Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Glasses and eyeshadow

Started by JaslineUK, December 27, 2018, 05:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaslineUK

I wear glasses and without them simply cannot see what I am putting on my eyes. Unfortunately with them on they just get in the way and I can't see what I am putting on my eyes.

Anyone had similar experience and how you got around it.

thanks
Jasline x
  •  

ChrissyRyan

You could try a magnifying mirror.  Usually they are two sided mirrors, one side with the normal reflection and the other side with magnification.  Some mirrors can be hand held, and others are on stands with some lighted.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

KathyLauren

I haven't really gotten into eye shadow.  Mostly, it is that I find it just too hard to put on: the damned pencil won't draw on my skin!  My eye treatment, when I use anything at all, consists of a bit of mascara.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

JaslineUK

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 27, 2018, 06:33:12 AM
You could try a magnifying mirror

Hi Chrissy - already have one of those, but all that happens is a get an enlarged blurred view of me  lol

Quote from: KathyLauren on December 27, 2018, 06:55:53 AM
I haven't really gotten into eye shadow.  Mostly, it is that I find it just too hard to put on: the damned pencil won't draw on my skin!  My eye treatment, when I use anything at all, consists of a bit of mascara.

I found one eyeliner pencil which works really well "Rimmell Exaggerate" I think it's liquid based. And I can get mascara on, just do it very slowly and more by touch that sight.

It's mainly the eye shadow which is really difficult, especially at the side of my eye. Usually ends up as a smudge which I have to blend so much it all but disappears   ::)
  •  

sally0196

I have a pair of makeup glasses that have one eye lens that can be moved over each eye while you apply shadow, liner and mascara to the other.  You can get them with different strengths just like readers.  I do prefer the magnifying mirror option though.

Hugs,

Sally
  •  

JaslineUK

Quote from: sally0196 on December 29, 2018, 10:39:53 AM
I have a pair of makeup glasses that have one eye lens that can be moved over each eye while you apply shadow, liner and mascara to the other.  You can get them with different strengths just like readers.

Thanks Sally that's exactly what I need. I didn't know you can get these so was about to split an ordinary pair of glasses

Jas x
  •  

IzzyM

I have exactly the same problem, exaggerated by the fact my left eye is so poor even my glasses don't correct it, so while I can sort of do my left eye when it comes to closing my right eye all I get is a big blur.

The answer so far has been stick to mascara...

But thanks to Sally's suggestion:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/258-2718719-1190607?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=makeup+glasses

There are plenty of options on amazon....

It isn't hard at all to make a wish. The difficultly lies in how to make what you wish for a reality
  •