Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Dum-dum question

Started by randim, December 10, 2018, 10:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randim

What is the proper way to embed video on this site?  If I copy an embed code from youtube, I get an iframe like so..

<iframe width="712" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3UUWkr4FUlo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This doesn't embed anything in a post.  The markup just appears as is.  Are there some additional tags that need to be added to support inserting the iframe?
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@randim
     Go to your Video and copy the URL address link up in the address bar of your browser.

Insert the url address link, not the embed code, between the hyperlink,
                  [url] address link [url]
it is the 2nd button above the row of the displayed smileys....

If you have further questions please let me know.
Danielle

Quote from: randim on December 10, 2018, 10:34:50 AM
What is the proper way to embed video on this site?  If I copy an embed code from youtube, I get an iframe like so..great

<iframe width="712" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3UUWkr4FUlo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This doesn't embed anything in a post.  The markup just appears as is.  Are there some additional tags that need to be added to support inserting the iframe?
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

LizK

I use tapatalk or if posting on Susans site I keep control by linking to a free Imgur.com account. when I block the image from Imgur it is no longer available to be seen

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

MaryT

In practice, you don't even need the url tags:

You can see what I put by quoting this post.  By the way, you can't see the video when you preview it but you can after posting it.

•  

randim

•