Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What style of pizza and crust do you prefer?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 20, 2019, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Gertrude on January 24, 2019, 04:21:59 PM
yeah, it's still on the Rhine though, but they came here a long time ago. Last name is See, which mean Sea, I think. Johan Martin See, born in 1720.
Yes, it is at the Rhine, but we seperate the Rhine into three distinctive areas. It is the Oberrhein (upper Rhine), in the running along the Black Forest and some other mountainous areas, the next is the Mittelrhein (middle Rhine) the area it runs through are lower mountains, and that is he classic wine area, and after that we have the Niederrhein (the lower Rhine), starting about at Cologne and going all the way into the Netherlands.  I was born and raised on the left lower Rhein side.  This means the west side of the river.  Your family is also from the left side.  The left side was always considered the better side of the river.  I don't know why, but Linksrheinisch was always a more desired location! 
A better translation for See would be Lake.  Wich means, the family must have lived at a lake during the times Charlemagne established family names in his empire!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 24, 2019, 11:48:06 AM
Most pizzas are round, likely because the flour crust was often hand tossed to get stretched out.

When was the last time that you bought a whole square or rectangular pizza?  Other than at a school cafeteria, these shaped pizzas seem to be mostly for deep dish style pizzas.

Chrissy
PizzaExpress in the Uk does a rectangler pizza very thin crust it is one of my favourites, they hand stretch their pizzas but I have not watched them do the rectangular one

Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: Dietlind on January 24, 2019, 04:46:48 PM
Yes, it is at the Rhine, but we seperate the Rhine into three distinctive areas. It is the Oberrhein (upper Rhine), in the running along the Black Forest and some other mountainous areas, the next is the Mittelrhein (middle Rhine) the area it runs through are lower mountains, and that is he classic wine area, and after that we have the Niederrhein (the lower Rhine), starting about at Cologne and going all the way into the Netherlands.  I was born and raised on the left lower Rhein side.  This means the west side of the river.  Your family is also from the left side.  The left side was always considered the better side of the river.  I don't know why, but Linksrheinisch was always a more desired location! 
A better translation for See would be Lake.  Wich means, the family must have lived at a lake during the times Charlemagne established family names in his empire!
Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •