Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

My HRT Journey - -Updates

Started by GordonG, December 18, 2018, 08:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonG

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments.
I wish Linde and Julie well also.

Orchi is less than a week away now. (Feb 15th).

This morning over breakfast my wife asked me if I was apprehensive and/or nervous. I told her no. A month or more ago I was; as I was full of doubt and worry. Is this something I should be doing? What about as I get older? What will the future bring. But now I can say that I've worked it all out in my head and am looking forward to it.

Reasons?
1. I like what the Spiro and E have done for me mentally.
2. I don't have that crazy male libido screaming at me anymore. What a relief.
3. I'll be off of Spiro, which by some accounts is not good for you in the long run.
4. I'll be rid of those hangy things that are constantly in the way and in need of adjusting. I aim to have a scrotectomy some time in the next year.

I'll update this thread as it goes.

I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on February 09, 2019, 12:53:40 PM

3. I'll be off of Spiro, which by some accounts is not good for you in the long run.

I can attest to that spiro stuff!  I think it makes me constantly tired and lethargic/listless!  I want to get it ou of my body as fast as possible, and once I had my surgery (exactly on the day one week after you), I hope I have not to touch it ever again!
I am on the highest dose of Finasterie for about 6 years now, and I do not feel any side effects from that one.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Julie -2010

Quote from: GordonG on February 09, 2019, 12:53:40 PM

Orchi is less than a week away now. (Feb 15th).

Reasons?
1. I like what the Spiro and E have done for me mentally.
2. I don't have that crazy male libido screaming at me anymore. What a relief.
4. I'll be rid of those hangy things that are constantly in the way and in need of adjusting. I aim to have a scrotectomy some time in the next year.

I agree with your reason.  I'm not going to have the scrotectomy because I hope to have GCS in the future.  But I was told the skin really shrinks up. 

I'm ready but still waiting on my second letter.

Good luck Friday!!

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Linde

Good luck Gordon.  I will follow suit Friday in a week!

•  

GordonG

Got the call yesterday with all the instructions etc for the surgery tomorrow.  All the normal stuff like no food after midnight tonite.  Surgery checkin time is 2:30 pm. Damn,  I'm going to be hungry. Oh well.  The wife and I will stop at a drive thru on the way home.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Joanne ONeal

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on February 14, 2019, 07:11:09 AM
Got the call yesterday with all the instructions etc for the surgery tomorrow.  All the normal stuff like no food after midnight tonite.  Surgery checkin time is 2:30 pm. Damn,  I'm going to be hungry. Oh well.  The wife and I will stop at a drive thru on the way home.
I got a letter already, telling me that stuff.  The way it looks like, I will be the first case in the morning, which mans I have to report at about 5 AM to the hospital!  That means leaving my house around 4 am.  Not much of a good night sleep for me, I guess

I wish you lots of luck and as little discomfort as possible!  I hold your hand in a virtual way!
Hugs
Linde

•  

Julie -2010

Linde,

Good luck to you as well.  Both of you must be so excited.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

mm

Good luck tomorrow, Dietlind and let us know how you are doing afterwards.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: mm on February 14, 2019, 04:53:39 PM
Good luck tomorrow, Dietlind and let us know how you are doing afterwards.
I sure will, once i can sit in front of a computer again.  While at Costco today, I bought on of those seat cushions that are partially open between the legs.  I hope that might help to reduce any discomfort when sitting!

•  

pamelatransuk

Gordon

Hoping all goes well today.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

Linde

Gordon should be close to be in prep now!  I hope we hear soon of him, and only positive things!

•  

GordonG

I'm back to give you an update.

Surgery check in was 2:30 pm yesterday. Didn't actually get into the surgical suite till 4 PM. Was being wheeled out the door about 6 pm. No great discomfort at all, but did take a pain pill before going to bed just in case. Woke up several times during the nite. Once to go to the bathroom to alleviate a bladder and to change packing on the wound and drains. Doctor put in drains to drain fluids and excessive blood, to prevent a hematoma. But no pain to speak of. Last pain pill was night before, and so far today don't need anything.

I'm glad it's done and over. The anticipation and accompanying thoughts were a bother to deal with. Now on to better days.

:icon_flower: Oh, and a belated Happy Valentines day to all.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on February 16, 2019, 04:39:41 PM

Surgery check in was 2:30 pm yesterday. Didn't actually get into the surgical suite till 4 PM. Was being wheeled out the door about 6 pm. No great discomfort at all, but did take a pain pill before going to bed just in case. Woke up several times during the nite. Once to go to the bathroom to alleviate a bladder and to change packing on the wound and drains. Doctor put in drains to drain fluids and excessive blood, to prevent a hematoma. But no pain to speak of. Last pain pill was night before, and so far today don't need anything.

I'm glad it's done and over. The anticipation and accompanying thoughts were a bother to deal with. Now on to better days.

Wow, that sounds easy peasy! I hope it continues that well, bcause I might need you to hold my hand when I have it done next Friday, and I am a cry baby!

•  

pamelatransuk

Gordon

Excellent! I am so happy both that it went well and that you suffered little or no pain.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

Julie -2010

Gordon,

I'm so happy it went well and not too much pain.  Thanks for giving us an update.

Take care!!

Julie
  •  

Susan R

QuoteBut no pain to speak of. Last pain pill was night before, and so far today don't need anything.

Hi Gordon, thanks for the update and good news.  I thought the pain would be intense.  Nice to hear that you are doing well.  Has there been any noticeable changes other than normal pain in the localized surgery site?  Do you have to take T injections or pills or will your body produce enough T on its own (cis female levels)?

Susan R🌷
Began HRT - Sept. 25, 2018
Out to all/Full time - May 19, 2019
  •  

GordonG

Quote from: Susan R on February 18, 2019, 01:45:41 PM
Hi Gordon, thanks for the update and good news.  I thought the pain would be intense.  Nice to hear that you are doing well.  Has there been any noticeable changes other than normal pain in the localized surgery site?  Do you have to take T injections or pills or will your body produce enough T on its own (cis female levels)?

Susan R

The pain is a lot less than I thought I would have. Just took two Tylenol last night before bed and nothing so far today. No noticeable changes so far.
I'm not planning on taking any T supplementation. The adrenal gland makes some. I'm just going to continue my low dose of E and see how the blood tests go. I'll be doing that again in mid March.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on February 18, 2019, 02:19:05 PM
The pain is a lot less than I thought I would have. Just took two Tylenol last night before bed and nothing so far today. No noticeable changes so far.
I'm not planning on taking any T supplementation. The adrenal gland makes some. I'm just going to continue my low dose of E and see how the blood tests go. I'll be doing that again in mid March.
So you mean, you are ready to come, and hold my hand on Friday?

•  

Northern Star Girl

@GordonG
Thank you for your update.  I am so happy for you that your procedure went well and that you did not experience excess discomfort and pain.
Your post-op report is great to read.
As is many times the case, the anticipation and thoughts about the procedure is sometimes worse than the actual event...
Please continue posting your post-op experiences as you feel so led.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: GordonG on February 16, 2019, 04:39:41 PM

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •