Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, December 30, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Jade on January 25, 2019, 08:55:26 AM
Hi Danielle,
Just catching up after a busy period for me at work.
Looks like your thread is full of life, cookies and tax returns.
I don't envy your work load coming up, I remember how busy you were last year, but think of your progress since then, it seems its been a really great year for you all round. Im so happy for you.
I could do with a brief update on your suitors though, as this seems to be a baking and alcohol thread recently!!! A good combination for entertaining though...

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D
@Katie Jade
Dear Katie... and all my readers and followers:

UPDATE  Friday January 25, 2019  6:50 AM
Thank you for your thoughts and I am happy that you have been checking up on me....
.... You are right, my thread here has always had twists and turns....  it is not always about my romantic endeavors, nor is it always about cookies, baking and cooking...
.... but for sure, tax season is upon me and my little business and I will be a busy girl for several months now, but thankfully there will be days and times that I can concentrate on my other tasks... and certainly I will keep involved in my gym-gals group, book club, some civic activities, the next door coffee shop goings-on, and of course my romantic entanglements.

I know that I have been getting many inquiries regarding my suitors especially from many of my newer readers and followers that have not done a lot of reading of my original "Hunted Prey" thread (Link at the bottom of any of my posted pages) ...and most of you are aware that I a not been sharing that part of my life as much as I had in the past.   First off, the fast paced romantic activities in the past year have boiled down to just 3 active suitors... but I have lately been approached by a couple more suitor opportunities that I am being careful to not get involved in too fast unless there is obvious chemistry. 
I will obviously write more about some of these new tentative newer suitors at a later time.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
To recap my past and present suitors... here is a refresher:

Male Suitor #1   This guy was my very first real date and romance right about the time that I came-out to my town back last Spring.   The relationship turned sour when he got involved with another gal that kept loudly bad-mouthing me a the coffee shop because of my trans-woman status.   Initially he was very accepting and I was quite sweet on him and had several wonderful dates... but he caved into his new girlfriend.   I dumped him before he dumped me right in the coffee shop among the employees and customers there that were backing my position... he and his girlfriend were strongly and publicly reprimanded and told to shut up by the coffee shop owner.  Any romantic or even friendly exchanges are done and over with.

Creepy GymGuy Suitor #2
    As his name implies I met him or rather he came on to me when I first started going to the gym last Spring with several of my Gym-Gals friend.   He was creepy indeed and would not back off, but there was safety in numbers... my gym-gals group ladies came to my rescue and fending him off....  they are my body guards!!!   I recommend to all of my friends that are transitioning that they try to stay with a friend or friends when initially out and about... again, safety in numbers whether it is guys or gals that are visibly and audibly being non-accepting.  There is no relationship and won't be.

ShyGuy Suitor #3   As his name implies, he is very shy and slow to act on romantic endeavors... and he is a very nice gentleman.   We have been on numerous and enjoyable dinner dates, summer hiking and picnic dates, and he comes into my office frequently with my favorite coffee and treats mostly from the next door coffee shop.   He is becoming less shy as time goes on and sometimes he is rather bold and outgoing with his romantic overtures and our relationship continues.

Dental Hygienist Suitor #4
  As most of my readers know, she is my favorite and she is so very sweet.  For those that are not aware, last Spring I was at my dentist getting my a checkup and getting my teeth cleaned.  She was the Hygienist that figured out that I was a trans-woman before I came out to my town.  Evidently the shape and size of one's mouth and the size of key teeth like the upper front centrals and the far back molars are a dead give-away.   She was initially and now is very accepting.   My forums friends and I fondly call her my ToothFairy.  She is a part of my Gym-Gals group of 5 cis-women and myself.   We have been on many, many wonderful dates, road trips, hiking adventures and romantic dinners at her home and at my home.  She is my favorite but I am hesitant to make her my exclusive romance... and she is OK with that.   What the future may hold for us is exciting to ponder.

