Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

My HRT Journey - -Updates

Started by GordonG, December 18, 2018, 08:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanePlain

Great to hear it went well! Super great to hear your sleeping ok without the heavy duty pain meds (That always wear off too soon anyway) I want to say never say never to adjusting your T to get it into normal female range. If your feeling asexual changing that might be important to your wife? Actually I would be very curious if that is an issue but totally understand if you don't want to comment. Just a thought. I know most of us think of testosterone as the problem - not the solution.

Anyway congratulations! 
  •  

GordonG

Things are still going fine. Haven't even taken a tylenol in the past 3 days. Went back to the doc yesterday after work and he removed the drains. I still don't like all the baggage, (scrotum). He said it will diminish and contract over time. I'm thinking that I'd like it snipped off as well. But he said to wait at least 4 months before making that decision. I'd like to have a smooth "under d__k".
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on February 21, 2019, 07:52:15 PM
Things are still going fine. Haven't even taken a tylenol in the past 3 days. Went back to the doc yesterday after work and he removed the drains. I still don't like all the baggage, (scrotum). He said it will diminish and contract over time. I'm thinking that I'd like it snipped off as well. But he said to wait at least 4 months before making that decision. I'd like to have a smooth "under d__k".
Snipping that off, would be a pretty bloody job, and something would need to be done with the void!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Julie -2010

Gordon,

I'm so glad things are going well.  I was talking with a friend who was telling me about her Orchi.  She said it swelled up to lemon size.  I don't blame you one bit on not wanting that type of thing hanging around. LOL

I'm scheduled with a independent therapist in early March to get my second letter so that they will schedule my Orchi. Can't wait.

Take care of yourself.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Susan R

Gordon, Good to read that all is well and pain management is under control or not needed.  Thanks for the update.

Susan R🌷
Began HRT - Sept. 25, 2018
Out to all/Full time - May 19, 2019
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: GordonG on February 21, 2019, 07:52:15 PM

Personally I would leave it as is.  You got the important parts removed.  Enjoy it!
  •  

GordonG

Quote from: JanePlain on March 04, 2019, 03:17:34 AM
Personally I would leave it as is.  You got the important parts removed.  Enjoy it!

It's going to have to shrink up considerably for me to not do it. And it certainly hasn't done any of that so far.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on March 04, 2019, 01:27:49 PM
It's going to have to shrink up considerably for me to not do it. And it certainly hasn't done any of that so far.
Think about how long it took to get to it's current size!  Give it a while.  I would not do any removal either, it will either create a pretty large scar, or the have to do a skin graft of some sort.  I think the size of the wound close to the anus would be a pretty big sorce for an infection, without giving you any extra benefits (like a neo vagina for example).
Ask some here who had their orchi done a longer time ago, how their shrinking was!

•  

GordonG

Quote from: Dietlind on March 04, 2019, 01:47:54 PM
Think about how long it took to get to it's current size!  Give it a while.  I would not do any removal either, it will either create a pretty large scar, or the have to do a skin graft of some sort.  I think the size of the wound close to the anus would be a pretty big sorce for an infection, without giving you any extra benefits (like a neo vagina for example).
Ask some here who had their orchi done a longer time ago, how their shrinking was!

I have done as much, as I've been a member of the Eunuch Archive Forum for over a year now, and there are several gentlemen there that have had a scrotectomy. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. They do not describe a skin graft of any sort, and the size of the wound doesn't go anywhere near the anus. The benefits far outweigh having a baggy bunch of skin hanging and getting in the way all the time. And there is no way that I want a neo vagina.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on March 06, 2019, 07:03:22 PM

I have done as much, as I've been a member of the Eunuch Archive Forum for over a year now, and there are several gentlemen there that have had a scrotectomy. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. They do not describe a skin graft of any sort, and the size of the wound doesn't go anywhere near the anus. The benefits far outweigh having a baggy bunch of skin hanging and getting in the way all the time. And there is no way that I want a neo vagina.
You are right, I never even thought about this procedure. It just horrifies me!  But I also plan to have a neo vulva with a limited depth vagina one of these days, and every bit  of the skin down there might be very valuable for my future procedures.

I wish you lots of luck with this procedure!

•  

GordonG

Just had my hormone levels checked in preparation for doctors visit on Wednesday. I'm not sure what to make of the E level. So thought I'd post about it here to see what others may think.

Estradiol <20pg/mL, which I take to mean under 20 pg/mL. Can't they measure under that level?
Total Testosterone 18 ng/dL
Free Testosterone 1.3 pg/dL

I had an orchi in Feb, so the T is where it should be. But the E baffles me. My dosage hasn't changed since I started in Oct '18.

First test later that month (Oct) was 167pg/mL (But I had taken my dose within a few hours of the blood draw, so I don't trust that number)

Second test was in Dec '18 was 42pg/mL

And then my third test, last week is <20 pg/mL

Anyone have any ideas? I'll be quizzing my Dr for sure.

Just to let everyone know my healing from the Orchi is going just fine. The site of the sutures are pink with just a hint of tenderness. It's got a little ways to go before I'll consider it done healing. But I'm liking it so far.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

MikeP

Great to hear from you.  I think the appearance is just as important as the changes in hormones.  I assume crotch comfort is better without them right?  Hardly a day goes by that I don.t wish for bulge reduction or elimination.  It just dont fit me and my personality.

As for E mine came in at 168 and T was down to 270 on a low dose E.  It changed my desires but also my motivation in some areas is lower than I prefer.  Not sure what is going to work best but my plan is to keep trying and see about taking care of the physical dysphoria with my doctors help. 

Thanks again for all your post, Mike
If you say you can or cant do something you are correct! Henry Ford
  •  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on March 25, 2019, 08:48:07 PM

Just to let everyone know my healing from the Orchi is going just fine. The site of the sutures are pink with just a hint of tenderness. It's got a little ways to go before I'll consider it done healing. But I'm liking it so far.
Had my post op today.  My sutures have desolved, but I still have a little blood spotting.  The doc said it is normal and should stop in a week or so.  He wants to see me back in a year.  He took most of my scrotum away, which means I had basically the procedure you are planning for.  My pain was very minimal, and I don't think that the larger wound made any real difference.  But I am pretty sure, it will be quite a while before I feel riding a bicycle!

I am starting to look into SRS to have it done as soon as possible.

I wish you continuous good recovery!

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: Dietlind on March 04, 2019, 01:47:54 PM

I totally agree.  Who knows maybe you will decide to do SRS (GRS? why do they keep changing things?)  Better to have the material and avoid infections. 
  •  

JanePlain

Just had my hormone levels checked in preparation for doctors visit on Wednesday. I'm not sure what to make of the E level. So thought I'd post about it here to see what others may think.

Estradiol <20pg/mL, which I take to mean under 20 pg/mL. Can't they measure under that level?

I had an orchi in Feb, so the T is where it should be. But the E baffles me. My dosage hasn't changed since I started in Oct '18.

First test later that month (Oct) was 167pg/mL (But I had taken my dose within a few hours of the blood draw, so I don't trust that number)

You may have mentioned it but how do you take estrogen?  Are you doing a pill, transdermal or injection?  or something else?  If its transdermal (A rub on) you have to rub it in pretty good and don't take a shower or bath right after applying it for example.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Gordon

I thought I would let you see my attached thread which covers so many Susans Members E&T BT readings after 3/4 6/7 9/10 and 12/13 months in case you wish to compare.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244695.20.html

However I am now aware that timing of the BT makes a substantial difference to the E&T readings as some members had their blood drawn just a couple of hours after HRT method (tablet/patch/injection etc) whereas some members waited 48 hours or so.

Consistency of timing is necessary and you may wish to agree with your doctor how long after application, your blood should be drawn. I note that you already suspect and I agree that the change in your timings has resulted in such a difference but as you say, your latest E reading is indeed low for 5 months HRT.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

GordonG

Quote from: JanePlain on March 26, 2019, 12:52:37 AM
I totally agree.  Who knows maybe you will decide to do SRS (GRS? why do they keep changing things?)  Better to have the material and avoid infections.

Sorry that is not going to happen.  I'm very comfortable as I am.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Julie -2010

First, I'm glad the Orchi is healing well.  I'm just waiting to get mine scheduled so it is nice to get your updates.

I've been on HRT for a little over 2 years and had my 2 year check in Feb. My E was around 157 pg.  But my T spiked up to 85.  I was around 7 to 10 pg on the other test before.  She had me take the blood test again that day.  and my T was down to 43.  I thought it was still too high but my Doc said it looks OK now.  Can wait for the Orchi.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

GordonG

I forgot to mention that since the orchi I've been down. I've read on other forums that that is a natural thing that can happen when your T plummets like mine has.

Saw my doctor yesterday and he is upping the dosage 50% of what I was taking and will redo the blood tests in 2 months.

Hopefully things will improve with the increase in E.

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on March 28, 2019, 08:58:01 PM
I forgot to mention that since the orchi I've been down. I've read on other forums that that is a natural thing that can happen when your T plummets like mine has.

Saw my doctor yesterday and he is upping the dosage 50% of what I was taking and will redo the blood tests in 2 months.

Hopefully things will improve with the increase in E.
I just had my blood test done today, and will see my endo next week.  If have to say that I feel pretty OK, I just don't sleep that well.  I don't know if it is because the low T? 
My weird thing is that my genital dysphoria got way stronger now that I have nothing between my legs anymore.  I was hoping for the opposite!  Go figure!

•