Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

FFS and BA with Dr. Crane and Dr. DeLeon in Austin

Started by Colleen_definitely, December 04, 2018, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen_definitely

Or perhaps "the skull grindery and boobie stuffing that almost killed me with stress before the doctors even had a chance to do anything"

I had a consult back in June or July with Dr. Crane everything was set and good to go.  Go to Austin, get my face peeled back, take a grinder to my noggin, and then jam some silicone baggies in my boobs.  Simple right?

Literally one week prior to surgery I got a call from Brownstein-Crane saying that insurance was causing trouble and I would have to switch to Dr. Rodriguez in San Fransisco thanks to BCBS TX playing games with out of state coverage.  The staff really did an amazing job of getting everything swapped around to be honest.  Within 24 hours they had me re-booked with another surgeon and my surgery date was pushed back by only two days.

So I cancelled my flights, hotels, etc, and rebooked to San Fran.  OK whew, we're good now right?  Surely nothing would change after all of that, right?

Wrong. 

I got a call five days prior to surgery asking "you're going to hate me for this but have you already re-booked everything?"  Apparently my frantic phone calls demanding answers from BCBS Massachusetts and Texas actually did something and I was back on for Austin.  The only explanation I got was "it was a massive communications breakdown."

I do love a good heart attack prior to getting carved up.

So I rebooked everything to where it was, and on Sunday it was off to Austin!

Monday morning my partner and I roll up to the surgery center and get checked in.  I get dressed in some oh so fashionable hospital garb and they get an IV started. 

Before:

(I'm not a fan of hospitals.)

Not long after they wheeled me back, got me onto one of those positioning tables that makes it look like you're getting crucified, and it was lights out.  The surgical team was really great.  Dr. Crane and Dr. DeLeon were both working on me for this one and they're both just downright nice people who do great work.

Recovery time!

I did pretty well in recovery.  It was after I got back to the hotel that the nausea from being under for 6 hours kicked in.  Last night was not a fun time.  Lots of vomiting and I couldn't even get a zofran down to prevent it.  Let me tell you: vomiting with freshly augmented breasts is no fun at all.  Eventually I got to sleep and things are much better today.

Oh did I mention the super freaky looking drain that stays in my forehead until Friday?

Pretty gross looking and the idea of having a plastic tube running across my forehead sucking bloody discharge out is just kind of eew.

So all in all it was a pretty minor procedure in both cases.  I kind of won the genetic lottery and didn't need a whole lot of facial work.  I ended up with a brow shave, orbit shave, forehead contouring, and brow lift.  Dr. Crane went for a coronal incision since my hair line was quite far forward enough to handle it and that saves me from having a scar at the hairline.

Even with the initial swelling I can tell that they managed to knock back my brow ridge and open up my eyes nicely.  Both of my eyebrows are still functional, though the right one is less mobile than the left.  Losing the ability to move one or both of those temporarily is pretty common.

The implants are smooth 550cc low profile silicone placed under the muscle.  They feel like I got kicked in the chest after taking part in a pushup competition but things look pretty good so far.  They should bring me up to about a 38D.

Wow I really managed to ramble on for this one, I blame the narcotics lol.

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

What terrible confusion but it seems to have worked out well. 

You look great for just having surgery.  Well, that Klingon looking thing in your brow won't be there long.   :o

But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Colleen,

I am happy for you!
I wish you a smooth post-op recovery and many happy times ahead.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

josie76

04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Colleen_definitely

Thanks everyone. So far recovery hasn't exactly been a trip to the day spa, but it's not as bad as I had imagined.

By far the worst part is the lack of ability to reach but I'm managing.
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on December 05, 2018, 02:31:06 PM
Thanks everyone. So far recovery hasn't exactly been a trip to the day spa, but it's not as bad as I had imagined.

By far the worst part is the lack of ability to reach but I'm managing.

