News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Sexual orientation?

Started by Beverly Anne, December 26, 2018, 05:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanePlain

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on January 22, 2019, 02:33:40 PM
Thank you for your reply Jane. I agree that the trans condition causes a feeling of physical intimacy feeling uncomfortable for want of a better word.
I too tried to fix myself with extra testosterone - it just made things worse.
A female hormone profile with female level T increases the desire for romance! Unfortunately my more feminine disposition doesnt fuel the fires for my darling S.O.

Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I can't send you half of this sex drive stuff Kirsten.   I don't know if you need or would want it for dealing with your SO but I think I could do with a tiny bit of it dialed down....

BTW now I REALLY like reading your posts Kirsten.  I would so love to hear more about your situation of trying to fix yourself with testosterone.  I thought I might be the only one so if nothing else its a relief you say that.  If your ever bored and want to PM someone (Waves hand) Because of cancer I had a year without either hormone being replaced which was truly horrible. 

I am just overloaded going from essentially zero sex drive to probably what would be considered a fairly average one but wow...   Its sure different.   The things that suddenly are of intense interest that I just wasn't noticing at all.  I haven't seen my therapist since this all started kicking in and because of more insurance drama I won't be seeing her for at least another couple of weeks.  SIGH...  So I should probably say I'm sorry if you ladies on Susan's feel like your being recruited to be my emergency therapists. 

Oh no... I just had the thought - hopefully I won't start checking out my TDocs figure or something.  Technically I know she is attractive but I never had this libido radar on.   Yuck I'm grossing myself out.  I feel ashamed watching the news because of the curvy weather lady...   

It REALLY is like puberty again!   
  •  

transspoonie

Reading all of your posts is fascinating to me; I want to reply to so many, but I don't think I have the time (or the energy, mentally) right now. So instead, I'll throw my two cents into the fountain of knowledge you've all shared with me.

I came out as a (terrified) bisexual kid at 11 or 12 years old. My gender, however I truly perceived it in that mentally foggy time, didn't factor into it. I like people, and am attracted to people, regardless of their gender. It was the only word I knew to describe what I felt at the time, and it was (and still is) an accurate label.

Then, I was pushed toward calling myself pansexual as the more "politically correct" or "transgender-inclusive" term a few years later. I was in a constant state of confusion on my early social media days, constantly learning and unlearning things about the LGBT community (not all of which were true, and some of which were downright malicious). The "inherent difference" between bi and pan, I later learned, was false; both bisexual people and pansexual people are capable of loving every gender under the sun, though not every bisexual person does.

Despite learning this, I didn't go back to using the term bisexual. First reason being, I strongly relate to the idea of being attracted to someone regardless of their gender, and that's not something every bisexual person feels. Second, after learning and seeing first-hand how the term "pansexual" has (sometimes) been used to exclude and other transgender people (as if they're less of a man, woman, or person), I want to reclaim it in some way. Third, I've been using it for over five years, and it feels weird to stop now.

More recently, I've also been referring to both my sexual orientation and gender identity as "queer," for the sake of simplicity. It feels like the best of all worlds for me, and if I don't want to explain further, I don't have to. No potential discourse about what "bi" means or "pan" means; if I say I'm queer, I'm just queer, and it's easier that way.

And before I go, I've also heard the "if you're FTM, that means you're straight, right?" comments from friends, family, and even total strangers. As if it boggles the mind that someone can be multiple parts of the acronym at once, or something. If I could, I'd direct them to my masculine-presenting, nonbinary spouse and ask "does this marriage look 'straight' to you?" 'Cause it sure doesn't look straight to me.

Alexander

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: JanePlain on January 23, 2019, 06:59:30 PM
I'm sorry I can't send you half of this sex drive stuff Kirsten.   I don't know if you need or would want it for dealing with your SO but I think I could do with a tiny bit of it dialed down....

BTW now I REALLY like reading your posts Kirsten.  I would so love to hear more about your situation of trying to fix yourself with testosterone.  I thought I might be the only one so if nothing else its a relief you say that.  If your ever bored and want to PM someone (Waves hand) Because of cancer I had a year without either hormone being replaced which was truly horrible. 

I am just overloaded going from essentially zero sex drive to probably what would be considered a fairly average one but wow...   Its sure different.   The things that suddenly are of intense interest that I just wasn't noticing at all.  I haven't seen my therapist since this all started kicking in and because of more insurance drama I won't be seeing her for at least another couple of weeks.  SIGH...  So I should probably say I'm sorry if you ladies on Susan's feel like your being recruited to be my emergency therapists. 

Oh no... I just had the thought - hopefully I won't start checking out my TDocs figure or something.  Technically I know she is attractive but I never had this libido radar on.   Yuck I'm grossing myself out.  I feel ashamed watching the news because of the curvy weather lady...   

It REALLY is like puberty again!
Yes I would be happy to PM later( after work ).

Kind regards, Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

AoifeB

Bi before hormones, bi after starting, leaning towards women both times. Guys I get picky with, women much less so.

Sent from my SM-S550TL using Tapatalk

•  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

jill610

I was a straight male. I'm now a straight female.

For me, once the divorce happened + estrogen, I no longer had a reason or desire to be forced to be attracted to anyone and found I'm not into women. I love my female friends but have absolutely zero sexual desire to be with a woman.

My fantasies have always put me into the female role and so it wasn't a surprise to me.

•  

Linde

Quote from: jill610 on January 25, 2019, 07:59:02 AM

For me, once the divorce happened + estrogen, I no longer had a reason or desire to be forced to be attracted to anyone and found I'm not into women. I love my female friends but have absolutely zero sexual desire to be with a woman.

My fantasies have always put me into the female role and so it wasn't a surprise to me.
It is just interesting to see how different people are. 
I was a straight male, did never even think about any interest in other males!  During my marriage, I was always the more passive part (my wife complained all the time why she had to always start any sexual activity).
After my divorce, and now with estrogen, I am still only interested in females.  I really try hard to find any attractions in men, I almost force myself to be attracted to guys, but it just will not work.  There is nothing in men I can find to be attractive!  I am still into women only, never changed my orientation at all.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Dana Thompson

Quote from: jill610 on January 25, 2019, 07:59:02 AM

I'm fighting really hard to keep my marriage right now but it's not looking good. I think that if we do end up separating, this will probably be me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: transspoonie on January 23, 2019, 08:25:38 PM
Reading all of your posts is fascinating to me; I want to reply to so many, but I don't think I have the time (or the energy, mentally) right now. So instead, I'll throw my two cents into the fountain of knowledge you've all shared with me.

I came out as a (terrified) bisexual kid at 11 or 12 years old. My gender, however I truly perceived it in that mentally foggy time, didn't factor into it. I like people, and am attracted to people, regardless of their gender. It was the only word I knew to describe what I felt at the time, and it was (and still is) an accurate label.

Then, I was pushed toward calling myself pansexual as the more "politically correct" or "transgender-inclusive" term a few years later. I was in a constant state of confusion on my early social media days, constantly learning and unlearning things about the LGBT community (not all of which were true, and some of which were downright malicious). The "inherent difference" between bi and pan, I later learned, was false; both bisexual people and pansexual people are capable of loving every gender under the sun, though not every bisexual person does.

Despite learning this, I didn't go back to using the term bisexual. First reason being, I strongly relate to the idea of being attracted to someone regardless of their gender, and that's not something every bisexual person feels. Second, after learning and seeing first-hand how the term "pansexual" has (sometimes) been used to exclude and other transgender people (as if they're less of a man, woman, or person), I want to reclaim it in some way. Third, I've been using it for over five years, and it feels weird to stop now.

More recently, I've also been referring to both my sexual orientation and gender identity as "queer," for the sake of simplicity. It feels like the best of all worlds for me, and if I don't want to explain further, I don't have to. No potential discourse about what "bi" means or "pan" means; if I say I'm queer, I'm just queer, and it's easier that way.

And before I go, I've also heard the "if you're FTM, that means you're straight, right?" comments from friends, family, and even total strangers. As if it boggles the mind that someone can be multiple parts of the acronym at once, or something. If I could, I'd direct them to my masculine-presenting, nonbinary spouse and ask "does this marriage look 'straight' to you?" 'Cause it sure doesn't look straight to me.

Alexander

I dislike acronyms and just have a general difficulty with following all the variations of sexual norms anymore.  Quite a long time I was getting serious with someone who told me that before we got too intimate I needed to understand she was "poly" and I thought "Oh!  she likes Birds?"  Maybe I'm just getting old or vegged out.  As long as I don't have to deal with someone who wants to take Bird Hormones....

Maybe someone saying "straight" is just trying to explain something in a way they get that is not registering on their radar.  By that I mean there are people who have lived very conventional lives and have no experience with or even heard of things like transexual people.  And I have a friend who is M2F married to a man in what I would say could be seen as a very conventional even "straight" marriage. 

