Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Anyone just loves buying shoes?

Started by Tentacles, December 03, 2018, 04:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tentacles

Not me. I hate buying shoes. A trans thing. :D Tell me your bad experiences (or good ones if you have any)
  •  

DawnOday

I love stylish shoes that fit. Having said that I wear men's size 14 so size 16 would be appropriate. When I was twelve years old in 1963 the Kinney shoe salesman called me Bigfoot. Because I was size 13 at the time. Feet didn't grow too much after that but luckily my feet have shrunk around one foot size.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

randim

I can see how they can pile up.  Each pair is a unique fit for the clothes and the occasion. And, of course, color is a consideration. As an aside, I got my first pair of riding boots in a long time recently and wore them out for a full day.  That was quite sweet I have to say.
  •  

GingerVicki

I am a minimalist. I love shopping, but I am not quick to buy something that I will not use repeatedly. Things may change but I do not foresee myself with a pair of shoes for each outfit.
  •  

Linde

I loved to buy shoes when I was a male.  I have 35 pairs of male shoes!  And now that I'm  woman, I see the chance to get 35 pairs of women's shoes! Life is good!  ;D
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

dee82

I haven't bought many shoes, but so far it has been fun. I have very narrow feet and always found the men's sizes were never quite right for me.

But now I am finding women's shoes fit me perfectly. It's like it was always meant to be.

~Dee.

Sent from my VFD 513 using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: dee82 on December 04, 2018, 12:51:47 AM
I haven't bought many shoes, but so far it has been fun. I have very narrow feet and always found the men's sizes were never quite right for me.

But now I am finding women's shoes fit me perfectly. It's like it was always meant to be.

~Dee.

Sent from my VFD 513 using Tapatalk
You are lucky  I still hope that HRT makes my feet shrink a little.  Currently I have to either find an 11 w, or a  12  or 13 depending on the brand.  All the really cute shoes are a 10 and less, and I want them all!

•  

Lisa89125

Sigh, Every pair of shoes I looked at today only came in size 10. I like stylish shoes as well. I wore as a guy 12E W. My mom used to call me bigfoot all the time. I really feel gypped. My brother and sister all have mom's size 9 feet. That's so not fair.  >:(

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Linde

Just bought a pair of tennis shoe like clogs today! 11 did fit me pretty OK!

•  

Linde

Quote from: Aceofblackdiamonds on December 10, 2018, 05:57:17 PM
Sigh, Every pair of shoes I looked at today only came in size 10. I like stylish shoes as well. I wore as a guy 12E W. My mom used to call me bigfoot all the time. I really feel gypped. My brother and sister all have mom's size 9 feet. That's so not fair.  >:(

Lisa
Want to come buy?  We can fix that to any size foot you want.  I still have some scalpels and a bone saw laying around, and my workbench is pretty large.  We can cauterize the veins with my trusty solder iron and stop the bleeding for good!

•  

Maid Marion

Buying shoes is fun ever since I started buying women's shoes.  Just about everything comes in size 7. ;D
  •  

Kylo

Reminds me, want a new pair of Grensons. Don't buy many, but I like quality.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Lisa89125

Quote from: Dietlind on December 10, 2018, 06:02:22 PM
Wont to come buy?  We can fix that to any size foot you want.  I still have some scalpels and a bone saw laying around, and my workbench is pretty large.  We can cauterize the veins with my trusty solder iron and stop the bleeding for good!

:laugh:

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

CarlyMcx

In women's shoes I am an 11 or 12 depending on the manufacturer.  I've identified four or five manufacturers that make shoes that fit me.  Whenever I find a pair in a style I like that fits and is in a color and style I like, I grab it because it isn't going to be available for long.

My latest score is a pair of burgundy suede pumps from Naturalizer that I got online from DSW.
  •  

RetroTS

A RetroTS completely apocryphal but true story.....

I was 16 years old (late 1980's) and my gender dysphoria was in full swing. I was having frequent dreams of being a woman. I had amassed a small collection of clothes at this time, except shoes. .

Well, one night i had an extremely powerful dream, so intense that i was going to walk into my local K-Mart in my small southern town and buy a pair of something cute and most importantly femme, consequences be damned (which by the way were extremely real in that place as LGBTQ people were often beaten to a pulp, shunned, or made targets of religious persecution, it was seriously bad in those days)

At the time i was around a size 10 women's, so i worked my way over to the shoe dept and there they were: an absolutely cute pair of white flat sandals with a zipper in the back. OMG Cute!!!! Must Have! Must Have!

Then reality took over as i could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I realized i was playing with fire here but the urge was entirely too strong. I grabbed them and made my way to the checkout counter.

I was near the point of passing out as i was so terrified. As i was running through all of the scenarios of things that could happen to me in my mind, this mena i was not paying attention to the obstacle that i was about to walk into.

CRASH!

I knock a small display over in the aisle, which of course, makes your story teller the center of attention, clutching a pair of women's sandals.

With adrenaline strength i up-righted the display with one arm and managed to make it to the check out counter feeling the stares from the bewildered crowd.

$17.95 with tax, they were mine and i was out the door and in my car where i nearly had a nervous breakdown, LOL

•  

CindyLouFromCO

I do like shopping for shoes. 

I'm very picky though.  My size is small enough that I can easily spend a good amount of time looking.

