Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Natalie’s Weight Log

Started by NatalieRene, December 15, 2018, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatalieRene

•  

Jessica_K

Go girl Go. Routing for you Natalie.  :eusa_clap:

My weight is starting to shift again yay, 156lbs today, so want to get below tthe magic 154 (11st) then only 6lbs to no longer officially "overweight"

Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

NatalieRene

You're very close to you goal Jessica. You can do it!

I weighed in this morning earlier and I was 179.7 pounds! I'm a little further from my goal then you but I'm edging in bit by bit. I have ~39.7 pounds to go. Since starting on my weight loss journey I have lost 56.7 pounds over the course of just about five months.
  •  

Jessica_K

You are aiming a little lower than me 140lbs? I'm looking for 146lbs. I started at 217lbs back in October so 61Lbs in 6months. But the last 10lbs has been very slow and I guess the next 8 will be even slower. I am pretty much in a routine now and I do not have any target date other than perhaps around October so hopefully I will get there by then

Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Jessica_K on March 24, 2019, 12:26:34 PM
You are aiming a little lower than me 140lbs? I'm looking for 146lbs. I started at 217lbs back in October so 61Lbs in 6months. But the last 10lbs has been very slow and I guess the next 8 will be even slower. I am pretty much in a routine now and I do not have any target date other than perhaps around October so hopefully I will get there by then

Jessica

Yes my goal is roughly 140 pounds. That will put me at roughly 20.7 BMI.

The weight loss has been slowing down for me too. I think it is because I'm eating what I'm eating and my body simply needs less calories to maintain itself because there is less mass to maintain. So to continue to lose weight at the same rate I would have to further decrease my intake. However doing so would be dangerous as I'm already at the minimum intake to be able to get all my vitamins and enough protein to stay healthy and I don't want to burn what little muscle I have.

So the weight loss will simply stop when I reach parity at where I need to be. Which works out because that means once I reach that weight goal I don't have to do anything to maintain except keep on keeping on.  ;D
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 24, 2019, 10:46:47 AM

I weighed in this morning earlier and I was 179.7 pounds!
I'm a little further from my goal then you but I'm edging in bit by bit. I have ~39.7 pounds to go. Since starting on my weight loss journey I have lost 56.7 pounds over the course of just about five months.

@NatalieRene
Dear Natalie:
Right on schedule...  Under 180 pounds!
           CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU
Keep on keeping on, you are doing great!!
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 24, 2019, 10:46:47 AM

I weighed in this morning earlier and I was 179.7 pounds! I'm a little further from my goal then you but I'm edging in bit by bit. I have ~39.7 pounds to go. Since starting on my weight loss journey I have lost 56.7 pounds over the course of just about five months.

Natalie,

Yay!  That is great!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Maid Marion

Hi Natalie!  Congratulations! 

Marion
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica_K on March 24, 2019, 12:26:34 PM

Jessica
@Jessica_K
Dear Jessica:
Wow... certainly a wonderful and steady weight loss at a not too fast rate of about 10 pounds per month, very similar the weight loss rate that  @NatalieRene  is achieving.

Sometimes near the middle and especially near the end of many weight loss endeavors when nearing the goal weight, stubborn and discouraging plateaus might possibly get in your way, just keep doing what you have been doing even if the weight loss significantly slows down... soon enough you can break through the plateau....   keep on keeping on!!!!

I will be eagerly following yours and Natalie's progress...
Wishing both of you well,
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

NatalieRene

Great news, today I weighed in at 179 pounds. Tomorrow I'm sure I will be in the 178.x range. I'm elated. That's a loss of 7.9 pounds so far this month with about a month. My guess is probably this month I'm looking at losing 9 pounds. That is not bad for getting down to the hard to lose pounds.

One of my tricks for getting my body to burn calories is when it starts to go into a conserve calories mode I give it a juicy bacon cheese burger and fries. Health wise it is a horrible meal. But my body goes oh happy times are hear and if I keep my exercise up and go back to my normal diet the body happily burns more calories faster. It's like dropping fuel in the fire. That and I only drink water and I try to drink roughly 60ml a day. The body needs hydration to burn calories.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@NatalieRene
Dear Natalie:
I am rejoicing with you ... 179 pounds ! ... and wonderful accomplishment for sure.

Hmmm, a typo I am certain:  I am hoping that you drink more than 60ml a day...
... that is only 2 ounces or 1/4  Cup ....    I am thinking that you meant 6 liters (a little over 6 quarts) perhaps which sounds closer to the right amount of good hydration.

Keep the reports coming....  I am rooting for you.
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 26, 2019, 08:01:44 AM
Great news, today I weighed in at 179 pounds. Tomorrow I'm sure I will be in the 178.x range. I'm elated. That's a loss of 7.9 pounds so far this month with about a month. My guess is probably this month I'm looking at losing 9 pounds. That is not bad for getting down to the hard to lose pounds.

One of my tricks for getting my body to burn calories is when it starts to go into a conserve calories mode I give it a juicy bacon cheese burger and fries. Health wise it is a horrible meal. But my body goes oh happy times are hear and if I keep my exercise up and go back to my normal diet the body happily burns more calories faster. It's like dropping fuel in the fire. That and I only drink water and I try to drink roughly 60ml a day. The body needs hydration to burn calories.

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 26, 2019, 11:33:29 AM
@NatalieRene
Dear Natalie:
I am rejoicing with you ... 179 pounds ! ... and wonderful accomplishment for sure.

Hmmm, a typo I am certain:  I am hoping that you drink more than 60ml a day...
... that is only 2 ounces or 1/4  Cup ....    I am thinking that you meant 6 liters (a little over 6 quarts) perhaps which sounds closer to the right amount of good hydration.

Keep the reports coming....  I am rooting for you.
Hugs,
Danielle

Oh yeah. I was half distracted writing that post I was thinking fluid ounces and wrote ml. That would be closer to 2000ml of water or four 500ml bottles of water in a day.

•  

Maid Marion

•  

JanePlain

I've been trying to change the 2 in 2xx lbs to a 1.  I'm on the cusp.  some mornnings I am at the 199 or less but I'm still long term determined to get it to 175 again.
  •  

LizK

Congratulations you have done so well.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

NatalieRene

Thank you everyone. Today I weighed in at 178.7 pounds so now I am officially under 179 pounds.

Quote from: JanePlain on March 27, 2019, 02:52:18 AM
I've been trying to change the 2 in 2xx lbs to a 1.  I'm on the cusp.  some mornnings I am at the 199 or less but I'm still long term determined to get it to 175 again.

If you're serious you just need to give up chips, sweets, pop and snacks and eat better food with moderate portion control. A good diet (not the losing weight diet, remember this is a permanent life style change not temporary) and exercise will help the weight fall off.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 27, 2019, 08:26:05 AM
Thank you everyone. Today I weighed in at 178.7 pounds so now I am officially under 179 pounds.

If you're serious you just need to give up chips, sweets, pop and snacks and eat better food with moderate portion control. A good diet (not the losing weight diet, remember this is a permanent life style change not temporary) and exercise will help the weight fall off.
I am on my second day of a slightly modified Atkins die now!  Want to se if that will do the trick!  I did it years ago to initiate my big weight loss, it worked well for me!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on March 27, 2019, 08:27:57 AM
I am on my second day of a slightly modified Atkins die now!  Want to se if that will do the trick!  I did it years ago to initiate my big weight loss, it worked well for me!

You can do it. ;D
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 27, 2019, 09:37:20 AM
You can do it. ;D
I hope so!  But I am not as determined as you are!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Dietlind on March 27, 2019, 02:08:04 PM
I hope so!  But I am not as determined as you are!
@Dietlind   @NatalieRene   @LizK   @JanePlain  and others
My Dear Friends:
I am know that you are quite aware of this, but when you can see continued progress in your weight loss, even if it is a small daily or weekly loss, you are going in the right direction and that gives you lots of motivation to continue on.

Hitting plateaus in weight loss efforts can be so discouraging but one needs keep on keeping on with diet, portion control and exercise to get past the plateau.

All of this takes a lot of willpower and determination... and as the weight comes off there is great excitement, incentive and inspiration to get to the goal.

Best of luck to all of you that are seeking to lose unwanted weight.
I will be eagerly looking for your progress reports as you feel led to post them.

Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle

•