Well.... at least to me anyway.
  •  

soyunachica

I haven't done hormones nor social transition yet, but I've always wanted to be on the female end of sex and romance.

I can have something for women, and pursued women for years thinking it would cure me. But no matter how confident, attractive, or people savvy, I grew, I couldn't keep a potential relationship going. Especially knowing the main intention of it was to bury myself.

Quietly I knew I acknowledged that I was maybe 15% attracted to men and the rest women pre-coming out as MtF 2 months ago. Post-coming out, I've stopped blocking any of those thoughts for men, and it's at least even between the two now. Who knows where that'll go.

Men can be so cute, but after having heard behind closed door discussions between guys, I'm afraid to be around them without my like male force field of protection. But orientation is like identity I guess, it is what it is, damning or not.
Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
Preferred pet: Felis catus
Preferred operating system: Linux!!!
  •  

Sabrina Rei

I've always had bisexual tendencies I did not act upon but in the past I've mostly been turned on by women. I'm announcing here that I am forming an exploratory committee to determine whether I'm into dudes because I find them absolutely intriguing lately. XD

Ericalaine

I have been watching romantic movies and thinking about this very subject.  As I am m2f I wanna be the woman desired by the man. As I have been on E for 18months my desires are changing! Straight heterosexual before and I mean totally into woman. My body is becoming softer and more feminine(long way to go) I am realizing that my thought process is changing in a lot of different venues.
It is scary when it comes to the sexual attraction aspect of things!! The reality is that body image and social prejudices scare me.
Pretty much thought I was asexual for the last 10 years. I was seriously thinking that when I was going to have my GCS surgery I was going to have neo vagina. Not anymore tho, I am leaning toward the vaginoplasty now. I want to be a fully functional female. As far as I can be. Thank you,Erica
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: elle's bells on January 26, 2019, 05:19:49 AM
I've always had bisexual tendencies I did not act upon but in the past I've mostly been turned on by women. I'm announcing here that I am forming an exploratory committee to determine whether I'm into dudes because I find them absolutely intriguing lately. XD

I am sure there will be no shortage of available committee members. I believe that I am going down the path of becoming a  transwoman into other trans people. notice i did not say lesbian.
  •  

Linde

I can send any of them I know over to you, because I am absolutely not interested in them!  I shut my committee down quite a while ago, because it showed that dudes don't do anything for me!
To make it clear, cis men don't do anything to me.  I am not sure how it would be with pre op trans women, or even trans men.  I think it is more the femininity than the perceived gender that makes people attractive to me?

•  

HappyMoni

If you are nominated, can I 'second' it?

As for the girl/beer picture, I only find it sad because I don't have a butt like that. I would find it offensive if the meme was to judge her intelligence based on her brand of beer. That would be wrong! She has a beautiful body and there is nothing wrong with showing it. As for the testing aspect of it, there is a bit of truth there. I look at her and think, "I'd love to have that body, but what in the heck would I do with her romantically?" Women are attractive, but not sexually appropriate for me, post transition. Nice to see I am not the only one with this change.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I am still sexually attracted only to women.    :)    :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 26, 2019, 09:30:26 AM
I am still sexually attracted only to women.    :)    :)

Chrissy
That makes already two of us!

•  

Carolin9837

You're defenetly not alone Beverly. I'm also only attracted to men. I just love it when men see me as a desirable female. I was lucky enough to find a man who truly fell in love with me and we're now in our second year of marriage. I never really liked girls. I just don't get what's supposed to be so hot about a girl. When I see a beautiful sexy girl the only thing that might happen is me getting jelous of her looks, lol.
  •  

GingerVicki

men and women are totally different. it is amazing that hrt can change people's viewpoints and perceptions. I can certainly tell the difference between the old me and the new me.

I am definitely not as visual and look for other things. I believe it is important to notice the changes cognitively and not randomly stumble upon them and not be ready.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 28, 2019, 01:46:21 PM
men and women are totally different. it is amazing that hrt can change people's viewpoints and perceptions. I can certainly tell the difference between the old me and the new me.

I am definitely not as visual and look for other things. I believe it is important to notice the changes cognitively and not randomly stumble upon them and not be ready.
I did not change at all (and I am working already 15 years or so on becoming a woman).  I still find women to be attractive, and I still cannot see anything interesting in men (unless we are talking bout cars, tractors and the like!  But I am still not interested in their bodies!)

•