Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

If there were a pill available to remove dysphoria would you take it?

Started by BeckyCNJ, December 16, 2018, 01:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maid Marion

Same here.  No dysphoria here.  Though if I could have Star Wars Jedi like powers to change weak minds around me, well that would be something different entirely!   ;D
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Maid Marion on December 29, 2018, 12:04:57 PM
Same here.  No dysphoria here. 
I don't think I have "real" dysphoria either, just that little bit with my still short hair and my voice, but time will take care of it.  On the other hand, my psychologist feels that I am stuffed with dysphoria up to the very top.  She feels that one of the big dysphorias of mine is the constant mourning for my body that I feel I lost when it was altered after my birth.  And she thinks my gender fluency is also part of my dysphoria, because I am afraid to give up the roll I learned so well over the years.
I don't see it as dysphoria, it is just part of my life.  But then again, how would one specify dysphoria?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Astxl

It already exists, and it's called hormone replacement therapy, PERIOD.
  •  

Joanne ONeal

Yes, I started low dose E patches 4 weeks ago. Dysphoria gone! 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

No, not if you mean a pill to make me cis instead of mtf.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 28, 2019, 10:31:01 AM
No, not if you mean a pill to make me cis instead of mtf.

Chrissy
How about making you cis female?  With all the parts required?

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on January 28, 2019, 10:56:11 AM

I would take that one - not because of internal transphobia, but because of less hassle.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 28, 2019, 11:33:48 AM

I would take that one - not because of internal transphobia, but because of less hassle.

Chrissy
Yes, it would safe some surgeries, but it comes with hot flashes!  You can't win them all!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on January 28, 2019, 12:37:45 PM
Yes, it would safe some surgeries, but it comes with hot flashes!  You can't win them all!

I will find that to be acceptable.

Chrissy
  •  

Faith

I've skimmed this topic a few times. Taking the subject to mean that I'm still transgender, still a woman with a male body .. No, I would not want the pill.

Yes the stresses would be alleviated, lots or all of the depression gone .. however .. without the dysphoria I'd still be him, I'd not push myself to resolve the conflict since there isn't one.

I chose me
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 28, 2019, 10:56:11 AM
I would take that pill because my mind is female but I would have to see this demonstrated first before taking it to make sure it wasn't a trick.
  •  

Jen61

•  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 03, 2019, 09:54:10 AM
I would take that pill because my mind is female but I would have to see this demonstrated first before taking it to make sure it wasn't a trick.
I would take it first, and you could watch me!   I am so sick and tired of not knowing who I am!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on February 03, 2019, 11:04:58 AM
I would take it first, and you could watch me!   I am so sick and tired of not knowing who I am!
Ok but if you walk off burp talking about sports and doing chest bumps I'm out.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 03, 2019, 11:15:13 AM
Ok but if you walk off burp talking about sports and doing chest bumps I'm out.
I hope not, because if I still would have boobs, it would hurt to much pounding them!

•  

Michelle_P

A. If the pill reconstructed my body to match my brain, that is, it granted me a fully female body, I would take it of course.

B. If the pill reconstructed my brain to match my original body, I am sure that:
1) The pill would be fully approved by the Western European cultural patriarchy and religious groups
2) There is a fair chance it would be mandatory in this country
3) It would be suicide, effectively death of personality, wiping my mind and all that I am in favor of some construct that would make others slightly less uncomfortable with me.

As it stands, I took Option A, a pill and treatment to bring my body into alignment with my brain.  Alas, not a single pill, but years of pills, several surgeries, and considerable physical conditioning  and rehab efforts were needed.  It does work, though.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Anne Blake

It has taken me all my life to find out who I am and to find joy in knowing myself. To give that up seems very very wrong and painful. For some reason it brings to mind the book, "Flowers for Algernon". Not a path that I would ever want to travel.

Tia Anne
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Margarine

If only it included time travel... A bit late for it now. I finally like me!
  •