Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, December 30, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Bookmarked Danielle as is your Hunted Pray thread!!! Gosh those molasses cookies look soooo delish!!! Thank you for sharing you journey with us. Nothing lost. Just a new chapter.

Wishing you a joyful New Years celebration with your family back home.

Happy New Year Danielle!
Warm hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

HappyMoni

Danielle,
   I expect you had very mixed emotions going back and seeing everyone. It took some guts to do that. I know the cool reception and dead naming from some is definitely unpleasant. I just hope no one has truly hurt you deeply by anything they do. I fully expect you did what you always do, handle yourself with class. Shame on anyone who hurts you. Hugs!
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

KatieP

So, I have long wondered WHY people have a hard time moving to new names/pronouns. I don't think it is typically malicious, especially with friends and family. There has to be more. Sure there is a habit to break, but after a few weeks, one would think the habit would have been broken. Others have talked about "grieving" for the former person. I think for some people, they just don't look sufficiently like the target gender, and so it is just hard to overcome all of the societal conditioning. But I would think even this would be overcome in not that long a time.

I have never had a deep conversation with someone close who misgendered/deadnamed me, but even if I did, I don't know that they would have cogent answers either.

But whatever the answers, really, I can't imagine any of them really applying to you, Danielle. Two years full time, and I have seen your pictures, I would think there is not much male left to see even looking very hard. I sort of think: If YOU have these problems, what sort of disaster am I facing?

So, Danielle, to what do you attribute your family's slow uptake?

Thank you for the insights...

Katie
  •  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE:   December 31, 2018  1:45PM   NEW YEAR'S EVE

Here I am still on my trip back home to see my parents, extended family and old friends.   It has gone better than I expected but still experiencing stubborness from a few, but overall I am being accepted better that I thought I would be. 

Big New Year's Eve gathering tonight, I will be seeing people that I have not seen for 2 or 3 years.  My contributions to the gathering is more baking, I did a big batch of Molasses Cookies yesterday and now I am busy making more cookies, this time my famous SnickerDoodles.   

I am more that sure that my cookies are helping with my acceptance here.    ;) ;)

My mom has been warming up and most of my cousins and old friends are now starting to gender me correctly and use my new name...   there are still several hold-outs however, my dad included.  I suppose is can be most difficult for a father to find out that his son is now a daughter....  I will continue to take the high road and be as loving and respectful to him and others that are finding difficulty with accepting me. 
I am continuing to present myself as a happy friendly person that I have always been... and as a woman, a daughter, and a friend.
~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

I want to take this opportunity to wish all of my readers, followers, and my supportive friends here on my thread and on the Forums a very
                 HAPPY NEW YEAR    in 2019.  
I look forward to following your journey in this next year

Hugs and warmest wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Stevi

QuoteHAPPY NEW YEAR    in 2019.   

Couldn't have said it better!

Good to hear that those warm cookies are melting some hearts.

My best to you,
Stevi
  •  

Jessica

Oh, Northern Star*Girl it's nearing a year that Aspiring Person came into our lives.  You were a bright light that dazzled all that saw you.  New, smart, caring and full of hope.
We were friends while you debated changing your name. We were already good friends when you created Hunted Prey
You were so nervous........
You have helped me sort out quite a bit too......oof!

Now here we are entering a new year with a new chapter of Alaskan Danielle ....what will it hold for us?
Will it bring continued toasty toes with your tooth fairy?
Will it see a new personality on Life Below Zero recapping
Hunted Prey??
Will it bring more cookies?!!!
New flights over the wild, which abounds seemingly endless?
New pictures of back country trails?
How about some sweaty pics?  Add them to the rest....
Will Shy Guy find a bold way to your heart or .........
will Suitor #4 hold it next to hers?
It certainly will hold more of the many kind words to those reaching out.
It will certainly show a happy, successful, respectful woman's life.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

Have a wonderful and Happy New Year

cc: @Alaskan Danielle

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Nicole70

Dear Danielle,

Happy New Year [emoji3060]

I hope you have a wonderful 2019, and you continue to improve family relations, and that you find love and happiness with your tooth fairy suitor.

Thank you for your continued support and frequent updates of goings on in Alaska.

Hugs

Nicole
  •  

stephaniec

•  

BritneyX

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 30, 2018, 05:38:05 PM
UPDATE:  December 30, 2018
As my followers and friends are aware, it has been 2 years since I came out full time, quit my male-mode gainful employment and relocated thousands of miles away to my new home in small town Alaska as a woman to start my own small business.   It has been an exciting 2 years in my new home town, I have developed many new friends, men and women, and have found myself pursued by quite a few suitors. .... 
....of special note is my Dental Hygienist Suitor #4

When I left my family and parents 2 years ago, none of them accepted me and my transition decision, but my parents are not getting any younger and it was important for me go finally go back home for the first time in 2 years... after-all they are my parents and family and will always be.

I think that it is important in our life and relationship decisions that do not want to have any regrets later on in life... so I decided to finally take the long trip back "home" to visit my parents, extended family and friends.
As I expected, I am so far finding "reserved" acceptance, but I am working hard on showing my family and friends that I am a responsible and respectable woman.   Some of my extended family members and old friends did not recognize me when I arrived.

For our family New Year's Eve celebration tomorrow night I am making a big batch of my famous Molasses Cookies....

I will keep you all up to date as my visit continues........
Hugs,
Danielle

Not to be so bold, but with scrumptious cookies like that, expect far more suitors!    They look amazingly delish!  Bon appetite et bonne annĂ©e!
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •  

Cassi

New adventures for 2019!

