Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Natalie’s Weight Log

Started by NatalieRene, December 15, 2018, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SusanL

Sounds like you are making really good progress natalie. Keep up the good work and you will get there.   ;)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@NatalieRene
Dear Natalie:
Wow-Whee ......
You are making such good progress with your weight loss...  please keep on keeping on and I will be eagerly looking for more of your progress reports as you continue toward your goal.

Many hugs and my best wishes to you.
Danielle

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 07, 2019, 06:13:01 PM
Sorry about the lack of weigh ins. I have been very swamped at work and sore so I have not weighed in until now. However now I am over the moon because when I weighed in I was 183.8 pounds! This is also not my normal time for weighing in s so I'm probably heavier now then I was in the morning so yay!
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

NatalieRene

Thank you.

Yesterday I was at Potbelly and the manager snuck a moment to talk with me and he said he could really see the weight loss and was congratulating me. It made me happy that it's noticeable because while the weight is going down I still feel fat. I just have to keep at it.

Today when I weighed in earlier around 7am I was 183.4 pounds. Still a long ways to go but getting closer.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Natalie,

Congratulations on your continued progress.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NatalieRene

182.9! Yes I'm under 183 pounds.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 12, 2019, 09:17:01 AM
182.9! Yes I'm under 183 pounds.
@NatalieRene
Dear Natalie:
Wowzers!!!!   
You are now under 183 pounds. :) :o

It was just 3 weeks ago on February 15th that you finally got below 190 pounds!!!
7 pound weight loss in just a few weeks!!!   You go, girl. 

Fantastic weight loss progress....
Kudos to you.
Stay focused and stay determined!!

Thank you sharing!!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 12, 2019, 09:23:40 AM
@NatalieRene
Dear Natalie:
Wowzers!!!!   
You are now under 183 pounds. :) :o

It was just 3 weeks ago on February 15th that you finally got below 190 pounds!!!
7 pound weight loss in just a few weeks!!!   You go, girl. 

Fantastic weight loss progress....
Kudos to you.
Stay focused and stay determined!!

Thank you sharing!!
Hugs,
Danielle

The best part is I still was able to partake in the office pizza party and had some thin crust pepperoni pizza with red pepper on it. It was so good.
  •  

SusanL

WTG Natalie!!!!!! You have made very good progress!!!! Keep it up my friend!!!!!!! Susan ;)
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Congrats Natalie !! you're getting there

Hugs

Cynthia -
  •  

NatalieRene

Thanks everyone. Sometimes it feels like it is happening at a glacier's pace. I suppose I should be grateful. Like today I lost .4 pounds and weighed in at 182.5 pounds but I really want to be at my target weight now.

The one thing that has been helping is looking at the monthly averages so I can gauge where I could be if I keep on track. In November my average was 221.93 pounds. That is 39.43 pounds heavier then now. If I look at things like that it helps but still.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 13, 2019, 07:32:14 AM
Thanks everyone. Sometimes it feels like it is happening at a glacier's pace. I suppose I should be grateful. Like today I lost .4 pounds and weighed in at 182.5 pounds but I really want to be at my target weight now.

The one thing that has been helping is looking at the monthly averages so I can gauge where I could be if I keep on track. In November my average was 221.93 pounds. That is 39.43 pounds heavier then now. If I look at things like that it helps but still.
If you continue like this, pretty soon you need to hop in the shower around in order to get wet!  >:-)

You are doing great girl!  Still admire your strength in doing this!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Please keep up your great work!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Karen_A

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 13, 2019, 07:32:14 AM

The lower you get the slower the weight loss will be...Unfortunate but usually true.

How did you decide on a target weight? BMI?

That is what I find difficult to decide on for myself... but I have some special challenges... Many years ago before starting HRT I was a hair under 6ft... but I have scoliosis so if my spine had been straight I would have been a bit taller... but over the years I have shrunk down to 5'7" due to age and other spinal issues...

Right now I'm about 180lb (at one time years ago i was 370lbs - more recently in the 230-250lbs range ) and want to lose more ... So all that taken together  (and the fact that I have a big frame) leaves no idea on what  the lowest healthy weight I should shoot for would be ... Right now I weigh less than in High School!

So how did you choose your goal?

- karen

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on March 13, 2019, 08:35:17 AM
If you continue like this, pretty soon you need to hop in the shower around in order to get wet!  >:-)

You are doing great girl!  Still admire your strength in doing this!

I can assure you I still need an umbrella outside when it is raining but thanks. :D

I don't know if it is strength or sheer stubbornness that got me this far. I know that friends and family have told me that I'm getting older just accept it, there is not anything I could do about it.

I didn't accept that and said no I can do this but that doesn't make it easy.

Quote from: Karen_A on March 13, 2019, 09:03:43 PM
The lower you get the slower the weight loss will be...Unfortunate but usually true.

How did you decide on a target weight? BMI?

That is what I find difficult to decide on for myself... but I have some special challenges... Many years ago before starting HRT I was a hair under 6ft... but I have scoliosis so if my spine had been straight I would have been a bit taller... but over the years I have shrunk down to 5'7" due to age and other spinal issues...

Right now I'm about 180lb (at one time years ago i was 370lbs - more recently in the 230-250lbs range ) and want to lose more ... So all that taken together  (and the fact that I have a big frame) leaves no idea on what  the lowest healthy weight I should shoot for would be ... Right now I weigh less than in High School!

So how did you choose your goal?

- karen

It makes sense because there is less and less fat left to burn and the body starts getting stingy. it's probably also like building muscle. I have found I have to increase my walking, jogging and yoga to keep the same rate or at least most of the rate of burn going. I've gone from 15 pounds a month down to around 9. However now that it is getting warm in Texas and it is past day lights savings time I can actually go for walks after work and amp up my exercise.

I picked the goal of roughly 140 pounds because before when I was transitioning I was roughly 145 to 150 pounds and even then I could have stood to lose a bit of weight. Plus at 140 pounds I would be roughly 20BMI. What I really am hoping to get down to is 135 pounds which would be roughly 19.1 BMI but I'm going to take the approach of when I don't have a gut anymore I will be satisfied and until then I'll keep purging body fat.

To give you an idea of me at 145 pounds.

I'm still not totally happy with my self image right now because I still feel fat and I am in desperate need to get to the salon but money has been short while in the process of getting moved from Virginia to Texas and I'm paying for two places.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Natalie,

Keep progressing towards your goal.  You can make it.    :)

Chrissy
  •  

NatalieRene

It has been a tough second half of the week and over the course of three or so days I have lost a grand total of .1 pounds. :( I guess a loss of weight is a loss of weight but dang. My caloric intake has been roughly 1000 to 1100 a day and I have been burning 2800+ calories a day. I should be losing weight. The only thing I can figure is I am retaining water.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 16, 2019, 12:47:55 PM
It has been a tough second half of the week and over the course of three or so days I have lost a grand total of .1 pounds. :( I guess a loss of weight is a loss of weight but dang. My caloric intake has been roughly 1000 to 1100 a day and I have been burning 2800+ calories a day. I should be losing weight. The only thing I can figure is I am retaining water.
@NatalieRene
Dear Natalie:
The good news is that at least you did not gain any weight.... ;)

In my past weight loss efforts at the start of my transitioning I experienced a few "weight loss plateaus" that no matter what I did for exercise, even if I starved myself, the weight would not come off.... 
I have always heard that it can be because your body has reduced it's normal metabolism and is burning less calories.

I found that if I kept keeping on with what I was doing that finally the weight started coming off again.
Stay determined and focused!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

ChrissyRyan

Your weight loss will progress.  Keep at it.

Chrissy

•  

Jessica_K

I have been stuck for a couple of weeks now just bouncing up and down around the 160lbs going down to 158 and back up to 162 grr

Going to commiserate with a Marco Italian and a glass of wine and darn the calories

Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

NatalieRene

Don't give up Jessica. The trick is sticking to it.

I think I broke through my plateau. I weighed in this morning at 181.9 pounds. So I'm officially no longer over 182 pounds!

Interesting enough I discovered a young persons group for twenty something trans people in the Dallas area. Too bad I'm in my late thirties. :/
  •