Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

First makeup purchase

Started by Lucca, December 04, 2018, 01:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucca

I'm planning to experiment with makeup soon, what is the basic stuff you need for face, eyes, lips, and covering beard shadow? And perhaps most importantly, what do you need to remove it all?
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Lucca on December 04, 2018, 01:41:52 PM
I'm planning to experiment with makeup soon, what is the basic stuff you need for face, eyes, lips, and covering beard shadow? And perhaps most importantly, what do you need to remove it all?
I use the makeup removal sheets from Neutrogena. They work well.  I have some base stuff that is a combined sun protector and a base from my beauty outfit, I have some eye shadow selection, powder with rush, a brow/eyeliner pencil, mascara, and lipstick.  I do not need more.  I am considering to get my eyebrows tattooed because they are so blond that they are hardly visible.  I have them died currently, but that has to be redone every few weeks.  Tattoo is final, and I am done with!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Lyric

Don't get in too big a rush because you're not going to get it all down in one day-- probably not even in one month. The best way to learn makeup application is to pick up one makeup item, like eye liner or lip color, etc., and just practice that one thing until you've mastered it. Then go on to another. Obviously you want to do all this in private until you've put it all together. Have patience with yourself.

YouTube is chock full of beauty vloggers eager to show you how to apply every aspect of makeup and to recommend what to buy.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

ChrissyRyan

If anyone is concerned or squeamish about looking at cosmetics at the store, if you do not need any help, very large grocery stores and places like Walmart often have many cosmetics for sale.  Likely no one is looking at you during the slow sales hours of the day or night, except with security cameras (cosmetics are a high theft item, in fact the expensive cosmetics may have a security device attached to the box.)  Pay through self checkout if buying with a cashier is also a concern for you. 

But in time, this becomes just like most other purchases.  You are a woman after all!

For help, go with another lady or perhaps go to places such as Sephora or Ulta.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lucca

•  

Lucca

So, right now, I'm mostly just trying to get a good foundation/concealer mix to hide my shadow and even my skin tone. The problem is, my skin tone is all over the place, especially after shaving, with some parts being very pale and others being very red. How do I find the right foundation tone? I've got one that I think is too light, and the skin underneath just shows through, but the darker one I have looks more even but doesn't look super natural because it doesn't really resemble any of my natural skin tone.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think you will need to ask someone "in the know" what your undertones are.

There are also online articles about undertones and how to identify what you have.  Search for those articles.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lucca

Hmm, based on what I read, sounds like I have "cool" undertones.
  •  

Lucca

Apparently, the Foundation I bought is "dewy", which is perhaps why it doesn't like as smooth as I want. Would "matte" foundation be more smooth and "dry" looking?
  •