I hope that your family accepts and loves you for the wonderful person you are.  I have taken my time letting family know, especially extended and for the most part it's "As long as you're happy".  The only negative person is my 8 years younger brother who cannot except what's happening but that's one of quite a few.

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

BritneyX

Quote from: Jessica on December 31, 2018, 06:09:28 PM
Oh, Northern Star*Girl it's nearing a year that Aspiring Person came into our lives.  You were a bright light that dazzled all that saw you.  New, smart, caring and full of hope.
We were friends while you debated changing your name. We were already good friends when you created Hunted Prey
You were so nervous........
You have helped me sort out quite a bit too......oof!

Now here we are entering a new year with a new chapter of Alaskan Danielle ....what will it hold for us?
Will it bring continued toasty toes with your tooth fairy?
Will it see a new personality on Life Below Zero recapping
Hunted Prey??
Will it bring more cookies?!!!
New flights over the wild, which abounds seemingly endless?
New pictures of back country trails?
How about some sweaty pics?  Add them to the rest....
Will Shy Guy find a bold way to your heart or .........
will Suitor #4 hold it next to hers?
It certainly will hold more of the many kind words to those reaching out.
It will certainly show a happy, successful, respectful woman's life.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

Have a wonderful and Happy New Year

cc: @Alaskan Danielle

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....
http://selectiveappeal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/empty-cookie-plate.jpg

"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •  

islandgirl

Hi Danielle! Happy New Year! Moving on to a new thread seems a natural progression to me! You have had quite the past two years and now entering a new year, are in a different stage in your life! I am looking forward to following you as you continue working and playing in your community and with your friends! I am not on here as much these days as I am not dealing with things very well and as such kind of stuck doing nothing. Hopefully I will gain more resolve entering the new year and have that 'new beginning' that I am looking for!

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Jenny1969

Happy New Year Danielle!!  Those cookies look great as do you.  It sounds like you are going to need a vacation from your vacation once your back in the cold frontier. Picture this.  A log cabin in the great  Alaskan Tundra, crackling fireplace white bear skin rug, (polar bear) large cup of hot chocolate with whip cream and streaming Netflix!!!   That's what I invasion Alaska to be.......I'm pretty sure I am way way off base on that one huh!!!  LOL   

I am still reading the 100 or so pages of wonderful and quirky episodes of your new life. I just have one question.....Who is going to play Danielle in the movie?

I hope I can stay as positive as you during my upcoming unknowns.

Looking forward to more escapades......and no that's not a challenge......unless you like challenges!!!  ;)

Later

Jenny
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Jenny1969

Danielle

I have been up all night trying to remember the name of an old TV show that your story reminded me of.   I finally got it.   Northern Exposure!!    I was wondering if you have ever seen or heard of it. I was a really nicely done show about a small town in Alaska similar to yours.    Just curious.

Jenny
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

sarah1972

My dear friend Danielle!

Happy New Year! May it bring you love, happiness, health, peace and success.

It was just last March that you have sent me the first PM and I am incredibly honored to count you as my friend. You have listened and helped me countless times, I have been rooting for a good outcome of the accidental discovery of your past and even more for you finding love. I was incredibly happy for you to have found acceptance in a place I would have considered very challenging. I was even more happy when I read that the very sweet tooth fairy had conquered your heart.

We also shared reading the same books and you have endured some of my craziness.

Thank you very much for your friendship.

I hope 2019 will be a good year for you: deepen your relationship with your girlfriend and continuing to improve your relationship with your family (I am excited to hear it is going reasonably well).

Hugs and Love

Sarah

•  

Autrement

Dear Danielle,

Happy new year!

Thanks for sharing with all of us so many inspiring stories about your life.

As the other followers, I am glad that you have been welcomed by your family and old friends better than what you expected. You are so patient, loving and courageous, that I am sure at the end everyone will realise that to just deserve respect and love!

Hugs.

Pascale
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Autrement  @sarah1972  @Jenny1969  @islandgirl
@Cassi   @stephaniec  @Nicole70   @Jessica    @Stevi  @emma-f
@KatieP   @HappyMoni  @Donica   @Paige   @KathyLauren  @BritneyX
@BrianaJ    @Nina  @davina61   @EllenJ2003  @JudiBlueEyes
@Anne Blake   @Liina   @Rachel   @ChrissyRyan   @JulieAllana

Thank you to my friends and my followers that so far have come to my NEW CHAPTER thread.

I really appreciate that you have shared your warm thoughts and happy greetings with me.
Here we all are, in a brand new year with brand new life events ahead of us that we have planned.
I am eagerly looking forward to hearing more about your personal journeys in this NEW YEAR.

Please know that all of you and all of my readers and followers are ALWAYS very welcome to post whatever you wish here.   
As with my previous thread, please come here whenever you want to share your varied thoughts with me and other members.

PLEASE consider my thread my family guest room that you are most welcome to spend your time here and you can even "eat" some of the cookies that I bake from time to time. 
I have put out on a plate of them on my coffee table.

I am planning a little later today to post my UPDATE and let you all know how my family visit is going... 

Hugs and well wishes and hoping that you all will have a wonderful and happy New Year.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Katie Jade

A bit late as usual (am I ever on time..) but happy new year Danielle. Well done with your family situation by the way. Looks like this new thread will do well, but down to business, what's the current gossip, what's been going on, on New years day.. please, I'm hungry for news..?????? :)
Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

GordonG

Danielle
I'll be following this thread better than your last one. Sorry but I didn't make it all the way through.

I appreciate you very much, you are one of the "rocks" of this forum. Oh, and a role model to boot.

Thanks
Gordon
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Jennifer M

Danielle, I had no idea you had a second career as a stock photo model. (I saw one and immediately thought of you.)

<edit by moderator>

•