Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Why are many people unaccepting of transsexual people?

Started by ChrissyRyan, December 17, 2018, 08:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: mako9802 on January 22, 2019, 11:21:18 AM
It's not just cis people.  There are some trans folks that are unnaccepting of other trans folks who are not exactly like themselves.  To some people we all have to follow a preset path and ANY deviation from that is weird or odd or fake.  I get that every day.....

That is most unfortunate and unenlightened.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Marcie237

I think for some folks, things (people, belief systems,etc) that are different from how they want to perceive themselves scares the living heck out of them so they will attack you in whatever way they can to try to get you to go away and leave them to their own unchallenged false sense of security.  People have and will kill others for this. Not just gender, but religion, race, or literally any belief system or be-ing-ness.  I try hard to avoid them.  I will walk away. There is no way I can change them.

Religions and belief systems have appeared and disappeared over the millennia trying to get folks to be understanding (and yet being themselves not understanding of certain others).  it is humorous, yet very sad, this human behaviour. so I let them do as they will.  I do not lie down and let them walk all over me, I simply go away. I do buy into the idea of karma and try not to do anything I wouldn't want done to me, but that is really all I can do - teach by example? I can not force myself on others. I can simply be.
No pain, no pain. - I suggest gentle and persistent. (GCS 1975)
  •  

Ricki Wright

That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we attack. Humans are wired this way and it is part of basic survival instinct: Fight or Flight. Humans that have evolved beyond this basic instinct can learn about what they fear and coexist, invent, and discover new horizons never seen before. Unfortunately, these people also inspire fear in the less evolved, making them by default, just as likely a target.

TLDR: The curious/different are hunted by the close minded/cowards.
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

soyunachica

In some ways trans is the very frontier of the culture wars these days. And thus about half the country will be doused in all kinds of crazy propaganda to push trans folk off.

As well, allowing people to change gender or be nonbinary further undermines the rigidity of gender and gender roles. For many in the aforementioned half, undermining trans rights is a stepping stone to undermining marriage equality and non-discrimination on the basis of sex.
Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
Preferred pet: Felis catus
Preferred operating system: Linux!!!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Has anyone every considered you as a mtf to be a "half-woman" or not a "real woman"? 
Or worse, if that is possible?

This would be for anyone a really hurtful situation and annoying as can be.

All I can say is to show love to all.  Someday a change of heart may come about.
There are kind people out there. 

Hugs,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Maria77

I have noticed the Right wing bots/trolls (Russians, Klan, Nazis, ???) pushing this argument on social media:  "I will not be a party to your delusions."   I really hate that one.   
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 03, 2019, 11:31:46 AM
Has anyone every considered you as a mtf to be a "half-woman" or not a "real woman"? 
Or worse, if that is possible?

This would be for anyone a really hurtful situation and annoying as can be.

Yah.  There is actually a popular trans putdown in certain populations in my area.  I have my comeback...

"Dear!  You look just like a real woman!"  meow!
... "Why, thank you!  You look just like a real woman, too!"

Then there are, as others mention, the putdowns about being delusional, or snarkily conflating being trans with drag performance.

Some people are really just working very hard at being hurtful jerks, to the point that they are adopting "Posie Parker" and Julia Long as role models for interacting with transgender persons.  Yuck.

It can be rough to keep on moving forward and living our authentic lives in the face of this nonsense.

Fortunately these sort of nasty folks are only a tiny (if noisy) part of the population.   The majority of the population in the USA has a better opinion of us than this, and supports our being allowed to just live our lives in peace.  That's all most of us want, I believe, simply to live our lives and be treated like any other human being, with access to the same services as any other person.

We do have to take care still that the tiny but noisy minority opposed to our existence doesn't manage to sneak legislation or rulemaking through to deny us basic rights, just as any marginalized population must do.  That is just part of life.

Not that many are actually unaccepting of us, just a noisy few who can ruin our day if we let them or our lives if we are not vigilant.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Allison S

People are animals- it's just the jungle has different rules now...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Astxl

Quote from: Marcie237 on January 22, 2019, 11:57:47 AM
I think for some folks, things (people, belief systems,etc) that are different from how they want to perceive themselves scares the living heck out of them so they will attack you in whatever way they can to try to get you to go away and leave them to their own unchallenged false sense of security.  People have and will kill others for this. Not just gender, but religion, race, or literally any belief system or be-ing-ness.  I try hard to avoid them.  I will walk away. There is no way I can change them.

Religions and belief systems have appeared and disappeared over the millennia trying to get folks to be understanding (and yet being themselves not understanding of certain others).  it is humorous, yet very sad, this human behaviour. so I let them do as they will.  I do not lie down and let them walk all over me, I simply go away. I do buy into the idea of karma and try not to do anything I wouldn't want done to me, but that is really all I can do - teach by example? I can not force myself on others. I can simply be.

I'm full agree with you.

My support
  •  

CynthiaAnn

The worst offenders will practice in a form of "willful ignorance". I sniff out those types, tune my radar, early detection, collision avoidance....all creep filters on max....
  •