Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Natalie’s Weight Log

Started by NatalieRene, December 15, 2018, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 25, 2019, 07:15:53 AM
I haven't even tried mine on because I don't want to see it.

No weigh in for today. I have a stomach bug and am nauseous. I had to take a sick day. I ate a banana and had a bottle of water to help replace water lost from the runs and I am going back to bed. I'm feeling better now then I was feeling in the evening but I don't want to overdo it today and get worse. It sucks. :(

I bought some Campbell's chicken soup, apple sauce and bread. I also picked up packets of emergency-c immune+ with vitamin d dietary supplement. I got it instead of the gummy version to force me to drink more water.

Thanks a lot whoever came to work sick!
Might not be a bug, but some mild version of food poisoning.  The CDC feels that most so called stomach bugs are cases of food poisonings in reality.
It may feel the same, because both are caused by bacteria.  "Starving" them out is the best remedy for it to avoid any medication.  If you can eat as little as possible as long as you feel sick, it might get you better faster and have weight loss as a side benefit!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Gertrude

If you don't eat enough and burn a lot, your body will break down. You shouldn't go more than a 20% calorie deficit. I used that with Keto and lost over 160lbs in 16 months. It was steady and almost predictable. I also only weighed myself 2x a week. I didn't exercise other than walk and hike, about 20 miles a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 25, 2019, 08:57:41 AM
Might not be a bug, but some mild version of food poisoning.  The CDC feels that most so called stomach bugs are cases of food poisonings in reality.
It may feel the same, because both are caused by bacteria.  "Starving" them out is the best remedy for it to avoid any medication.  If you can eat as little as possible as long as you feel sick, it might get you better faster and have weight loss as a side benefit!

It's od. I was fine in the morning when I got up and then through the day it just got worse and worse. It started after I filled my bottle up with water at the filtered water station. I think I am going to throw that water bottle out and for a few days keep to my own supply of water.

I went to bed at 2100 hours and woke up at 0100, 0300 and 0600 hours having to go. I just woke up around 1000 hours and I'm feeling much better. It's almost like my body was using the water that I have in me to flush me out because it is almost pure water coming out. I have been drinking one 16ml bottle every time I go to the bathroom so I don't dehydrate.

My appetite was gone yesterday but I forced my portion of rigatoni and peas down me along with one of vitamin supliment packets in a bottle of water. Right now though I have only had a banana and I feel hungry. I think I am going to have a piece of toast, a little apple sauce and some chicken soup.

Also I couldn't help myself I did step on the scale and I was at 197.3 pounds.

Whatever this bug or food poisoning was I think my body has kicked the crap out of it. I'm going to let my boss know I'm feeling better and that I will be doing some coding today from my apartment (just in case I'm contagious) so I don't have to take a full sick day.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Gertrude on January 25, 2019, 09:21:02 AM
If you don't eat enough and burn a lot, your body will break down. You shouldn't go more than a 20% calorie deficit. I used that with Keto and lost over 160lbs in 16 months. It was steady and almost predictable. I also only weighed myself 2x a week. I didn't exercise other than walk and hike, about 20 miles a week.

I don't think that I got sick from my diet. I had 1581, 1232 and 1501 calories over the last three days before yesterday. Not feeling well I still managed to eat 1206 calories but did no exercise so my calorie burn through the day was more normal with about 2374 calories burned according to my Apple Watch. I probably should have eaten a little more yesterday but it was difficult to keep food down and I did manage to avoid vomiting and got nearly my normal intake. I think that this is a stomach bug or food poisoning.

I'm thinking if I continue to feel better today I can do a very light walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and over the weekend. I'm going to lay it by ear and see how I am feeling.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 25, 2019, 10:18:58 AM
It's od. I was fine in the morning when I got up and then through the day it just got worse and worse. It started after I filled my bottle up with water at the filtered water station. I think I am going to throw that water bottle out and for a few days keep to my own supply of water.

I went to bed at 2100 hours and woke up at 0100, 0300 and 0600 hours having to go. I just woke up around 1000 hours and I'm feeling much better. It's almost like my body was using the water that I have in me to flush me out because it is almost pure water coming out. I have been drinking one 16ml bottle every time I go to the bathroom so I don't dehydrate.

My appetite was gone yesterday but I forced my portion of rigatoni and peas down me along with one of vitamin supliment packets in a bottle of water. Right now though I have only had a banana and I feel hungry. I think I am going to have a piece of toast, a little apple sauce and some chicken soup.

