Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Traveling through TSA with Testosterone

Started by dantheman42, November 30, 2018, 06:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantheman42

Hey, I'm new to this forum and I'm not quite sure how it works yet, so if this is posted in the wrong topic, my mistake. I will be traveling over Christmas break to go see family. I just changed my name and gender marker and I just got my social security card in the mail. I am waiting on my new license to come in, which should be here in time for my flights. My main issue is flying with my testosterone. Since I am still waiting on my documents to come in, I can't change my name with the doctor yet, in time for my next prescription. This means my dead name will be on my prescription while my ID will say my new information. I don't know what to do!!! Do you think they would let me through if i make sure I put some of my old paperwork with the prescription. Like, putting the court ordered name and gender change along with my old SS card and copy of my old license to prove that I am still the same person and that I haven't had my name updated on my script yet? Please Help.
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: dantheman42 on November 30, 2018, 06:31:42 PM
Hey, I'm new to this forum and I'm not quite sure how it works yet, so if this is posted in the wrong topic, my mistake. I will be traveling over Christmas break to go see family. I just changed my name and gender marker and I just got my social security card in the mail. I am waiting on my new license to come in, which should be here in time for my flights. My main issue is flying with my testosterone. Since I am still waiting on my documents to come in, I can't change my name with the doctor yet, in time for my next prescription. This means my dead name will be on my prescription while my ID will say my new information. I don't know what to do!!! Do you think they would let me through if i make sure I put some of my old paperwork with the prescription. Like, putting the court ordered name and gender change along with my old SS card and copy of my old license to prove that I am still the same person and that I haven't had my name updated on my script yet? Please Help.
If you received some paper from the court or from getting your legal name change or your dead name removed as long as you bring that paper with you along with your prescription it should be okay as long as it has your dead name on it and that you changed your name I imagine I should be perfectly fine

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Dani

Testosterone in the US is a controlled drug, which means that if you have a vial on you, it must be prescribed for you. Otherwise, you could be in legal hot water.

The vial should have your prescription label with your name on it. With your documentation of your name change should be all that you need. If you have any of the older ID's, it won't hurt to bring them along, too.
  •  

Chloe

Unsure of the issue here: place your T in checked baggage rather than as carry-on thru TSA checkpoint? Just ensure your baggage has name-tag with contact phone/email if misplaced/delayed? Having worked baggage service know after-the-fact the "airlines" really wouldn't care one way of another!

Just take what you need for trip duration. As a packed plane middle-seat aficionado hope your not ONEOFTHOSE early in line zone 1/2 boarders who try to stuff EVERYTHING into over-head bins instead!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

GingerVicki

Bring your prescription, not from your doctor, your id, your name change form, and you will be fine.
  •  

Jaime320

Pack and go. Likely won't be looked at twice. I fly with an EV vial every week. Just  bring only the syringes you need, and name change doc in carry on. Got looked at when I brought my 3 month supply first time through. Had to check it. Didn't want to check, and thought it be ok. Rule says only what you need.  If meds ever require refrigeration freeze a coke bottle in a refrigerated freeze sack. Works better than the gel blocks and lasts longer. Ice cold drink on other end to boot.
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, dantheman42!

Welcome to Susan's Place.

Because of the name discrepancy on your prescription, it would be prudent to bring your legal name change document (a certified copy, not the original) with you.  That is your legal proof that your old name and new name belong to the same person, and that therefore the prescription is yours.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself.  Here is some information that we like to share with new members:

Things that you should read

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •