Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Feminine Fingernails

Started by GordonG, December 22, 2018, 04:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonG

I like feminine fingernails, by that I mean manicured painted longer fingernails. It's always been one of my favorite things to see on a woman.

I've read these threads and though I'd start my own.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,240242.0.html
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,12443.msg
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,660.0.html
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,106493.msg801767.html

I've been getting manicures for about 5 years now. Started at first to keep myself from biting them all the time. It worked. Added color about a year after that, and then another year added artificial ones, as in acrylic extensions. I go every three weeks for a fill and new color. I'll post some pictures.

I have gotten a lot of comments, all good. Mostly from females who say, "gosh they are beautiful", "I wish I could do that", "very nice". And I have had about 3 comments from guys. One guy at work said; "Wished I had the balls to do that." And a guy at a Taco Bell restaurant said about the same thing, and he was with his wife.

Anyone else here have such nails and still present as male, or sometimes?

I even get my toenails done in the summer when it's sandal season.

I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

I have manicured nails, but I keep them short, because I do a lot of manual stuff around the house and vehicles.  Long nail would break, even when wearing gloves!
And i have them still manicured, when i do my mal guy stuff going to auto part stores, etc.  I also leave my small earrings in.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

GordonG

I do manual stuff too. For work I'm an inspector for a machine shop which makes Boeing airplane parts. So I handle stuff all day long. I've learned to wear gloves and how to handle things to keep from breaking them. Although I still do, every once in a while. But it has gotten way better than it was at the beginning. I'm also a DIY type of guy, I don't believe in paying someone else to do something that I can do. I've done brake jobs and oil changes with these fingernails. Put up shelving and rebuilt a wooden bench that started to fall apart. I have a garage full of tools, including a table saw, band saw, drill press, small lathe and about every type of hand and power tool available. A few months ago, the wife and I cut down some trees that were encroaching on a clearing we have.
I really love my fingernails! ;D It is possible, I'm proof.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Doing all that stuff, my fingernails would be worn down to he cuticles!  I am a master in breaking fingernails!  I could not do it!

•  

Maid Marion

Yes, I cut down saplings growing in the understory around my yard before they get too big to safely take down by myself.

I've let them grow to about 1/4 inch before they interfere with my typing. 

Well fitting gloves help.  I've spent a lot of time in stores trying out gloves.  More time than I've spent trying on shoes.  ::)
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Maid Marion on December 23, 2018, 07:34:48 AM
Yes, I cut down sapling growing in the understory around my yard before they get too big to safely take down by myself.

I've let them grow to about 1/4 inch before they interfere with my typing. 

Well fitting gloves help.  I've spent a lot of time in stores trying out gloves.  More time than I've spent trying on shoes.  ::)
I use gloves, too, for those tasks.  But if I deal with small mechanical or electrical items, gloves don't cut it, only the bare fingers work, and that means, after a while, the nails go down the tube!

•  

Ann W

Quote from: GordonG on December 22, 2018, 04:31:48 PM
I like feminine fingernails, by that I mean manicured painted longer fingernails. It's always been one of my favorite things to see on a woman.

Having painted nails is very special to me; they keep me grounded. Just noticing them I feel my tension subside. It's probably because I don't pass, at least partly; I use my mother's color, and I'm sure that helps as well.

After having been nagged by several other people, I finally had them done with gel rather than polish, and I have to say I've been thrilled with the result. Polish starts deteriorating after a few days, but gel lasts much longer. I usually lose the gel on at least one nail after a week or so, but those that stay colored are tough and durable.

I've recently begun thinking I'd like to wear them longer, and shaped. Yours are lovely, by the way, as are you. :)
  •  

Allison S

Mine aren't evened out at all but they're ok.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Rachel_Christina

I love to do my nails lovely, it's not often I do it with the cars and all, even the keyboard at work I don't like typing with em on.

Heres a couple of the last time I did em for my staff Christmas party.

And here was an old pic when I had my hands and feet done in Switzerland.
Back when I was still living as man :')

Oh how I love being out now :')

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: GordonG on December 22, 2018, 04:31:48 PM

I've been getting manicures for about 5 years now. Started at first to keep myself from biting them all the time. It worked. Added color about a year after that, and then another year added artificial ones, as in acrylic extensions. I go every three weeks for a fill and new color. I'll post some pictures.

I have gotten a lot of comments, all good. Mostly from females who say, "gosh they are beautiful", "I wish I could do that", "very nice". And I have had about 3 comments from guys. One guy at work said; "Wished I had the balls to do that." And a guy at a Taco Bell restaurant said about the same thing, and he was with his wife.

Anyone else here have such nails and still present as male, or sometimes?

You have gorgeous nails GordenG I would love to have them like that

For years I have had long nature nails well as long as I can keep them without the breaks. I have colourless nail gloss to make them shine but no colour yet. Thinking what I can get away with as I am male to work clients and home?

Love Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

AnneK

QuoteI have gotten a lot of comments, all good. Mostly from females who say, "gosh they are beautiful"

I've been wearing nail polish most of the time for years.  I've often received compliments from women, but little comment from men.  I go for a manicure every week.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

IzzyM

I love having long finger nails (which my wife says is very girly), and I love painting them (usually only on holiday even when presenting as male), but I do wear clear varnish most of the time so that they shine, a coloured varnish would probably raise too many questions from colleagues at work...
It isn't hard at all to make a wish. The difficultly lies in how to make what you wish for a reality
  •  

GordonG

Quote from: Ann W on December 29, 2018, 11:15:41 PM
Having painted nails is very special to me; they keep me grounded. Just noticing them I feel my tension subside. It's probably because I don't pass, at least partly; I use my mother's color, and I'm sure that helps as well.

After having been nagged by several other people, I finally had them done with gel rather than polish, and I have to say I've been thrilled with the result. Polish starts deteriorating after a few days, but gel lasts much longer. I usually lose the gel on at least one nail after a week or so, but those that stay colored are tough and durable.

I've recently begun thinking I'd like to wear them longer, and shaped. Yours are lovely, by the way, as are you. :)

As you discovered, Gel out lasts and out shines regular polish. And thanks for your compliment Ann.

Quote from: IzzyM on December 30, 2018, 05:24:12 PM
I love having long finger nails (which my wife says is very girly), and I love painting them (usually only on holiday even when presenting as male), but I do wear clear varnish most of the time so that they shine, a coloured varnish would probably raise too many questions from colleagues at work...

I worried like crazy about wearing mine to work but did it anyway. When asked, I merely said "because I like it". End of discussion. I only did this about 4 times, nobody else asked. I've learned not to care what other people think about me. Life is better and easier that way. Besides I'm in good standing at this company, I've been there for almost 12 years, and when my annual review comes, I've been told many times by my boss, "I wish I could clone you!"

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Allison S on December 30, 2018, 01:42:00 AM
Mine aren't evened out at all but they're ok.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

You have very nice nails.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Beverly Anne

Definitely love having feminine nails. I do artificial nails on a budget for myself, and I get lots of compliments.
Be authentic and live life unafraid!
  •  

Linde

And how do you girls handle car repairs with them nails?   ???

•  

jill610

Quote from: Dietlind on December 30, 2018, 06:45:33 PM
Gloves.

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: Dietlind on December 30, 2018, 06:45:33 PM
I get a nice strong man to do it for me at the garage

Love Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

ChrissyRyan

I have heard that if you have adequate progesterone in your system, that your nails will be stonger.  Some ladies have progesterone as part of their mtf HRT medicines.  Is that so?

Do you all put on a top coat (not simply clear nail polish, but use a top coat polish, which differs from clear nail polish) to protect your colored nails?

I hear that a clear base coat is good to use under colored polish so that your nails will not as likely turn yellowish.  Do you use these clear base coats?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

jill610

I have not found this to be true with progesterone.

I do take biotin supplements and that seems to help, but they are pretty brittle without polish these days. I start getting breaks and tears pretty easily with or without Progesterone.

•