Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

If there were a pill available to remove dysphoria would you take it?

Started by BeckyCNJ, December 16, 2018, 01:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janes Groove

I'm glad things are getting better.

I predict you WILL change your mind.  I think you are going thru the 5 stages of grief.  Eventually you will get to acceptance.  A world of light and many good things await you.  It's all a gift.

•  

Tribble

Quote from: Janes Groove on April 29, 2019, 09:19:20 PM
I'm glad things are getting better.

I predict you WILL change your mind.  I think you are going thru the 5 stages of grief.  Eventually you will get to acceptance.  A world of light and many good things await you.  It's all a gift.

With the support of the people around me now, I suspect you may just be right. :)

I have a good feeling my cycle of transitioning and detransitioning is coming to an end.
2003-2004 -- Gradual transition -- I didn't correct pronouns and people basically settled on the right ones on their own.
late 2004 -- Orchiectomy.
Late 2015 -- Stupidly saw the political climate and spurned on by my husband's request for a divorce I detransitioned.
2019 -- Rebuilding my wardrobe so I can retransition.  Turns out I cain't bury my true self, after all.  I call these last few years my failed experiment.  At least I found my true feelings were real.
  •  

NancyBalik

YES. — My gender dysphoria has been the biggest struggle in my marriage. Unfortunately, I know that my partner's love for me is qualified with "except for ...." On bad days my love for myself is qualified with the same exception. Life would be simpler if I was satisfied being a man rather than feeling this constant longing to be someone else. Nancy
  •  

Ricki Wright

Nope. Keep your red and blue pills.

Since I got reunited with myself, I am whole, I am happier, and I am a much better person as a trans women than I EVER hoped to be as a person trying to be cis male. Read my story below for the full version. I have been told it was funny and heartbreaking at the same time.

Do I have days with doubts? Rarely, but they happen sometimes. Thank goodness for therapists! She reminded me that trans Trenders do not have the feelings I do week over week, and rarely do HRT for longer than a few weeks, or multiple sessions with an electrologist.

I like the whole me more than the offer to be a completely ignorant old me. Eventually I will rearrange parts I have into the parts I want and grow the rest. In 30 years passing won't be a thing because old people of both sexes are all just a pile of wrinkles laughing at what young people think is important.

Side note: check youtube for the 99 year old transgender war veteran if you have not seen it. There is a woman who took one for the team and still managed to live the rest of her life as herself. We all should be so lucky.

-----------------------------Line in Sand----------------------------------

Hugs!

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Susannah

I am not sure.  My desires to be female date back to grade school and do not know any other way.  I would not know how to deal without dysphoria.  I know this is strange answer. 

Are you still around Becky?  I have not seen you for a long time. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

traciknight

Can't say a pill did it, but an Estradiol patch worked wonders on relieving most of my dysphoria and depression.
Traci M Knight

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: traciknight on January 18, 2024, 08:36:38 PMCan't say a pill did it, but an Estradiol patch worked wonders on relieving most of my dysphoria and depression.

E certainly has helped me.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sarah B

No I would not take the dysphoria pill.  Why? Because I never had any dysphoria to speak of, except that I wanted or longed to be female.  Taking a pill would change who I am and I will not go down that path.

It did not matter in the end, because eventually I realized I was female.  Hence no need for a pill for me!

Kind regards to one and all
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •