News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Natalie’s Weight Log

Started by NatalieRene, December 15, 2018, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 20, 2019, 08:19:47 PM
You almost got me girl!  Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday, I will become the fat one of the two of us!  I better learn to live with it!
I wanted to go to a symphony concert today, and arriving at the venue I found that it was canceled (looking at the website would have helped.  Here I was, with all that free time on my hands, and I decided to drive to the largest mall in the area and do some shopping.  I needed a pair of pumps anyway to have some more formal looking shoes.  I found a nice pair at Payless, and to make it even sweeter, they had 40% of n anything today (the snowbirds are here and they have to be lured in).  And I bought a pair of cargo jeans in another store that had everything reduced by 50% and three tops.  All the tops were L sized (seems no more XL required for this lady), and the pants were a size 12, and not my norml 14.
It looks as if I reached my trage clothing size, but definitely not my target weight.  I just don't know how much water that estrogen stuff holds back in my body, but I know that I still want to loose some more weight!
I might want to set a new tragget for clothing, tops size M and pants size 10????  I might never get to this, but I need to set a goal to work towards it!

At least I don't look anymore like the fat lady (and that is good, because I can neither sing nor dance well), I might retire to be the heavy lady instead!   :o ::)

I have a check up appoint for HRT this Thursday. Last time I weighed in there I was 231 pounds fully dressed after having already lost ten pounds which raised some eye brows. I am not sure what to expect from my doctor when she seems the number drop a little over thirty pounds since November 6th 2018.

I hope that tomorrow I will be under 199 pounds. Right now I am shooting for 140 to 150 pounds but if I can manage 130 pounds I would be fine with that If I can keep up the pace of weight loss I can reach 130 in roughly 17 weeks. At that point I know I will fit in a medium maybe even a small woman size.

Then I'll have a jacket like this for the fall and spring next year:

Nordstrom has got so many outfits that I am dining to get ahold of. Once I have got the house over here and sold the place in Virginia I am going to be using my fun money to buy a little here and there and fill up my closet with new things to go with what I have now.
  •  

Linde

I have a similar jacket, and I have to see if it fits again.  Your weight loss might slow down once the added bacon is gone.  Try to find out with your doctor what they think an ideal weight would be for you!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

GingerVicki

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 20, 2019, 11:27:43 PM
I have a similar jacket, and I have to see if it fits again.  Your weight loss might slow down once the added bacon is gone.  Try to find out with your doctor what they think an ideal weight would be for you!

My weight before I put on weight was roughly 140 pounds. I know I can get down to there and be fine. I also know I still had minor love handles at that weight so there is room to lose a little more. For me 130 pounds is roughly a BMI of 20.5 which would be considered normal.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 21, 2019, 06:36:56 AM
My weight before I put on weight was roughly 140 pounds. I know I can get down to there and be fine. I also know I still had minor love handles at that weight so there is room to lose a little more. For me 130 pounds is roughly a BMI of 20.5 which would be considered normal.
Wow, you could have a weight competition with my dog, she is about 130 lbs!  As  said, when I was a little below 180 lbs, I was considered to look way to thin!  I am not that much taller than you, but it seems that I have way heavier bones than you have.  Most people tell me now already that I look just right and can't understand why I would like to loose another 20 lbs (but they don't see those handles either)!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 21, 2019, 09:47:44 AM
Wow, you could have a weight competition with my dog, she is about 130 lbs!  As  said, when I was a little below 180 lbs, I was considered to look way to thin!  I am not that much taller than you, but it seems that I have way heavier bones than you have.  Most people tell me now already that I look just right and can't understand why I would like to loose another 20 lbs (but they don't see those handles either)!
Yeah I am not large boned. I can wear most woman's watches. My hands are small. My fingers are small. I'm under six feet tall. I have wide hips. My shoulders are more broad then I would like but fall within the female range. My arm if held straight down palms out go out away from my body below the elbow.

My build wasn't from HRT. I started transitioning when I was 28 so my skeleton was fully developed at that point. It was pure genetics. I also ate a normal male diet so it wasn't like I was loading up on soy and stuff.

The only thing that made me male was the plumbing which was a cruel joke.

Our male Black Labrador is close to 100 pounds. He is a large dog and gets excited on the leash. The funny thing is I have him walking on the leash better then my boyfriend who is a large guy.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 21, 2019, 11:35:39 AM
Yeah I am not large boned. I can wear most woman's watches. My hands are small. My fingers are small. I'm under six feet tall. I have wide hips. My shoulders are more broad then I would like but fall within the female range. My arm if held straight down palms out go out away from my body below the elbow.

My build wasn't from HRT. I started transitioning when I was 28 so my skeleton was fully developed at that point. It was pure genetics. I also ate a normal male diet so it wasn't like I was loading up on soy and stuff.

The only thing that made me male was the plumbing which was a cruel joke.

Our male Black Labrador is close to 100 pounds. He is a large dog and gets excited on the leash. The funny thing is I have him walking on the leash better then my boyfriend who is a large guy.
You mean you have a cute little doggy!  Mine is a Rottweiler/Great Dane mix, and it is only a girl.  The dog would be close to 150 lbs if it was a male!
The dog is the reason that I have a decent size SUV, because she needs the entire trunk to feel comfortable in it.
But as I mentioned, when we walk through the woods, I am not really afraid of anybody, and the dog acts like :bring it on stranger, bring it on!  Her mentality is definitely more Rottweiler than Great Dane!

Well, because my funny chromosome mutations, I am also more female than male, but because of the XXY, I am also tall.  I just tried to do your shoulder measurement trick, and it seems as if my hips are a fraction wider than my shoulders, but I know a ton of cis women who have not really wide hips.  It seems to me as if most Nordic women have the smaller hips, while almost all Latino women have wider hips.

When you do the thing with your arms, do you mean you point the palms to the front?  If I do that, mine hands are almost a foot away from my hips, while the upper part of the arm down to the elbow,  is pressed tightly against the body.
I must  also fall right into the female range for women of my size, because I can buy my clothing at any clothing store, and it fits, most of the time even without trying.
But I know that I am genetically female to a large part, and it just makes sense that my body is shaped that way, too.  I just wonder why nature played the stupid trick not giving me any body hair, but insisting on me having a beard?  I would have gladly taken hair under my armpits instead!

But it doe not matter what would have been nice, I have to deal with what I have.  I am grateful that I do not have to bother with an hair on my body, arms or legs (and the thought that there are people with hair on their hands and fingers kind of makes me shiver), my hands are considered to be small for a person of my size, my feet are small enough that I can find nice shoes to put on (bought a pair of pumps yesterday), and I don't have an Adams Apple, and no hair loss at all, and natural breast growth without any hormones.
My main problem is, like yours was that I have the male plumbing parts to deal with.  But they are so little, and I don't really need to do the stuff, I read here, others have to do to hide them.  They are kind of self hiding.

But all that has nothing to do with your weight loss!  I am still absolutely amazed about the dedication you have to reach your dream weight.  You tug along, a few ounces a time, while I try to find a million excuses not to have to exercise today!

•  

NatalieRene

The weight loss is a simple manifestation of my will. If I am [not] losing weight I eat less and/or exercise longer. I usually opt for the later option.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 21, 2019, 01:26:34 PM
The weight loss is a simple manifestation of my will. If I am losing weight I eat less and/or exercise longer. I usually opt for the later option.
For me it seems less eating (as far as I am allowed to do that) is way easier than more exercising.  It is early afternoon, and so far I ate about 400 cals.  I might add another 400 for supper, and that is it for the day!  Once i am on a low food intake track, I can do this easily, I just have to set my mind to it.  This makes my stomach shrink in a few days, and I feel filled with even rather small portions.  I can achieve this low calorie intake stuff, by eating fish and vegetables plus a little amount of fruit.  I just need to eat enough carbs to keep me from going into hypoglycemia.

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 21, 2019, 01:53:48 PM
For me it seems less eating (as far as I am allowed to do that) is way easier than more exercising.  It is early afternoon, and so far I ate about 400 cals.  I might add another 400 for supper, and that is it for the day!  Once i am on a low food intake track, I can do this easily, I just have to set my mind to it.  This makes my stomach shrink in a few days, and I feel filled with even rather small portions.  I can achieve this low calorie intake stuff, by eating fish and vegetables plus a little amount of fruit.  I just need to eat enough carbs to keep me from going into hypoglycemia.
Do you go into hypoglycemia if you have more carbs and exercise more?

My lunch today was about 425 calories. My dinner will probably be around 500 to 600 calories. I'll log it as 600. Then I'll exercise to have expended over the course of the day at least 3000 calories. This along with 40-60 Oz of water in a day generally helps me lose about .3 to .8 pounds per day depending on the cycle.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 21, 2019, 02:29:45 PM
Do you go into hypoglycemia if you have more carbs and exercise more?

My lunch today was about 425 calories. My dinner will probably be around 500 to 600 calories. I'll log it as 600. Then I'll exercise to have expended over the course of the day at least 3000 calories. This along with 40-60 Oz of water in a day generally helps me lose about .3 to .8 pounds per day depending on the cycle.
If I eat few carbs only, I can't really exercise at all, because the medication eats all the carbs it can get.  It is kind of a game, to be at the right point of carbs to be able to make it through a walk.  Last week I felt a low sugar situation coming up when I was about 1/2 mile away from home.  I very slowly walked back home to make sure not to bun much energy, and started to stuff dried prunes into me (fruit sugar goes very fast into the cardio vascular system).
And a few hour later I felt OK again.  I remembered that I had not much to eat that morning, and had no energy left.

Hypoglycemia can be deadly, if not handled properly.  If one knows how it feels if it comes up, one can handle it.  I have to start to take some sugar cubes with me if  go out onto any physical activity.  I experienced it about 4 times over the course of the last 20 years, and each time it was because of something stupid I did/did not do.  Lots of alcohol consumption can also cause it, because alcohol uses carbs to metabolize.

•  

NatalieRene

I am glad that I do not have that issue.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 21, 2019, 03:27:52 PM
I am glad that I do not have that issue.
That was either a free gift from my mother or from those stupid mutated chromosomes (XXY people tend to have diabetes)!  I for sure did not ask for it!  When I was first diagnosed with it about 20 years ago, I fell into a really deep hole of depression, and it took me a while to climb out of it again.  And shortly after that the stupid transgender stuff hit!

Talking of kicking a person when she is down!
But I am now OK with both, I have the diabetes pretty well under control, nd love the transgender thingy!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 21, 2019, 07:24:00 PM
That was either a free gift from my mother or from those stupid mutated chromosomes (XXY people tend to have diabetes)!  I for sure did not ask for it!  When I was first diagnosed with it about 20 years ago, I fell into a really deep hole of depression, and it took me a while to climb out of it again.  And shortly after that the stupid transgender stuff hit!

Talking of kicking a person when she is down!
But I am now OK with both, I have the diabetes pretty well under control, nd love the transgender thingy!

I can tolerate being trans. I'm very thankful I at least rolled decent genetics despite the plumbing but I wish I could have been cis female. My childhood would have been better, I wouldn't have had to play a part. I could have a biological family. I know there are cars woman that are barren but most are not. I know it doesn't help going down depressed lane.  :icon_sadblinky:
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 21, 2019, 08:05:31 PM
I can tolerate being trans. I'm very thankful I at least rolled decent genetics despite the plumbing but I wish I could have been cis female. My childhood would have been better, I wouldn't have had to play a part. I could have a biological family. I know there are cars woman that are barren but most are not. I know it doesn't help going down depressed lane.  :icon_sadblinky:
I wish I would have been a cis person, I don't care whether male or female, bu not that being in the middle, not knowing whether hot or cold.  I like transgender, because now I can at least decide for my own, what I want to be!
About having a family, you can always adopt if you have the right partner who wants to have a family with you.  And lock at my son and his spouse, they could have a hole train load of kids, but they don't want any.

I settled into the acceptance that I will never ever will be a grandparent.
Life goes on, and I trek along with it.

•  

NatalieRene

No weight loss to report. I actually weighed in at 199.3 today. But my waist size has dropped down to 43.5 inches so it is possible that I am retaining some water. I'm content though with the shrinking waist and trust that I'll be below 199 by the end of the upcoming weekend.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think that you are doing very well Natalie.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 22, 2019, 08:22:39 AM
I think that you are doing very well Natalie.   :)

Chrissy

Thanks. I'm including the waist metric because sometimes the weight doesn't go down but the overall goal of slimming down is still making progress. I know people can get discouraged when they don't see results and I'm not exempt. Seeing this helps me see progress and motivates me to keep going.

My exercise pants are really starting to get loose. I am going to have to get another batch of them soon to keep from looking like I am walking around in baggy pants.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Natalie,

Do you like the new scale?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 22, 2019, 07:00:10 PM
Natalie,

Do you like the new scale?

Chrissy

The jury is still out. It seems like it struggles with the calibration. It seems to be getting more consistent now.
  •