Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

My gender workbook by Kate Bornstein

Started by CosmicJoke, December 30, 2018, 03:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicJoke

Has anybody ever read this book? I haven't read this book completely, but it's a book that I got years ago and in my opinion it's a great book for any transgender person to own.

•  

Michelle_P

It's an excellent book.  There is a new edition, "My New Gender Workbook", updated considerably from the 1997 version.

The book covers the entire gender-variant community, and is a useful tool in educating ourselves and others.  Some content is arguably political, but then that nicely describes the cultural interaction with gender-variant individuals.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

CosmicJoke

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 30, 2018, 10:42:08 PM
It's an excellent book.  There is a new edition, "My New Gender Workbook", updated considerably from the 1997 version.

The book covers the entire gender-variant community, and is a useful tool in educating ourselves and others.  Some content is arguably political, but then that nicely describes the cultural interaction with gender-variant individuals.

Sounds interesting. The one that I have is the 1997 version, but I would probably be interested in the new version as well. Thank you for telling me about it. :-)
  •