Barista Suitor #5   She is my favorite barista at the coffee shop.   She knows who my other suitors are and when they come into the coffee shop to buy coffee for me, she has fun with the colors of the Lids that she puts on the take-out cups.   I am not certain who started the infamous PINK LID, but I think it was the Barista along with my friendly coffee shop owner that ordered a small supply of them apparently just for me.   I have had Pink Lids on coffee brought to me by all 3 of my suitors...  it always warms my heart to see the Pink Lid when I get coffee brought to me.   She is very sweet, we have been on just a few dates, and a few shopping trips together... she is lots of fun.
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

So anyway... I hope that this "Suitor Summary" helps my newer readers understand the mentions of my "Suitor numbers" in some of the comments on my thread and other various threads..

Here I am at my office, it is just 6:50 am  here now, I have my coffee on my desk...
... just a standard White LID today :(  ... and I am getting ready to start work on taxes for the early filers.

Please feel free to post and share here on my thread about anything you wish...  I love it when my followers feel comfortable enough here to HiJack my thread.... no worries, it will always get back on track.

Hugs and well wishes to all..... I trust that your day will be a good one for you.
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Donica

I had forgotten about suitors 1 and 2. Both of them sound creapy to me. I'm glad they are no longer a problem for you.

Hugs Danielle!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 25, 2019, 10:01:36 AM
@Katie Jade
="but I have lately been approached by a couple more suitor opportunities that I am being careful to not get involved in too fast unless there is obvious chemistry. "

........ What can I say, but as you are clearly an attractive woman, and in many ways, you will attract attention.
Im so truly happy for you that you have these potential opportunities. As you imply, do tread carefully, my friend, indeed as you have done so far. I'm so exited for you, and I hope you can share snippets of your new potential suitors and/or friends with us soon, if you want to or can do of course.
Waiting with baited breath......(Squeeeeeee!!!!!...)

Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :'( :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Jenny1969

Danielle

Im glad you are so energetic!!!!   Stay warm and keep the post coming.

Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

LizK

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 25, 2019, 10:01:36 AM

Please feel free to post and share here on my thread about anything you wish...  I love it when my followers feel comfortable enough here to HiJack my thread.... no worries, it will always get back on track.

Hugs and well wishes to all..... I trust that your day will be a good one for you.
Danielle

@Alaskan Danielle

Hi Danielle

Thanks for the updates its awhile since I have had the chance to catch up on your thread as I have been a little distracted lol  :) Nice to hear about all the potential suitoirs and it now seems the field is narrowing a bit. It always seemed to me that Shyguy and Toothfairy were your unoffical favourites due to the number of dates you had. I am happy for you that you actually have so many potential "suitors"....and the field narrows...

take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE   Sunday morning  January 27, 2019   5:30am
Good EARLY morning everyone....  it is a "beautiful" Sunday morning... well, I am not sure about "beautiful" but is is good to be alive and to see myself in the mirror this morning after my shower!!!!   

It is cloudy outside but not stormy, and we are having a heatwave... it is  +7 deg F ...  I know that a lot of my forums friends in the upper Midwest in states like Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan are having a bitter cold-blast, my advice, stay in, stay warm, stay dry, and if you go out and about be sure to bundle up and drive safely...   this is good advice coming from an Alaska girl.   

Then, of course my forums friends down under in Australia and New Zealand are having their "Summer" heatwaves.

I worked all day yesterday, Saturday, tax and finance work for my early tax filers...  so far it has been a fairly easy task, no one brought in boxes of unorganized and mixed receipts expecting me to straighten it all out for them... that will come later, usually near the tax due deadline in the month of April.

I am planning to take the day OFF today, 6 days on the job gets very tiring for sure.   I will be going to church this morning and then I think I will spend time with my Tooth Fairy #4 and have lunch out with her.... then I may go home, take a Sunday afternoon nap, turn on my propane fireplace and then get started on my new "Bookclub" book that I mentions in my thread:   "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Of course I will also have my laptop nearby and keep abreast of the goings-on here on the Forums...  please feel free to post or to PM me is you have something to chat about or just want to share your thoughts.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day today... I will be looking for your postings around the various threads.

Hugs, and well wishes to you all.
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

Thanks for your lovely update Danielle.

I am glad you get to take the day off. And some lovely time with your tooth fairy sounds like a perfect plan for a Sunday.

I know you are just trying to gauge how attentive we are to your thread... #5? Wasn't that the Barista? Isn't the tooth fairy #4?

I hope you have a lovely day and stay warm!!!

Hugs,

Sarah

5:30 sounds early for a late starter and night person like me, but I have to admit, I was already out meeting with my all female running group early this morning. Yesterday's run was in 20F, today it was comparable warm at 30F. Next weekend with the bitter cold boat coming through, many already announced that runs will happen on a treadmill in the many gyms.

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 27, 2019, 08:38:59 AM
Good EARLY morning everyone....  it is a "beautiful" Sunday morning... well, I am not sure about "beautiful" but is is good to be alive and to see myself in the mirror this morning after my shower!!!!   

It is cloudy outside but not stormy, and we are having a heatwave... it is  +7 deg F ...  I know that a lot of my forums friends in the upper Midwest in states like Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan are having a bitter cold-blast, my advice, stay in, stay warm, stay dry, and if you go out and about be sure to bundle up and drive safely...   this is good advice coming from an Alaska girl.   

Then, of course my forums friends down under in Australia and New Zealand are having their "Summer" heatwaves.

I worked all day yesterday, Saturday, tax and finance work for my early tax filers...  so far it has been a fairly easy task, no one brought in boxes of unorganized and mixed receipts expecting me to straighten it all out for them... that will come later, usually near the tax due deadline in the month of April.

I am planning to take the day OFF today, 6 days on the job gets very tiring for sure.   I will be going to church this morning and then I think I will spend time with my Tooth Fairy #5 and have lunch out with her.... then I may go home, take a Sunday afternoon nap, turn on my propane fireplace and then get started on my new "Bookclub" book that I mentions in my thread:   "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Of course I will also have my laptop nearby and keep abreast of the goings-on here on the Forums...  please feel free to post or to PM me is you have something to chat about or just want to share your thoughts.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day today... I will be looking for your postings around the various threads.

Danielle

•  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 27, 2019, 08:38:59 AM

I am planning to take the day OFF today, 6 days on the job gets very tiring for sure.   I will be going to church this morning and then I think I will spend time with my Tooth Fairy #4 and have lunch out with her.... then I may go home, take a Sunday afternoon nap, turn on my propane fireplace and then get started on my new "Bookclub" book that I mentions in my thread:   "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Danielle

Hey, girl, you forgot Illinois in that list! Here in northern Illinois, we're expecting another 8 inches of snow by tomorrow evening, and it will be a high of -16 with a low of -26 on Wednesday - Alaska weather! I once had a neighbor from Alaska who told me that sometimes it actually gets colder here than way up there. I believe her! Enjoy your heat wave and I hope you really enjoy your relaxing Sunday. It sounds wonderful! [emoji3590][emoji846]

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on January 27, 2019, 08:52:43 AM
Thanks for your lovely update Danielle.

I am glad you get to take the day off. And some lovely time with your tooth fairy sounds like a perfect plan for a Sunday.

I know you are just trying to gauge how attentive we are to your thread... #5? Wasn't that the Barista? Isn't the tooth fairy #4?

I hope you have a lovely day and stay warm!!!

Hugs,

Sarah

5:30 sounds early for a late starter and night person like me, but I have to admit, I was already out meeting with my all female running group early this morning. Yesterday's run was in 20F, today it was comparable warm at 30F. Next weekend with the bitter cold boat coming through, many already announced that runs will happen on a treadmill in the many gyms.
@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
Thanks for your thoughts.
Oh yeah, right before you posted your reply I saw my error regarding my ToothFaries suitor number and immediate corrected it but you must have "grabbed" the quote before I changed it.

Good news on your running group training early this morning... probably a smart move to train indoors on treadmills when it does get bitter cold.  The gym here is a busy place when the really cold temps and snow hits us.

Thanks for reading and following my thread... and for your reply postings.

HUGS,
Danielle

•  

Jaime320

Quote from: SarahWithin on January 27, 2019, 11:34:07 AM
Hey, girl, you forgot Illinois in that list! Here in northern Illinois, we're expecting another 8 inches of snow by tomorrow evening, and it will be a high of -16 with a low of -26 on Wednesday - Alaska weather! I once had a neighbor from Alaska who told me that sometimes it actually gets colder here than way up there. I believe her! Enjoy your heat wave and I hope you really enjoy your relaxing Sunday. It sounds wonderful! [emoji3590][emoji846]

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]

I keep asking why I left Florida today.  Not looking forward to Wednesday,  but I'll likely be out somewhere on north side.  I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
  •  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Jaime320 on January 27, 2019, 02:01:05 PM
I keep asking why I left Florida today.  Not looking forward to Wednesday,  but I'll likely be out somewhere on north side.  I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
I don't blame you, Jaime. I'm near the Wisconsin border and am hibernating tomorrow. Good day to stay in my nightgown and robe and curl up with my phone, tablet, tv and hot cocoa!

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: SarahWithin on January 27, 2019, 11:34:07 AM

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
I'm right in the middle of it. Two weeks ago I played golf here, outside. This weather sucks.

I'm driving to Appleton from Milwaukee tonight rather than my usual Monday morning because it sounds like I won't be able to tomorrow. Adding insult to injury, while I'm up there working and dealing with the snow and the 84 straight hours of forecast below zero temps, my wife and eldest daughter will be in Jamaica.

I'm trying to come up with an "at least I'll have... " ending to this but I can't think of anything.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

davina61

best not complain its cold then when it was +5C but some serious wind chill today
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jaime320

Quote from: SarahWithin on January 27, 2019, 02:03:47 PM
I don't blame you, Jaime. I'm near the Wisconsin border and am hibernating tomorrow. Good day to stay in my nightgown and robe and curl up with my phone, tablet, tv and hot cocoa!

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
@SarahWithin
Sounds like a plan. I wish that were an option for me. Gotta leave hotel at 10,  & meetings at 7.
  •  

KatieP

Would I be thrown off this thread if I mentioned that it was in the mid-70s (F) here in SoCal today? Hot enough that I wore T-shirt, shorts and bare feet all day... Thought about going to the beach...

No. I better not mention any of that here...

;D

Kate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KatieP on January 27, 2019, 10:03:08 PM
Would I be thrown off this thread if I mentioned that it was in the mid-70s (F) here in SoCal today? Hot enough that I wore T-shirt, shorts and bare feet all day... Thought about going to the beach...

No. I better not mention any of that here...

;D

Kate
@KatieP
Well, you might get some reaction from our freezing friends in the upper Midwest this week.
Personally I am quite fond of the dramatic change is seasons here where I live.
We are well prepared here for the bitter cold temperatures so it has it's own unique kind of beauty for sure.

Thank you for sharing and posting.  Enjoy your days in the land of milk and honey and everything California is known for.  :o
HUGS,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

How did I miss your lovely new avatar, my dear Danielle?

Looking great!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

davina61

Just to say that snow is forecast here Tues night through Wed day, meanwhile the BFF is in OZ in 40c + heatwave!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

SarahWithin

Just to let you know quickly, my dear, in response to your PM to me, still merging and I can't PM you yet.

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on January 28, 2019, 02:17:35 PM
Just to say that snow is forecast here Tues night through Wed day, meanwhile the BFF is in OZ in 40c + heatwave!!!

@davina61
Oh yeah, I definitely have experience with being down-under during their Summer in January.   Last January I was in Australia and New Zealand for the entire month.  Toward the last week of my trip the temperature in Sydney, the surrounding towns... and up further North in Cairns it was just about unbearable for this Alaska girl. 
Not only were the temperatures over 100 deg F  and on a few days more than  105 deg F  (+41 deg C)  .... and the humidity in Cairnes when I went to the Barrier Reef to snorkel was oppressive near 100%.

It was a fun trip and when I landed back in Alaska it was  -23 deg F  (-31 deg C)  ... that is a huge temperature delta.

Thank you for posting and sharing your thoughts.  You are always very welcome here on my thread.
Hugs,
Danielle

•