Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Eyeliner on "rolled over" eye

Started by Lucca, December 26, 2018, 11:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucca

I think it's called a "hooded eye," but I'm not sure. One of my eyes has the bottommost part of the lid roll under the top part when opened, which has caused my eyeliner to smudge onto the rest of the lid the couple times I've practiced applying it. Is there a trick to avoiding this and/or an eyeliner less prone to smudging that you can buy? (It really is just one eye; a lot of my body is slightly asymmetrical for some reason.)
  •  

Alanna1990

I have what you call "hooded eye", I didn't even knew that had a name, but anyways, makeup artists say you don't do eyeliner when you have that kind of eyelid, I say you do you, I always use eyeliner, just make sure you use a good one, one that dries up quickly enough so that doesn't happen to you, it's also a good idea to do your best and apply it as thin as possible, then you shouldn't have problems with it
  •  

Linde

I plan to get an eyeliner tattooed on.  My lids are OK, but I cannot keep my eyes from pressing shut, if I come only near to them with any instrument!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Lucca

Quote from: Alanna1990 on December 26, 2018, 11:45:52 AM
I have what you call "hooded eye", I didn't even knew that had a name, but anyways, makeup artists say you don't do eyeliner when you have that kind of eyelid, I say you do you, I always use eyeliner, just make sure you use a good one, one that dries up quickly enough so that doesn't happen to you, it's also a good idea to do your best and apply it as thin as possible, then you shouldn't have problems with it

I really like heavily made-up eyes, though. Surely there's something good-looking that can be done that takes advantage of hooded eyes somehow?
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Lucca on December 26, 2018, 01:52:24 PM
I really like heavily made-up eyes, though. Surely there's something good-looking that can be done that takes advantage of hooded eyes somehow?
They do tattoos for the entire eye lid, in fact you can get the entire makeup deal tattooed onto your face, including lips
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

sally0196

Lucca,

I have hooded eyes and because of that, I do not use eye liner on my upper lid.  Those of us with hooded eyes need all the help we can get to make our eyes look larger and eye liner on the upper lid does exactly the opposite.  I do wear a dark eye liner on the lower lid which doesn't have the same negative effect. In my experience, you can still do eye makeup that is "heavy" yet still enhance hooded eyes.  I learned a lot of tricks by watching videos on You Tube and then practicing the techniques I liked.

Doing eye makeup is challenging, but have fun learning the skill.

Hugs,

Sally
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

There is a way!  I finally figured it out.  It should work.

1) Clean the area
2) I then use a eye makeup primer.  You may not need this??  Or you may..
3) Now use translucent powder in the area where it smudges.  It will keep that area dry and the eyeliner and or mascara won't stick up there.
4) apply eyeliner
5) look up and let dry.

There are good YouTube videos that show this.  Find one about mascara smudge above eyes.

I'm older now and my skin started to drop into my eyes too.
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •