Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Natalie’s Weight Log

Started by NatalieRene, December 15, 2018, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on April 02, 2019, 09:50:31 AM
No news to report today because my crappy scales said I weighed more then I weighed last night. Unless while I was sleeping I left my apartment and ate a metric ton of food the scale I'm using is an absolute price of junk.

Needless to say today started off on the wrong foot and the other aspects today have been just as bad. I just want to go back to bed.
I see in you the future owner of a balance beam scale.  Should have bought it when we recommended it to you, but you wanted to waste your money on the fancy electronic stuff!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on April 02, 2019, 08:02:44 PM
I see in you the future owner of a balance beam scale.  Should have bought it when we recommended it to you, but you wanted to waste your money on the fancy electronic stuff!

Yeah but I didn't have $300 to spend at the time. Now I just hate my scale.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on April 03, 2019, 10:54:12 AM
Yeah but I didn't have $300 to spend at the time. Now I just hate my scale.
I wonder if you could find one on Craigs list or Ebay for less money? Or you can do it like I do, use two medium priced digital once successively, and average their results (I use the one from my guest bathroom and the one from my bathroom to do that).  This might be still not as accurate as a balance beam one, but I do not go by those little amounts as you do anyway, and I weigh only once in a week.  I am also more interested in my waist line than in my absolute weight.

•  

NatalieRene

I think I am going to have to buy a scale. The one I had exploded into a million pieces a few days ago when I stepped onto it. It was very depressing because it made me feel like I was a metric ton.

I have a Wii Fit U so I used it to measure me and it says I'm just under 180 which is super double depressing. The only good news is that my waistline is down to 39.5 inches so I know that I am still losing weight. I need to just get a beam scale when I have the money. If the wii fit U can at least help me see the downward trend I'll be content for now.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on April 07, 2019, 10:07:51 AM
I think I am going to have to buy a scale. The one I had exploded into a million pieces a few days ago when I stepped onto it. It was very depressing because it made me feel like I was a metric ton.

I have a Wii Fit U so I used it to measure me and it says I'm just under 180 which is super double depressing. The only good news is that my waistline is down to 39.5 inches so I know that I am still losing weight. I need to just get a beam scale when I have the money. If the wii fit U can at least help me see the downward trend I'll be content for now.
I think waist is more important than anything else!  You have boobs, you have hips, and you just need to pronounce the feminin features of your body,  I think a waist is exactly doing this, to make a clear cut between boobs and hips!

Tat is what I am going for, I think my still pretty much absent waist does make clothing look blah on me  And that is actually the only clear area o my body that I need to loose weight at!

I have no clue what a Wii Fit U is, but I am sure I don't have one.  I use the two scale system I have, and it seems to work OK.
My waist is 43", and I am sure not happy with that!

•  

NatalieRene

Wii U is an old console. Wii Fit is just a bunch of mini games designed to get you to move. It's mildly entertaining. The balance board can be used as a digital scale. My waist is officially less of a diameter then my waist but it still isn't flattering. Although my wait line is much improved. My waist was up there too before I started losing weight.

I'm hoping that my waist will be down to 30 inches before the summer is over this year.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

You are making wonderful progress.

Keep it up.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NatalieRene

After my week of training and good food I weighed in this morning at 8AM at 175.2 pounds. So it seems I managed to lose a little bit of weight over the course of the week and am very happy.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Very nice Natalie  :) you can break through that plateau...

Keep it up !!

C -
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on April 12, 2019, 08:54:08 AM
Very nice Natalie  :) you can break through that plateau...

Keep it up !!

C -

Thanks.

In a long twist of events related to Delta being crap. I had to drive from Delaware to Virginia yesterday to get to a flight that replaces the flight from Bradley that was canceled yesterday. I had to pay the rental myself. But I got to head back to my place in Virginia for a day and see my boyfriend. I fly back to Texas later today.

My boyfriend, and people I knew at training where all shocked to see how much weight I have lost. It felt good.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on April 12, 2019, 08:41:31 AM
After my week of training and good food I weighed in this morning at 8AM at 175.2 pounds. So it seems I managed to lose a little bit of weight over the course of the week and am very happy.
I was at Costco yesterday and found a weight Watchers scale there for about $20.  It looks very well done, and tares it self out each time prior to measuring.  I bought it, and compared it to my known pretty accurate scale.  It is consistently about 1/2 pound less than my good one.  As long as it is consistent, I don't care!

You might want to take a look at this scale, low cost and pretty good!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on April 12, 2019, 09:54:10 AM
I was at Costco yesterday and found a weight Watchers scale there for about $20.  It looks very well done, and tares it self out each time prior to measuring.  I bought it, and compared it to my known pretty accurate scale.  It is consistently about 1/2 pound less than my good one.  As long as it is consistent, I don't care!

You might want to take a look at this scale, low cost and pretty good!

Is it made out of glass. If so that was probably the one that blew up and sent glass all over my apartment.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on April 12, 2019, 10:00:00 AM
Is it made out of glass. If so that was probably the one that blew up and sent glass all over my apartment.
Yes it is, but it has pretty wide solid none glass edges containing the batteries and the pressure sensors. And of course the Costco advantage, you can return it at any time without any reason!

•  

NatalieRene

If it has the white in clear with a vertical ww and a biggish lcd then that is the one I had and it broke from normal usage. I'd rather not get another one of them.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on April 12, 2019, 03:12:12 PM
If it has the white in clear with a vertical ww and a biggish lcd then that is the one I had and it broke from normal usage. I'd rather not get another one of them.
Here  I sit with the scale on my legs.  A roughly 5/8" thick glass plate is sitting on top of a silver colored fame,  The top side of the frame is pretty wide and contains the back lit display, which shines through the glass.  A small WW is silkscreen printed at the bottom of the glass plate.  Te batteries are in the right side underside of the frame.  The frame has 4 feet that are the pressure sensors.

There is no hole in the glass plate to accommodate anything, it is a solid plate sitting on top of the frame.

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on April 12, 2019, 03:25:54 PM
Here  I sit with the scale on my legs.  A roughly 5/8" thick glass plate is sitting on top of a silver colored fame,  The top side of the frame is pretty wide and contains the back lit display, which shines through the glass.  A small WW is silkscreen printed at the bottom of the glass plate.  Te batteries are in the right side underside of the frame.  The frame has 4 feet that are the pressure sensors.

There is no hole in the glass plate to accommodate anything, it is a solid plate sitting on top of the frame.

All the same that sounds like the one that shattered into tiny fragments of safety glass all over my apartment. This happened while I was barefoot and it thankfully on cut me in a few places but I'll never use a glass scale ever again.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: NatalieRene on April 12, 2019, 09:17:15 AM
Thanks.

In a long twist of events related to Delta being crap. I had to drive from Delaware to Virginia yesterday to get to a flight that replaces the flight from Bradley that was canceled yesterday. I had to pay the rental myself. But I got to head back to my place in Virginia for a day and see my boyfriend. I fly back to Texas later today.

My boyfriend, and people I knew at training where all shocked to see how much weight I have lost. It felt good.

Sometimes life's unplanned detours lead to pleasant surprises or happenings, such as you being able to spend time with your boyfriend.   :)

Keep your weight loss up!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NatalieRene

That was a nice consolation getting to have a night together. I also got to see our dogs and get some perspective on the pod we have I the driveway. I'll be back there in three weeks to finalize getting everything out of my office and packed up and then we all come back out in our truck back over to here and cram into my tiny crappy apartment for a few months until either the lease is up and we get a better apartment (because we would need a larger unit with better pet amenities and less crowded parking because the truck is actually worth something as compared to my Cruze) or rent a house if our house sells before this lease is up.

If I get enough of a raise we might just rent the house anyways. Then if we like the area after living here for a year we'll buy a nice place of our own in the area in a year or two.

On the weight loss front the Wii Fit U said I was in the 177 pound range. I'm not upset though because it is a different scale then the other one and it did show that I lost 1.8 pounds over the course of the last five days so that is quite good. I measured my waist and I was down to 39 inches so I am doing great.
  •  

NatalieRene

It has been a little over a week since my last update but I have good news. I don't have a scale in my apartment yet because my previous one broke and I ordered one on Amazon and I am waiting on it to arrive. In the mean time I used my Wii Fit U to weigh in. It's scale is different then the previous one I measured from so the number is higher and it says I'm 177.2 pounds right now but it also says that I have lost 1.8 pounds over the course of the last week.

I know I didn't gain weight and my waist is a smidgeon under 39 inches now so I'll take that weight number with a grain of salt and simply interrupt it as I have lost a little over a pound this past week.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Sounds good Natalie!

Chrissy
  •