Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

dead named by someone I just met

Started by AnamethatstartswithE, November 30, 2018, 07:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnamethatstartswithE

So at work I am doing a slightly different job from normal for a couple of weeks. On Wednesday I first met one of the people I'm coordinating with, he referred to me with my current name both Wednesday and Thursday. After our planning meeting he approached me to change something in the schedule. I did it and he said "thank you [deadname]"

I'm sure someone else told him that, and it doesn't help that a lot of people slip up with pronouns a lot. This isn't the first time I've had to deal with people who should know better doing that.

I just needed to vent, it's still bugging me.
  •  

Stevie

If this person had no experience with you prior to transition then it was done with some degree of malevolence.
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

Quote from: Stevie on November 30, 2018, 07:11:27 PM
If this person had no experience with you prior to transition then it was done with some degree of malevolence.

Honestly I don't think it was. I'm guessing that up close I'm not 100% passing, so me having a male name made sense to him and his brain did it unconsciously.
  •