News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Just another thread of little or no importance

Started by Laurie, December 04, 2018, 09:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi Folks,

Something I have failed to mention previously. I have one letter needed for GCS in my position. I picked it up on November 15 from my therapist. I have also been told my second letter will be signed and in the mail to me by close of business on Friday on Dec 7th. I will then compile the rest of the documents I have and turn the into Kaiser. Unless they tell me they need something else, it should be everything I need to get my referral for GCS  with Dr Dugi. It is supposed to be about 1 year from that point for consultation with him and another year for the actual surgery. Almost as bad as over in the EU but not quite. Dr. Dugi is the only GCS surgeon in the Oregon & Washington area. used by Kaiser and others.  If I'm still alive in around 2 years I may get new equipment. If not then it really won't matter will it.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

HappyMoni

Girl, you know how to sell a thread, don't you? This is exciting news. I guess it is time for a name for that dog and I will have to make plans to come retrieve the body. lol I'll get to work on the shrine.
Love ya, ya silly!
Maunie
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Jessica_Rose

That is awesome news Laurie! I'll keep my fingers crossed that maybe a cancelation or two will speed up your timeline a bit. Of course you will still be here, you are too ornery to leave this place before getting the proper equipment!

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Laurie
Dear Laurie
Contrary to your thread title, your thread is not only a thread of great importance to you of course, but for all of your friends and followers it is also very important to all of us... we are rejoicing in your very good news with you and for you ....
....and when you finally get a firm date for your GCS we will all be eager to do a countdown with you. 
Of course, even before that we want you to share all of your updates relating to things like that....
....we are your biggest fans and we are rooting for you.

Thanks very much for sharing this with us on your new thread....
Hugs and continued well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Laurie on December 04, 2018, 09:39:11 PM
Hi Folks,

Something I have failed to mention previously. I have one letter needed for GCS in my position. I picked it up on November 15 from my therapist. I have also been told my second letter will be signed and in the mail to me by close of business on Friday on Dec 7th. I will then compile the rest of the documents I have and turn the into Kaiser. Unless they tell me they need something else, it should be everything I need to get my referral for GCS  with Dr Dugi. It is supposed to be about 1 year from that point for consultation with him and another year for the actual surgery. Almost as bad as over in the EU but not quite. Dr. Dugi is the only GCS surgeon in the Oregon & Washington area. used by Kaiser and others.  If I'm still alive in around 2 years I may get new equipment. If not then it really won't matter will it.

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Dena

I hate people who say I told you so however I am still going to do it.
I remember not long ago talking to somebody  who was never going to have anybody close in their life, be able to change their documentation or get surgery. Well it seems you have just completed the third so congratulations on your hard work and determination in reaching your goals.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jessica

Have you checked the wait time at the Kaisers in Northern California?  Might be quicker.
Just sayin'

Hugs from your little sis 💕💕💕

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Beverly Anne

You go, Laurie! A thread of much importance. I meet with my surgeon January 11. So excited! I'm finishing up nursing school and will have surgery in July, I hope, before I start my new career if all goes as planned. Let's do this, girl!
Be authentic and live life unafraid!
  •  

Laurie

Thank you all for your thoughts. This should have gone in my thread but there seems to be a problem with it. I also feel the news is of little real importance to anyone here as you will likely not be able to follow my future event. I think I can honestly tell everyone I will not be here to provide them.
And Dena GCS is in no way a done deal. Yes, I am moving in that direction but there is a lot of time between now an then. I've said it before and I will say it again. I live on borrowed time already and have lived quite far past my expected demise. I fully expect to hear my cancer has returned one of these checkups. next one is Monday. It could easily be the one. Two more years could easily be beyond my lifetime. Who knows? I'm not holding my breath over it though. When it comes it comes and will probably be the end of me.

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on December 05, 2018, 12:55:45 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts. This should have gone in my thread but there seems to be a problem with it. I also feel the news is of little real importance to anyone here as you will likely not be able to follow my future event. I think I can honestly tell everyone I will not be here to provide them.
And Dena GCS is in no way a done deal. Yes, I am moving in that direction but there is a lot of time between now an then. I've said it before and I will say it again. I live on borrowed time already and have lived quite far past my expected demise. I fully expect to hear my cancer has returned one of these checkups. next one is Monday. It could easily be the one. Two more years could easily be beyond my lifetime. Who knows? I'm not holding my breath over it though. When it comes it comes and will probably be the end of me.

This is sad to even think about.  'Enjoy everyday as if was it was your last' has been a thought I live with daily.  Life is to short to worry about the end.  Live all your days in happiness. It's the least you can do for yourself.  I hope to see you soon.

Little sis

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Janes Groove

Like the good book says, nobody knows the day or the hour.  Today is a blessing to be enjoyed. Tomorrow? Who knows.

That said I'm so glad you have found a way to at least make this surgery a real possibility to look forward to.

