Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Natalie’s Weight Log

Started by NatalieRene, December 15, 2018, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I set the scale in the same spot on the floor to let it give consistent readings.
It does when I do that.  Otherwise the weight readouts will vary.

This may not be your issue however.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 22, 2019, 08:17:13 AM
No weight loss to report. I actually weighed in at 199.3 today. But my waist size has dropped down to 43.5 inches so it is possible that I am retaining some water. I'm content though with the shrinking waist and trust that I'll be below 199 by the end of the upcoming weekend.
I think you are hitting the same problem I am at.  The easy to burn fat is gone now, and the hard core stuff does not really want to let go  But estrogen keeps more water in the body.  I see that with my feet, even with spiro, they are still slightly  swollen at night.  I will get some compression knee highs, and see whether they can push the water up.
I had 900 cal food intake today, burnt 250 cals with walking.  That leaves 650 cal for nutritions.  My average daily requirement is 2200 cals.  I need to get down to 180 lbs, darn it, and if I have to live on glucose pills alone!  I will get there!

But in reality, I still think it is more important to be able to have the  a nice waste  o be able to fit ll the cute clothing stuff, than it is to have the absolute weight right!

I am pretty happy already, because I can go into any store and buy any XL top, and any L bottom, and I know it will fit me!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on January 22, 2019, 07:31:16 PM
I think you are hitting the same problem I am at.  The easy to burn fat is gone now, and the hard core stuff does not really want to let go  But estrogen keeps more water in the body.  I see that with my feet, even with spiro, they are still slightly  swollen at night.  I will get some compression knee highs, and see whether they can push the water up.
I had 900 cal food intake today, burnt 250 cals with walking.  That leaves 650 cal for nutritions.  My average daily requirement is 2200 cals.  I need to get down to 180 lbs, darn it, and if I have to live on glucose pills alone!  I will get there!

But in reality, I still think it is more important to be able to have the  a nice waste  o be able to fit ll the cute clothing stuff, than it is to have the absolute weight right!

I am pretty happy already, because I can go into any store and buy any XL top, and any L bottom, and I know it will fit me!

Linde,

Did your appetite change after taking estrogen?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 22, 2019, 07:31:16 PM

I am not going to be stuck at this weight! If I have to fast for days on end I am going to lose this weight. I'm not even sure if this scale is any good. I step on the thing three times and it gives me a different weight by a difference in pounds at a time. I'm honestly thinking about returning it and going and getting a different one.

My waist is shrinking so I know I am moving in the right direction. I'll get there. For all I know I wasn't actually as light as I thought I was when I first got that scale. Who knows because I don't have an item of a known weight to see how accurate it is. If I end up returning it I'll do it on Saturday.
  •  

Dena

My roommate needed to lose serious weight because of diabetes and I got tired of cheap scales that kick out different readings every time you stepped on them so I ordered a beam balance scale. People who have seen it kid me about it all the time but I know when I step on it, the weight will be correct. They run about $150 now but we probably put close to that in cheap scales that didn't work.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 22, 2019, 09:01:21 PM
I am not going to be stuck at this weight! If I have to fast for days on end I am going to lose this weight. I'm not even sure if this scale is any good. I step on the thing three times and it gives me a different weight by a difference in pounds at a time. I'm honestly thinking about returning it and going and getting a different one.

My waist is shrinking so I know I am moving in the right direction. I'll get there. For all I know I wasn't actually as light as I thought I was when I first got that scale. Who knows because I don't have an item of a known weight to see how accurate it is. If I end up returning it I'll do it on Saturday.
All consumer scales are rather rude instruments.  The electronic ones work with pressure cans that change resistance which is correlated to weight.  The mechanical one work with springs.  None of them are quite lineal, and your know eight may be different for a higher or lower weight.  The only really accurate scales are the balance arm scales, like many health clubs or physicians offices have.

I think more money will not buy a better scale but just more bling and toys! Best would be to test several in the store, average the result, and than buy one that is closest to the average.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Dena on January 22, 2019, 09:18:52 PM
My roommate needed to lose serious weight because of diabetes and I got tired of cheap scales that kick out different readings every time you stepped on them so I ordered a beam balance scale. People who have seen it kid me about it all the time but I know when I step on it, the weight will be correct. They run about $150 now but we probably put close to that in cheap scales that didn't work.
Of course, this scale is only as accurate as you operate it.  If I see some nurses in physicians offices how they more or less guess the weight, because they don't want to play around to long with the ounces slider, I know that they may be off a few pounds.

•  

NatalieRene

I  weighed myself several times over the course of last night and this morning. For a change seems to be more steady in its estimate after I finally managed to get it to properly calibrate itself. Also there are four sensors on it so if you are not dead center it can cause the weight to be lower then centered which I think caused it to inaccurate. The odd pattern on it appears to be a indicator for where to put the heel of your foot. So while still just an estimate because it's not a beam scale. I am tempted to get one but I don't really need that level of accuracy. I just need something that will be consistent to help me track trends so I can respond accordingly.

This log while I build confidence in the scale shows the fluctuations of weight in the day. All I'm looking for here is did it go up when I eat and drink and does it come down over time but not so much where it is a fairy tale. It matches the changes over time that I have come to expect.

1700 hours: 200 pounds (whatever gain from lunch was left plus three bottles of water through the day)
1800 hours: 201.1 pounds (dinner and a bottle of water)
2200 hours: 200.2 pounds (going to bed)
0630 hours: 198.6 pounds (getting ready for work)

So my weigh in has broken past the 199 barrier. This makes my weight loss in the last seven days ~4.4 pounds.

Yesterday I burned 3421 calories and ingested 1502 calories and drank 40 Oz of water. To burn the calories I jogged 4 miles and walked an additional 4.4 miles.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Yay!   :)

You record a lot of detail.  That might be useful.

Chrissy
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 23, 2019, 08:12:02 AM
Yay!   :)

You record a lot of detail.  That might be useful.

Chrissy

I'm a software engineer so it's my job to make order out of chaos. I guess this is just another manifestation of that behavior.

The important thing though is I'm losing weight.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 23, 2019, 08:36:39 AM
I'm a software engineer so it's my job to make order out of chaos. I guess this is just another manifestation of that behavior.

Yes!

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 23, 2019, 08:36:39 AM

It would be really interesting to see, how the weight of the new scale correlates with the weight of the old scale.  Knowing the deviations.  I have two scales, one measures in kg, the other measures in pounds, and I see close to 2 pounds of difference between the two!  Both sitting next to each other on a floor tiles with 18 x 18 inch tiles, which means, both are sitting on a 100% flat floor.  I don't know which one of them lies to me, or if both of them are liars?

The heaviest barbell I have is 25 lbs, and I don't even know if that is 100% correct.  This means, I always have to be a believer in technology!

And that what I go by, trending, and if clothing fits me, I am happy and know that I am on the right trak!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 23, 2019, 09:03:54 AM
It would be really interesting to see, how the weight of the new scale correlates with the weight of the old scale.  Knowing the deviations.  I have two scales, one measures in kg, the other measures in pounds, and I see close to 2 pounds of difference between the two!  Both sitting next to each other on a floor tiles with 18 x 18 inch tiles, which means, both are sitting on a 100% flat floor.  I don't know which one of them lies to me, or if both of them are liars?

The heaviest barbell I have is 25 lbs, and I don't even know if that is 100% correct.  This means, I always have to be a believer in technology!

And that what I go by, trending, and if clothing fits me, I am happy and know that I am on the right trak!

The old scale was saying err so sadly now it is err vs a weight so it went in the garbage.

At today's weigh in I was 197.9 pounds. This seems accurate enough because I tracked my weight through the evening and this morning again and it had the cycle of gain and loss from eating and drinking. I guess I can keep this scale. Furthermore I am super happy to be lighter today then I have been in a very long time.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 24, 2019, 08:02:32 AM
The old scale was saying err so sadly now it is err vs a weight so it went in the garbage.

At today's weigh in I was 197.9 pounds. This seems accurate enough because I tracked my weight through the evening and this morning again and it had the cycle of gain and loss from eating and drinking. I guess I can keep this scale. Furthermore I am super happy to be lighter today then I have been in a very long time.
You did it!
I am now officially the fat lady!  I did not move the sale for a fraction of an inch.  198 it is, and it seems not to change!  I must be redistributing bacon, because I had to make my watch band one notch tighter, and start to be able to wear pants size 12 and tops size 14.  I either am retaining a lot of water, or the weight must be in my feet or in my boobs (they don't look much bigger), or probably in my butt in places I can't see it?

Anyway, you did it!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 24, 2019, 08:26:57 AM
You did it!
I am now officially the fat lady!  I did not move the sale for a fraction of an inch.  198 it is, and it seems not to change!  I must be redistributing bacon, because I had to make my watch band one notch tighter, and start to be able to wear pants size 12 and tops size 14.  I either am retaining a lot of water, or the weight must be in my feet or in my boobs (they don't look much bigger), or probably in my butt in places I can't see it?

Anyway, you did it!

I took a picture in the office rest room and today was the first day I didn't look in the mirror with disgust at myself. I still have a ways to go but I am really seeing the progress now.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 24, 2019, 08:56:00 AM
I took a picture in the office rest room and today was the first day I didn't look in the mirror with disgust at myself. I still have a ways to go but I am really seeing the progress now.
Yesterday I bought a woman's swimsuit  (single piece one) for the first time in my life, and I tried it out last night.  I almost got a deadly shock when I looked at myself in the mirror, I think I look like a beached wale in that thing.  I need to loose those 20 pounds, because I don't like the beached wale look!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 24, 2019, 04:22:18 PM
Yesterday I bought a woman's swimsuit  (single piece one) for the first time in my life, and I tried it out last night.  I almost got a deadly shock when I looked at myself in the mirror, I think I look like a beached wale in that thing.  I need to loose those 20 pounds, because I don't like the beached wale look!

I haven't even tried mine on because I don't want to see it.

No weigh in for today. I have a stomach bug and am nauseous. I had to take a sick day. I ate a banana and had a bottle of water to help replace water lost from the runs and I am going back to bed. I'm feeling better now then I was feeling in the evening but I don't want to overdo it today and get worse. It sucks. :(

I bought some Campbell's chicken soup, apple sauce and bread. I also picked up packets of emergency-c immune+ with vitamin d dietary supplement. I got it instead of the gummy version to force me to drink more water.

Thanks a lot whoever came to work sick!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 25, 2019, 07:15:53 AM
I haven't even tried mine on because I don't want to see it.

No weigh in for today. I have a stomach bug and am nauseous. I had to take a sick day. I ate a banana and had a bottle of water to help replace water lost from the runs and I am going back to bed. I'm feeling better now then I was feeling in the evening but I don't want to overdo it today and get worse. It sucks. :(

I bought some Campbell's chicken soup, apple sauce and bread. I also picked up packets of emergency-c immune+ with vitamin d dietary supplement. I got it instead of the gummy version to force me to drink more water.

Thanks a lot whoever came to work sick!

Natalie,

I hope that you will feel better as the day goes on.

Chrissy
  •