My boyfriend is 6'3" so I stick with flats and lower profile shoes so I can stay well under his height..  My shoe size is 9 to 10.  If I can find a 9.5 I usually but it.  "If the shoe fits."
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

F_P_M

I HAAAATE shoe shopping.
Why? I have super weird feet.

Okay, so my feet are tiny (A uk size 4), very wide (a uk G width which is like the widest they bloody go) with a high instep and NO arch at all (seriously my feet are like very fat pancakes). I also have curled toes (it's heriditary, a lot of my family have them) and a muscle imbalance in my right foot which when I was a kid meant my foot twisted inward and as an adult means the ligaments are overstretched on one side and veeeeery sensitive so anything, anything at ALL pressing on them (like say, arch support) causes them to twinge and then oh hey, suddenly I can't walk because each step feels like the tendons in my foot are gonna literally snap.
It's genuine agony and I have many times had to walk on the side of my foot, screwing up my ankle in the process, just to get home.

Anyway, because of all this, it means 98% of all shoes flat out cannot and will not ever fit me.

Super cute girly shoes which I kinda like aesthetically but really aren't ME at all because i'm not girly in the slightest? Ooooh hell no. Heels? Heck no.
Even boots which are often wider fit? Nooope.

Last time I went shopping for shoes I no joke, found literally ONE pair in M&S I could fit (which were fashion suede which means not waterproof because women's shoes are fricken stupid) and 2 pairs in Clarks they had to go rummage about in the back to even FIND.
of 4 shoe shops, I found THREE pairs of shoes I could even get my foot INTO.
so yeaaaah.

Guys shoes I can't wear because they don't go down to size 4, because guys don't have tiny dang feet and shoes for teenagers/kids are often too narrow as WELL. *headdesk*

so basically i'm stuck wearing sandals, the TWO pairs of boots I own that actually fit me and a pair of converse which cause my foot to bleed but then so do my boots because my feet are dumb.
(seriously my little toe rams into the toe beside it and somehow, despite having like no nail on it, it wears a hole in the other toe and then I take my sock of and oh hey, there's blood all over my foot. Great.)

So yeah. Shoes man.

Though i admit, Converse and their colourful shoes I appreciate the heck outta and I do aesthetically LIKE shoes. I mean I can see a pair of boots and go "ooo those are some sexy dang boots" but I know I can't wear them.
So alas, I cannot indulge a shoe obsession. I just don't have the feet for it.

I wear my shoes literally to destruction. I mean I had a pair of boots i'd had for years and I kept getting them repaired over and over and then finally the shoe repair guy was all "look, I can't fix these, you NEED to buy new shoes" and no joke, i nearly cried.
All "NOOOOO!"

Another time I walked to tesco (supermarket) in bare feet because all three pairs of shoes I owned chose that day to BREAK on me. So I had to walk barefoot to the supermarket and hope I could find some shoes that I could wear at least temporarily. I found some sandals which were pretty comfy actually, wore them for about a year before they broke on me. hahah.

So yeah, once I find a pair of shoes that fit you're prying them from my cold dead hands! rargh!
  •  

Ann W

When I thought I was male, I disliked shopping for clothes, period. Since realizing I'm a woman, it's about my favorite thing to do. I would rather shop for clothes than go out to eat -- and, if you knew me, you'd realize how awesome that statement is.

I have a special problem with shoes. I'm planning to see a podiatrist, when I have some extra money, because I've finally found the right size. When I was still living in the Twilight Zone, thinking I was -- what's the word? oh, yes -- MALE, I thought women's fascination with shoes was comical. Now? I'll slap the face of any man who says that to me! :) Shoes are the holy grail. Don't ask me to explain it; it simply is.
  •  

F_P_M

Right!?? I was just talking about this with my husband today. Before my realisation I HATED shopping for women's clothing, it made me super hyper depressed and self concious and just angry and miserable. I had begun to actively dread doing it.
I never shopped in a typically feminine manner anyway, if I went in for pants I bought pants dangit. I don't DO browsing.

but oh.. oh.. since switching to mens wear.. it's like i'm a kid in a candy store. All "oo this! oo this! Ooo i wanna try this on!"
and i'm not sure if it's novelty or just the shere joy of clothing that doesn't make me feel gross and weird and actually kinda fits me.

But i... I kinda LIKE clothes shopping now.

EEEEEEP!

It's nice to know that's quite normal lol.

I don't get women and shoes though. My mother was on this mission to find "red sandals" because she had one skirt she thought would look nice with them and I was like "but... wouldn't black ones work for ALL the skirts?"
Lol. I just don't get it. But of course, I AM a man aren't i? I'm not supposed to understand women and shoes ahahaha.

•  

Anastasia

I never understood why my mother and wife have so many shoes. Most men's shoes (or so it seems to me) are some dark shade of blue, black or gray and slight style variations from shoe to shoe. Once I bought a couple of outfits (as opposed to random items), I realized that the right shoe can really make a difference.  Since I wear a woman's 10.5 (US), I am just outside the size for the bulk of the shoes, but I can usually find a shoe that will work. This just means a little more shopping, and trying on size 10, because just like men's shoes, the sizes are true from shoe to shoe. Love winter time and boots-they are so much warmer than any of my male shoes.

I am concerned for my 11 year old daughter. She is already a size 10. I really hope her foot is done growing or she will have a hard time with shoes. She prefers to wear nice clothes and shoes.

Edit- So yes, I love to shoe shop. I just need more money!
  •