•  

Faith

How did this sneak under my radar? It's great news Laurie! If you make it, there'll be happiness for multiple reasons. If you don't, there will be sadness for one big reason.

take care
Faith
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Laurie on December 05, 2018, 12:55:45 AM

@Laurie:    cc: @Michelle_P
My dear Laurie:
OK now, stop it, your are making tears well up in my eyes reading your words of "gloom and doom" and your eventual demise  ... perhaps you need to be put up on the refrigerator for a while or at least you can be a little more positive about your life events. 
We will all get our time in the barrel, none of us know what the future holds for us, for each one of us our time here on this earth is determined by a higher power way beyond our pay grade.... so always make the most of whatever you do each and every  day.   

I would also suggest that you spend lots of quality time with your BFF sweetheart, she needs you and you need her.

Here is my thought about my life....  "I plan to live forever, so far, so good" 

Everyone here is rooting for you, not only regarding your future GCS, but also definitely for your next Cancer Screening test.....  we are all trusting and hoping that the test results will come back NEGATIVE, as in NO CANCER FOUND.

I will be looking for more of your updates on your various threads and elsewhere on the forums, on PMs and via personal emails.

Lots of hugs for you from me!!!!!
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

Laurie, I am happy for you that you are making progress towards your GCS.  I am in a similar position.  I just got my second letter, and my file is now at the insurance office.  From there it will be more than a year's wait.  So I totally get the frustration of waiting.

I don't have a cancer diagnosis, but I could just as easily get hit by a truck tomorrow.  None of us knows what the future holds.  Live every day as though it were your last.  One day, you'll be right.  In the meantime, you live, plan, love, enjoy.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

davina61

Looks like we are on a similar time line dear though still waiting for first appointment letter from GIC , apparently the backlog is getting worse . still waited nearly 63 years so whats another couple (for ever doh) . Anyways went off what I was going to say, go forward girl as look what happens when you do an adventure and mean rotten might just vanish. Moni you can call it Mack as its on a lorry (sorry) Laurie
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on December 04, 2018, 10:32:23 PM
Have you checked the wait time at the Kaisers in Northern California?  Might be quicker.
Just sayin'

Hugs from your little sis 💕💕💕

Hi, Jessica!

Wait time for a consult in Kaiser NorCal for Gender Confirmation Surgery (GCS/GAS) is around 3-4 months right now, and wait time from a consult to surgery is a year, but...  If a person is available on a few weeks notice, make sure the surgery scheduler knows this!  You will usually talk with or be able to meet with the scheduler on the consult date (Ask!).  By 'flying standby', you may be able to grab a cancellation after a shorter wait.

Kaiser NorCal is adding surgeons to the GCS roster, and this will also reduce the wait time.  I hope Kaiser NorthWest will do the same!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Michelle_P

I'm planning on hanging around with Laurie through her Monday checkups at the VA.  I've always hated going to the doctor alone for major screening stuff.  Too much Alone And Worrying time!

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 06, 2018, 11:11:56 AM
I'm planning on hanging around with Laurie through her Monday checkups at the VA.  I've always hated going to the doctor alone for major screening stuff.  Too much Alone And Worrying time!

@Michelle_P  @Laurie
Dear Michelle:
That is so very sweet and caring of you .... 
...you are correct, going to medical appointments like that can be so distressing and having a loved one being there in the waiting room and then waiting for them to come out... so very nice of you. 

I am more than sure that your Laurie  will be most appreciative... and then afterwards, perhaps a nice cozy lunch or dinner?

I am wishing Laurie well with her checkups... hoping, trusting and praying for a good report.
Hugs and more hugs to both you Michelle and of course to Laurie.
Danielle

•  

Laurie

Apparently someone does not want to allow me to be able to post in my Here I go again thread. There have been several posts removed from it for no valid reason and without any notification of why it was done. It has been locked.. Again without explanation and does not appear that it will be unlocked.
  Well, if that is how this site is run I do not need to provide any support for it ever again. I will save my money for something actually useful.

•  

dee82

Quote from: Laurie on December 06, 2018, 10:02:45 PM
  Apparently someone does not want to allow me to be able to post in my Here I go again thread. There have been several posts removed from it for no valid reason and without any notification of why it was done. It has been locked.. Again without explanation and does not appear that it will be unlocked.
  Well, if that is how this site is run I do not need to provide any support for it ever again. I will save my money for something actually useful.

Oh that's not good Laurie. Surely, someone will explain and resolve this for you. It must be some mistake, right?
  •  

Michelle_P

*SIGH*  I know what happens next.

I'm enjoying hanging out with my girlfriend, and we have a few activities planned.  I'm going to steal some time with her electrolyst to get a few strays that have shown up over the past several weeks zapped.  I'll be meeting more of her friends up north of here.  Monday is her medical day, and since Tuesday night I have an event back near my home, it looks like I will be leaving late Monday to early Tuesday.

I don't look forward to that. 

•