Hi Colleen and Kellie,                 05 December 2018

When I met you and Kellie last month, I thought you both were just beautiful. I'm hoping you both will be here in January. As I said, dinner is on me so I'm looking forward to seeing both of you again.

Aside from the squiggly thing you still look beautiful. Hope the healing is speedy and easy.

Best always to you both, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Thanks Christine. We're definitely looking forward to the visit
  •  

Colleen_definitely

The doc said that around 72 hours post op is when swelling should peak and it has certainly picked up on my forehead.  Thank heavens for frozen peas.

My boobs look a little more swollen than before but the super stretched muscle pain is settling down. 

Thankfully I'm not seeing much bruising yet.  The forehead drain has slowed down considerably as well.  I can't wait to get that thing removed tomorrow morning.  I've still got a headband worth of staples holding my scalp together though.  I've never had staples before, the removal ought to be interesting.

Just looking at my profile and seeing that ridge gone and the hooding over my eyes reduced brings a happy tear to my eye.  (well and a bit of a wince from smiling since that hurts too, lol)

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on December 06, 2018, 01:21:52 PM
The doc said that around 72 hours post op is when swelling should peak and it has certainly picked up on my forehead.  Thank heavens for frozen peas.

My boobs look a little more swollen than before but the super stretched muscle pain is settling down. 

Thankfully I'm not seeing much bruising yet.  The forehead drain has slowed down considerably as well.  I can't wait to get that thing removed tomorrow morning.  I've still got a headband worth of staples holding my scalp together though.  I've never had staples before, the removal ought to be interesting.

Just looking at my profile and seeing that ridge gone and the hooding over my eyes reduced brings a happy tear to my eye.  (well and a bit of a wince from smiling since that hurts too, lol)

Colleen,                06 December 2018

You look fantastic; you must have super genes Take care of yourself. Looking forward to seeing the new you.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Thanks again Christine.  I should hopefully look mostly normal when I come to visit in January.  I'll definitely be in a lot less pain, that's for sure!

Dr. DeLeon yanked my forehead drain this morning.  That was a really bizarre sensation.  I'm just glad to be free of that thing now that it has served its purpose. 

I still have very little bruising on the chest and face, hopefully things stay that way.  It's all tender still as expected.  Next appointment is on Tuesday where I get trained in zen and the art of boobie massage.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I'm sure you're happy the drain has been removed.  You are right about the bruising.  I see nothing in the photo you posted.  Very encouraging.  The results are great.
In living every day.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Thanks Judi.  I'm definitely thankful that I could get away without having nose or jaw work.  The recovery from those looks pretty awful.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

One week checkup.  All in all not doing half bad for having my face peeled off a week ago.

Dr. Crane is super happy with how things are looking (as am I)  The little bit of bruising I got under my eyes is fading nicely and the pain just feels like an old bruise at this point.

My scalp full o' staples has to stay for one more week then my partner gets to remove them.  The incision line is definitely the most uncomfortable spot I have right now and even then it's really not bad.

The implant placement after one week looks spot on, dead center behind the nipples.  They still look a bit goofy due to riding too high still but that's normal and they'll drop in the next roughly six months.  My orders are to stay away from underwires for six weeks or so and don't worry about massage.  He used to be big on it but has seen no real benefit overall. 

Now for the fun of dealing with the TSA with freshly stuffed boobies and a few dozen staples in my scalp.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

In living every day.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

A quick four month update:

I still have a few patches of numbness near my temples, behind my left eyebrow and a couple spots on my head near the incision site, nothing unexpected.  I'm still a little swollen along my brow and the lighting in the photo makes it look worse than it really is, but it is improving.  Healing there is definitely a slow process.

As for the boobies?  They're still settling in and rounding out, but they've still got a few more months of doing that.  Most importantly for me is that I'm now at the point where I can wear an underwire bra comfortably again.  After getting back into something that isn't a frumpy wannabe sports bra with a zipper on the front I can say one thing:

"Yes these will do nicely."

•