Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Who likes lasagna?

Started by Devlyn, December 07, 2018, 03:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

A friend of mine who visited yesterday absolutely loved my lasagna  ;D  But no worries, I never invite nit picks over anyway
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: V M on March 15, 2019, 04:24:55 PM
A friend of mine who visited yesterday absolutely loved my lasagna  ;D  But no worries, I never invite nit picks over anyway

:(

I guess I'll just have to make my own along with home made noodles and maybe have some Italian wedding soup along with it. ;D
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: V M on March 15, 2019, 03:53:51 PM
I like to put olives on the top when I make lasagna

The olives look good on there, nice touch!
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on December 08, 2018, 06:22:24 PM
Make up a good marinara.  If there's a doubt, add more garlic and basil.

Mix up ricotta, cottage cheese, parm, mozzarella, lots of garlic, some basil, a dash of oregano, 2 or 3 eggs and more garlic.  Mixing in some pancetta or just crumbled Italian sausage is a good idea here if you want it.

Slap a bit of marinara into a pan.  Layer uncooked noodles on top, coat the noodles with marinara then cheese mixture.  Sprinkle more mozzarella and garlic on, add another layer of noodles, sauce, and cheese.  Stack that thing until it hits the top of the pan.

Cover with some oiled aluminum foil to keep the top layer of cheese from getting hard.  Bake for ~45 minutes at 350F/175C then remove foil, continue to cook until the cheese is nice and golden.

And just like cannibal barbecue in the deep south, the secret is in the sauce so put a bit of effort into it.
You are a girl after my own heart. I love seafood as well. I see food and then I must eat it- get it - ha ha ha.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

sarahc

I love lasagna. Unfortunately, there are few worse things for my diet. I mean, you have three bites of most lasagnas and that's a meal! And I can't eat just three bites, so I stay away from it (and it is hard to resist).
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

I put the leftover squares in these nifty microwavable Pyrex containers for when I need my weekly fix later  ;D   
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on March 16, 2019, 02:26:52 PM
I put the leftover squares in these nifty microwavable Pyrex containers for when I need my weekly fix later  ;D   

That works very well!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

It does, heated the last one up last Saturday

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Those little leftovers are so convenient too!

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Yeah, they're one quart containers that are microwave and oven safe so I can use them for heating full servings  ;D

I often cook enough for 2-4 servings so they're also pretty convenient, especially on nights when I don't feel like cooking

Kinda making my own TV dinners LOL

- V M
  •  

JoyJoy

I have an overly affectionate cat here for trade if you can bring a tray over?! Hahahaa ;D
Just one fork please :D
  •  

TonyaW

Haven't made it in a while but my specialty is a 4 pepper 5 cheese version.

The "sauce" is diced red, green,yellow, and orange bell peppers and diced tomatoes with whatever seasonings I feel like, oregano, basil, garlic, and onion usually.
Cheese layers are ricotta, provolone, and mozzarella using shredded parmesan and  asiago on the top only.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Have any of you tried vegetarian lasagna?  It it simply like regular lasagna but without any meat in the sauce?  Or did you add veggies like mushrooms?  Tonya, is your lasagna with peppers a vegetarian lasagna?

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 20, 2019, 12:50:48 PM
Have any of you tried vegetarian lasagna?

Chrissy

I didn't make it but I've had spinach and mushroom lasagna  ;D   It was pretty good actually

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on April 20, 2019, 01:56:06 PM
I didn't make it but I've had spinach and mushroom lasagna  ;D   It was pretty good actually

Sounds good. I do like mushrooms and spinach.

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Has anyone ever had a Mexican Lasagna? A bit different but pretty tasty if you like hispanic food  ;D

- V M
  •  

Mariah

Never had it, but sounds good. What is Mexican Lasagna like? Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: V M on April 23, 2019, 05:48:21 PM
Has anyone ever had a Mexican Lasagna? A bit different but pretty tasty if you like hispanic food  ;D
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

V M

Quote from: Mariah on April 23, 2019, 05:53:50 PM
Never had it, but sounds good. What is Mexican Lasagna like? Hugs
Mariah

Here's the Recipe I followed more or less but with a few of my own variations

I was going to take a picture of the one I made but the guys were pretty hungry and so it all disappeared rather quickly  :icon_blink:

- V M
  •  

Mariah

Cool, Thank You
Quote from: V M on April 23, 2019, 06:15:30 PM
Here's the Recipe I followed more or less but with a few of my own variations

I was going to take a picture of the one I made but the guys were pretty hungry and so it all disappeared rather quickly  :icon_blink:
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •