Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Rhinoplasty Revision

Started by Debra, December 24, 2018, 11:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debra

So I'd been planning this for a while but I had a rhinoplasty revision with my doctor this month.

A year ago, I had my 1 year post-op appointment and I wasn't sure if I really needed or wanted a revision. It's true the nose wasn't shaped quite as I'd wanted it to be and the doctor agreed that there was a slight bump before the tip....which ends up keeping it from having that pleasing ski slope look. Even still, I wasn't sure I wanted to go through an excessive surgery again just for a small bump when FFS in general had a huge impact on my confidence.

I think I was convinced by two things. One, the doctor was wlling to do the revision for free (which means he waives his fees but I still would pay hospital and anesthesia fees) and two, he claimed the recovery would be much easier. So we scheduled it for this month and I scheduled the proper time off and found myself in San Francisco again in December.

The surgery went well. He said he took out mostly scar tissue (but a little bit more cartilage as well) and that has led us to believe that he should have had me taping my nose for the recovery of the last surgery 2 years ago. So this time, I'm taping my nose for a month and I may even keep taping it at night for another month after that.

I'm almost at 2 weeks post-op now and feeling pretty good about the results. Between FFS, hair transplants, and this over the last 3 years, I'm feeling like it'd be nice to not have any more surgeries for a while (if ever?) haha.

•  

Kendra

Debra that's great news.  Sounds like you are on track for a nice result, and your surgeon didn't charge for the revision.  Hospital fees are separate and involve staff and facilities so it's understandable to have to pay for that portion. 

Quote from: Debra on December 24, 2018, 11:58:12 AM
> So this time, I'm taping my nose for a month and I may even keep taping it at night for another month after that.

And I had thought tapes were replaced by digital recording these days.  ;)
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Debra

Quote from: Kendra on December 24, 2018, 12:41:32 PM
And I had thought tapes were replaced by digital recording these days.  ;)

LOL I see what you did there ;) Not gonna put a DVD on my nose, that's for sure!

Yeah fee-wise it was all good. Recovery wasn't too bad either.

•  

Ricki Wright

Well, it makes sense. Tape is magnetic which makes you more....attractive!

<hides>

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •