Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How about Hiking, does anybody have interest checking out the mountains?

Started by Liina, December 20, 2018, 08:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liina

I know it is a bunch of work to get out and go for a good hike. Rachel has been training for big hiking I have read, Alaskan Danielle showed some nice pictures from Alaska hikes.
I have been hiking in the mountains since I was a kid, I still do actively get out and do those big and interesting ones.
What kind of hiking do you like?  Where do go for your hikes?
Love to hear about yours!

Liina
  •  

Janes Groove

•  

Kylo

I live on the Cornish cliffs so I can hike up and down them any time. When the weather is bad, it's pretty rough out here. Not much in the way of mountains around here. Only worn down volcano tors and abandoned mines.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Chloe

Atlanta has the Silver Comet Trail on a former rail line that runs more than 60 miles from suburb of Smyrna to the state border and then the Chief Ladiga Trail goes for another 34-miles ending in Anniston, Alabama.

Or, close to home, one could go to Peach Tree City which has 90-miles of running in circles!

I think hiking and walking is the best thing we can do keep the buds growing argh I mean blood moving!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

GingerVicki

I love hiking in the spring and fall. I would like the summer, but I burn too easily and during winter many locations are very dangerous.
  •  

sarahc

I love to hike, but one of the things post-transition I'm not looking forward to is being less able to head out for a quick hike by myself. I'm just a little less comfortable going out for a hike alone as a woman.
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

barbie

Yes. Every year, I go to the top of the highest mountain in S. Korea by running or hiking. I also ride a mountain bike to reach the highest point where the road for cars and bikes is paved (1,100 m or 3,600 ft).

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

KathyLauren

I don't hike much any more, since there are no mountains here.  Back when I lived within an hour's drive of the Rockies, I'd go hiking every weekend with a club.  I met my wife on top of a mountain on a club hike. :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: barbie on January 29, 2019, 03:41:16 PM
Yes. Every year, I go to the top of the highest mountain in S. Korea by running or hiking. I also ride a mountain bike to reach the highest point where the road for cars and bikes is paved (1,100 m or 3,600 ft).

barbie~~

beautiful scenery
  •  

jill610

I used to do a ton of hiking in the northern adirondacks and Catskills mountains in New York, when I lived in Upstate and was spending a lot of time in lake placid area, as well as the lake Seneca and Cayuga areas finger lakes region when I was in college.

Now where I live, the Pocono mountains are just far enough away that it's unusual I get to go. I am planning a camping trip this summer in the adirondacks with my kids so lots of hiking (and complaining by my almost-six-year-old to come.

•  

barbie

Quote from: jill610 on January 29, 2019, 07:51:25 PM
I used to do a ton of hiking in the northern adirondacks and Catskills mountains in New York, when I lived in Upstate and was spending a lot of time in lake placid area, as well as the lake Seneca and Cayuga areas finger lakes region when I was in college.

Now where I live, the Pocono mountains are just far enough away that it's unusual I get to go. I am planning a camping trip this summer in the adirondacks with my kids so lots of hiking (and complaining by my almost-six-year-old to come.

Yes. When I lived in Maryland about 20 years ago, I missed mountains so much, as the closest mountain was Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, 200 miles away. Thus, when driving from Maryland to New York city, I detoured westward to see mountains in Pennsylvania and New York state. When I drove in Upstate, NY, I felt like I am back home, my country.

Taking a helicopter in the mainland of S. Korea.

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

I just found this topic, but hiking for me is like a way of life. Where I live in W WA, we have access to beautiful mountain terrain, and beautiful coastal terrain. I go to the Cascades, I go to the Olympics, I go the beach...

From 9/2013 @ Mt Rainer..

From 7/2017 @ Elwa trail, OLP

C -
  •  

barbie

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on March 20, 2019, 10:48:40 AM
I just found this topic, but hiking for me is like a way of life. Where I live in W WA, we have access to beautiful mountain terrain, and beautiful coastal terrain. I go to the Cascades, I go to the Olympics, I go the beach...

Yes. I remember that I saw many big mountains when I visited Seattle about 10 years ago. I wished hiking there, but I did not have time to do that, not to mention some information for hiking. This year I am going to visit Vancouver in the autumn, and may see some high mountains there.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: barbie on March 21, 2019, 03:47:56 PM
Yes. I remember that I saw many big mountains when I visited Seattle about 10 years ago. I wished hiking there, but I did not have time to do that, not to mention some information for hiking. This year I am going to visit Vancouver in the autumn, and may see some high mountains there.

barbie~~

Hi Barbie, nice to meet you, your pictures above in this post are beautiful btw...

When we visited Vancouver, a favorite place to go, within easy reach of the airport and city was Grouse Mountain recreation area, just north of downtown...Hiking, scenic tram, etc... It would be nice in early autumn before the snow comes...

Enjoy !

C -
  •  

barbie

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on March 21, 2019, 06:47:31 PM
When we visited Vancouver, a favorite place to go, within easy reach of the airport and city was Grouse Mountain recreation area, just north of downtown...Hiking, scenic tram, etc... It would be nice in early autumn before the snow comes...

Enjoy !

C -

Thanks! Yes. I will plan to hike in Grouse Mountain with one extra day!
https://www.grousemountain.com/

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •