Mastodon Mastodon

Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Zombie movies

Started by KathyLauren, December 23, 2018, 08:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

My wife got me to watch yet another post-apocalyptic movie.  ::)  There's another two hours of my life I'll never get back!  I suppose the acting was decent, and she likes that more than a good story line.  It was pretty predictable.

The movie was Bird Box, if you're interested, on Netflix.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: KathyLauren on December 23, 2018, 08:16:20 PM
My wife got me to watch yet another post-apocalyptic movie.  ::)  There's another two hours of my life I'll never get back!  I suppose the acting was decent, and she likes that more than a good story line.  It was pretty predictable.

The movie was Bird Box, if you're interested, on Netflix.

I thought it was good. I did not think it was a zombie movie. More along the lines of people developing psychotic issues.  Sandra did a good job. Not to spoil the ending but predictable.
  •  

Kylo

I like oldschool zombie films. The new ones can't deal with the "slow, clumsy" zombie stuff and usually to have them all acting like athletes with rabies. Attention spans and ability to enjoy slow-moving stuff in general seems to have packed up and left.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Lacy

I watched it this afternoon as my wife had several friends who recommended it.

I found it to be a bit slow moving, and didn't like the way it was filmed with the past and present happening at the same time.
There were so many unanswered questions. What caused it? Why could birds sense them? Why do we never see any even though we see the evidence of them chasing the people? Why do they not kill people? Why does it not effect everyone the same way?

I did enjoy the acting and was impressed by the list of very successful actors that were in it. I think it was a little bit of a RIP off of The Quiet Place.

I wouldn't watch it again.
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Kylo

Return of the Living Dead, Braindead, Dawn of the Dead and Shawn of the Dead. Much more fun.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: RealLacy on December 27, 2018, 06:26:35 PM
I watched it this afternoon as my wife had several friends who recommended it.

I found it to be a bit slow moving, and didn't like the way it was filmed with the past and present happening at the same time.
There were so many unanswered questions. What caused it? Why could birds sense them? Why do we never see any even though we see the evidence of them chasing the people? Why do they not kill people? Why does it not effect everyone the same way?

I did enjoy the acting and was impressed by the list of very successful actors that were in it. I think it was a little bit of a RIP off of The Quiet Place.

I wouldn't watch it again.

Birdbox was a metaphor about a single mother raising two children in a very hostile world. I related to the movie and enjoyed what it had to offer.
  •  

Gaydave

Love zombie movies. Some are quite good. Has anyone seen zombie girl the movie ? It's not exactly a movie but a documentary about a 12yo girl who made a original zombie movie.

Sephirah

Quote from: Gaydave on September 17, 2024, 04:10:52 AMLove zombie movies. Some are quite good. Has anyone seen zombie girl the movie ? It's not exactly a movie but a documentary about a 12yo girl who made a original zombie movie.

I am with you, Dave. I am a massive sucker for post apocalpyse, zombie apocalypse stuff. The downfall of humanity. That probably says something about me, lol. But you only really know the measure of a person when they're faced with the end of their world. What they would or wouldn't do. I find this kind of thing fascinating. How quickly we would all go back to Lord of the Flies. Not even sure what to say to that about people as a whole other than... hope for the best but make plans for the worst lol.
Natura nihil frustra facit.

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." ~ Buddha.

If you're dealing with self esteem issues, maybe click here. There may be something you find useful. :)
Above all... remember: you are beautiful, you are valuable, and you have a shining spark of magnificence within you. Don't let anyone take that from you. Embrace who you are. <3
  •  

Gaydave

Though saying that if you want see three good spoofs

Shaun of the dead
At worlds end
Hot fuzz
Paul

Zombie spoof
Disaster spoof
Police drama spoof
Alien spoof
All done by
Nick frost and Simon pegg

Lori Dee

Quote from: Sephirah on September 17, 2024, 04:03:27 PMI am with you, Dave. I am a massive sucker for post apocalpyse, zombie apocalypse stuff. The downfall of humanity. That probably says something about me, lol. But you only really know the measure of a person when they're faced with the end of their world. What they would or wouldn't do. I find this kind of thing fascinating. How quickly we would all go back to Lord of the Flies. Not even sure what to say to that about people as a whole other than... hope for the best but make plans for the worst lol.

I don't know if I have told this story, but on my Jeep, I have Zombie Apocalypse Response Team stickers on the cargo rack. I added special rubber clamps that hold my shovel and a garden rake. I came out of Walmart and a woman parked next to me was staring at the rack.

She asked if the Response Team was real. I assured her it was.
She asked if a Zombie Apocalypse was a real possibility. I said that I wouldn't rule anything out.
Then she asked, "Should I be worried?"
I said, "No, we got this covered."
She shrugged her shoulders and went into Walmart.

{ Filed in the Strange Walmart Parking Lot Encounters file. }

:icon_suspicious:
My Life is Based on a True Story

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Lori Dee on September 17, 2024, 05:40:58 PMI don't know if I have told this story, but on my Jeep, I have Zombie Apocalypse Response Team stickers on the cargo rack. I added special rubber clamps that hold my shovel and a garden rake. I came out of Walmart and a woman parked next to me was staring at the rack.

She asked if the Response Team was real. I assured her it was.
She asked if a Zombie Apocalypse was a real possibility. I said that I wouldn't rule anything out.
Then she asked, "Should I be worried?"
I said, "No, we got this covered."
She shrugged her shoulders and went into Walmart.

{ Filed in the Strange Walmart Parking Lot Encounters file. }

LOL!

I bought my GF a "zombie apocalypse preparedness kit" for a Christmas present the other year. It basically consisted of a coffee mug with a quarantine label on it, and pair of fluffy slippers. You never think it's going to happen until it happens. ;D

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." ~ Buddha.

If you're dealing with self esteem issues, maybe click here. There may be something you find useful. :)
Above all... remember: you are beautiful, you are valuable, and you have a shining spark of magnificence within you. Don't let anyone take that from you. Embrace who you are. <3
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Lori Dee

Quote from: Sephirah on September 17, 2024, 05:44:47 PMLOL!

I bought my GF a "zombie apocalypse preparedness kit" for a Christmas present the other year. It basically consisted of a coffee mug with a quarantine label on it, and pair of fluffy slippers. You never think it's going to happen until it happens. ;D

I was a Boy Scout. Motto: "Be Prepared".

My Jeep on a Rock Hunting trip at the Fairburn Agate Beds.

;D

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Lori Dee on September 17, 2024, 06:04:22 PMI was a Boy Scout. Motto: "Be Prepared".

My Jeep on a Rock Hunting trip at the Fairburn Agate Beds.

;D

Lori you are never going to impress a Brit with a car, lol. I don't care how tricked out it is. It's just not in our nature when we pay close to $9 a gallon for fuel.

•  

Lori Dee

Quote from: Sephirah on September 17, 2024, 08:31:01 PMLori you are never going to impress a Brit with a car, lol. I don't care how tricked out it is. It's just not in our nature when we pay close to $9 a gallon for fuel.

You should see my 10-gallon fuel tank.  ;)  ;D

•  

Gaydave

George a Romeo best zombie director made all the N.O.T.L.D films.

Sure wish I see the new TWD series