Whatever this bug or food poisoning was I think my body has kicked the crap out of it. I'm going to let my boss know I'm feeling better and that I will be doing some coding today from my apartment (just in case I'm contagious) so I don't have to take a full sick day.
It sounds very much like food poisoning to me! (after all, my speciality is infection control& prevention).  Water fountains, etc. are very notorious to bread any kind of crap in the lines and at the dispensing tab.  I bet you got it there.  And getting into the stomach that has the ideal temperature for multiplying human pathogens (basically a wet bath incubator), they started to have a hay day!  And you were at the wrong end of the party!

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 25, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Could be dehydration too. I would focus on calories in, calories out. Don't go more than 20% under and take vitamins. Also, make sure you're getting enough protein. Figure at least 1g per kg body weight for sure. The thing to watch out for too is catabolic response from overtraining and under nutrition. Slow and steady wins the race.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Gertrude on January 25, 2019, 11:25:20 AM
Slow and steady wins the race.

Yes, like I do it!  It seems like it is 1/2 pound or less a month!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 25, 2019, 11:01:22 AM
It sounds very much like food poisoning to me! (after all, my speciality is infection control& prevention).  Water fountains, etc. are very notorious to bread any kind of crap in the lines and at the dispensing tab.  I bet you got it there.  And getting into the stomach that has the ideal temperature for multiplying human pathogens (basically a wet bath incubator), they started to have a hay day!  And you were at the wrong end of the party!
They had a hay day but the white blood cells are in full effect with the riot gear taking charge now. I'm still umbilicaled to my bathroom but I'm no longer nauseous, I have my appetite  back and my energy level is coming back up. I very rarely get sick so for me to sick for 24 hours is an event.

Quote from: Gertrude on January 25, 2019, 11:25:20 AM
Could be dehydration too. I would focus on calories in, calories out. Don't go more than 20% under and take vitamins. Also, make sure you're getting enough protein. Figure at least 1g per kg body weight for sure. The thing to watch out for too is catabolic response from overtraining and under nutrition. Slow and steady wins the race.

I don't think I was dehydrated. I'm doing fine with the diet thank you. :)  I only drink water and I drink roughly 2 liters of water a day. Sometimes I don't get exactly that amount but a day here and there with 1.5 liters isn't going to dehydrate me just because I wasn't thirsty. I just got sick because something was in the water yesterday and it got me. It boils down to inconsiderate people that show up to work sick that thought they where hero's and they got others sick by spreading it. I think I'm going to keep to my own supply of water from here on out in order to avoid this contamination in the future.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 25, 2019, 12:12:10 PM
I think I'm going to keep to my own supply of water from here on out in order to avoid this contamination in the future.
That is what I do, at least my body is used to my own bacteria.  I never eat at a pot luck or the all American past time "bring a dish to pass", because I do not know what happened to the dish and it's contents prior to being passed on to me!

•  

Dena

Most of the time I am pretty sure my experience with the runs is caused by food poisoning however there was one time that it was some form of infection passed by some other method. Many people at the gun range were getting it on different days. My roommate and I got it on different days. Last but not least, we weren't eating gun club food or drinking gun club water so it had to come from human to human contact. It was a real nasty bug and put you out of it for about a day. You didn't want to do anything other than lay there and hope you could get some sleep.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Dena on January 25, 2019, 07:21:18 PM
Most of the time I am pretty sure my experience with the runs is caused by food poisoning however there was one time that it was some form of infection passed by some other method. Many people at the gun range were getting it on different days. My roommate and I got it on different days. Last but not least, we weren't eating gun club food or drinking gun club water so it had to come from human to human contact. It was a real nasty bug and put you out of it for about a day. You didn't want to do anything other than lay there and hope you could get some sleep.
Most people believe that you catch an infection through your mouth or your nose.  This is not the case.  The saliva in our mouth is a pretty good bactericidal agent, und protects us fro most common infections.  The typical route for an infection is through the eyes.  One touches a contaminated surface, and follows that with rubbing or itching a single or even both eyes.  Voila! You got it baby!
Another funny thing is, people don't tend to touch the door nobs of public bathrooms, but push against the wooden part of the door.  If the knob is metal, and is clean, it is pretty free of bacteria, because the fluent of the microorganism create an acid on most metal surface which in turn kills the bacteria.  While the door, consisting of a porous organic material is a pretty ideal breeding ground for any kind of pathogens!

That was it today for microbiology 101!

•  

Dena

Quote from: Dietlind on January 25, 2019, 08:14:29 PM
Another funny thing is, people don't tend to touch the door nobs of public bathrooms, but push against the wooden part of the door.  If the knob is metal, and is clean, it is pretty free of bacteria, because the fluent of the microorganism create an acid on most metal surface which in turn kills the bacteria.  While the door, consisting of a porous organic material is a pretty ideal breeding ground for any kind of pathogens!

Didn't even use the bathroom as we had our own in the motor home. The only contact we had with other people was through the money they handed us. When it was time to eat, we washed up because we had no clue where the money had been. On the other hand, I heard that money is antibacterial. The paper contains something to help prevent molding and the metal isn't a very happy place for bacteria to live. Something about a large number of metal ions.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Dena on January 25, 2019, 09:00:31 PM
Didn't even use the bathroom as we had our own in the motor home. The only contact we had with other people was through the money they handed us. When it was time to eat, we washed up because we had no clue where the money had been. On the other hand, I heard that money is antibacterial. The paper contains something to help prevent molding and the metal isn't a very happy place for bacteria to live. Something about a large number of metal ions.
But only if the money is clean!  As soons as it is dirty, and has remnant of organic substances on it, it becomes a breeding ground.

•  

Gertrude

Most people believe that you catch an infection through your mouth or your nose.  This is not the case.  The saliva in our mouth is a pretty good bactericidal agent, und protects us fro most common infections.  The typical route for an infection is through the eyes.  One touches a contaminated surface, and follows that with rubbing or itching a single or even both eyes.  Voila! You got it baby!

Farting passes germs too. Seriously. Worse in the olden days before hygiene and underwear.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Gertrude on January 25, 2019, 10:05:33 PM
Farting passes germs too. Seriously. Worse in the olden days before hygiene and underwear.

But most of those germs are not human pathogens, and they are not in any concentration that they could become a problem!  The uncomfortable stuff with farting is the methane gas, which smells pretty bad!

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: Dietlind on January 25, 2019, 11:08:09 PM
But most of those germs are not human pathogens, and they are not in any concentration that they could become a problem!  The uncomfortable stuff with farting is the methane gas, which smells pretty bad!

•  

Linde

Quote from: Gertrude on January 26, 2019, 06:25:08 AM

As I said, any pathogens are not present in a high enough concentration to cause any harm.  I do not expect people around me farting without wearing any underwear (I do not tend to frequent nudist colonies).

•  

NatalieRene

Our office bathroom doors have the handle on the outside and the push on the inside.

So there is good news and bad news (depending on ones perspective)

The bad news first. I feel great so obviously last night my body finished eradicating wither little microbe  jerk cost me a PTO/sick day wasted in misery and sleep. I tried to code some yesterday just to help take my mind off things and my boss yelled (in a nice way) go back to bed and rest, because we have to keep Microsoft Teams on all the time and my green icon outed me.

Now for the good news. Even sick I managed to eat ~980 calories worth of very bland food. Let me tell you it wasn't easy because I thought I was going to throw up many times but thankfully I didn't. I had three slices of Pepridge Farms 15 Grain wheat bread with butter, two bananas, about a cup of Cinnamon Apple Sauce, half of the Campbells Chicken soup from the classic condensed can, one nutri-grain Bar mixed berry and a Kellogs Pastry crisp strawberry (just one I couldn't eat the second).

This morning I had a mixed berry nutri-grain bar, 4 scrambled eggs with ketchup, 266.25ml of fruit punch gatorade (3/4 of the bottle).  The only thing hard about eating this morning was not licking the bowl of eggs. I am much better then yesterday. I think I will walk a little bit on the treadmill if I continue to feel well but very lightly, just to keep in the routine of going there and walking

Oh and through it all I drank enough fluids yesterday that despite it all I still only lost a fraction of a pound and was 196.7 pounds today.  I lost a lot of water yesterday and I drank almost half of a 24 pack of dasani bottled water. Thank goodness 24 packs of water don't cost anywhere near as much as pop/soda/coke/cafinated-carbinated-cough syrup :icon_blah:.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 26, 2019, 08:24:53 AM
I drank almost half of a 24 pack of dasani bottled water. Thank goodness 24 packs of water don't cost anywhere near as much as pop/soda/coke/cafinated-carbinated-cough syrup :icon_blah:.
You have a lot of water weight now, and that has to go away.  You will be wak for a while, because your body was not able to absorb any nutrition from your food, if that does not stay long enough in your guts.  But weight loss is not instantaneous, because you did not move much.  Give it some time until you are back to "normal", and than judge what your wight is.
Anyway, whatever it is, you beat me now for good, because I have the feeling that I am loosing an ounce per month now. But to be honest, I am not working hard on it, because I do not have to impress any boy or girl friend with the looks of my body.  I just have to be ready for the beach, to not look like a wale who was stranded there!

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: Dietlind on January 26, 2019, 07:08:26 AM
As I said, any pathogens are not present in a high enough concentration to cause any harm.  I do not expect people around me farting without wearing any underwear (I do not tend to frequent nudist colonies).

My point is that it can be a vector and at one time it probably was much more of a problem.
  •