Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, December 30, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jennifer M on January 02, 2019, 12:58:06 AM
Danielle, I had no idea you had a second career as a stock photo model. (I saw it and immediately thought of you.)
      <edit note>  Link not allowed
@Jennifer M
Dear Jennifer:   
Thank you for the kind compliment ...
....but I am most certainly older and older looking and also not as skinny as the stock photo model you mentioned.. 
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Lacy

@Alaskan Danielle,
I am glad to hear your trip back to see your family and friends is going mostly well! I was nervous for you! Thank you for encouraging me with my family relationships even while you were having to deal with some tough times with your own.

I am glad your mother seems to be warming up! The love of a mother is an amazing thing.
I hope your dad is able to see what an amazing daughter he has, and can handle the difficulty he is going through with seeing his "son" is gone. I imagine that is a difficult thing for a father to do.

May you have a very Happy New Year and may your magic cookies bring warm and gooey feelings back to you from those who partake!

Hugs!
Lacy

P.S. Love the new avatar! Your smile is infectious!
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Northern Star Girl

@RealLacy  @GordonG   @Katie Jade
Thank you ladies for your warm greetings and kind comments....

I am  so happy to see that you have found my new thread....  it really won't be much different from my old thread but there will be more stuff about the real every day life that I am now living and a lot less about my transition and coming out journey which is all but complete at this point.

Not to worry however, there is still more to come regarding my various suitors and friends, my gym gals group, my book club group and my continuing adventures in my next door coffee shop... and of course my various activities such as hiking, running groups, etc...

I wish to thank you for following me here to my new thread, and of course my previous personal "Hunted Prey" thread is still very available for reading and catching up on my past escapades and details... 
The LINKS for my "Hunted Prey" thread and all of my other threads are always listed near the signature line at the bottom of the page of any of my postings around the Forums.

Hugs and well wishes to you all...
Danielle

•  

Jenny1969

Glad all is well.     Have you ever watched "Notthern Exposure "?
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

sarah1972

My dear Danielle -

I am very much looking forward reading about your continued adventures. The last few weeks have almost been like a season break on my most favorite TV series.

Funny you mentioned coffee shop, my Therapist recently mentioned I should try to work from a coffee shop for a few hours each week to get my head out of my basement. We have an artisan coffee shop close by, maybe I should give it a try...

Thank you as always for your continued updates on your life!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE January 03, 2019

Well, my week long visit "back home" is officially coming to an end.  I will be flying out late this afternoon and arriving back in Alaska tomorrow morning.  It will be arduous and tiring flights because of 2 stops and plane changes... and questionable connections and the late hours....   but I very much need to get back to work to take care of many of my clients end-of calendar-year record keeping and reports.

My visit went fairly well, I gained acceptance from many, but unfortunately the most obstinate and stubborn resistance was from my Dad and a few extended family members.   Many of my old friends seemed to warm up to me once I met with them and spent time with them.

This was an important trip for me.  It has always been important to me to not burn any bridges, especially with family members... so I am very glad that I came.

Today before I started my trek "North to Alaska"  I went out lunch with a group of younger gals, cousins and nieces that I got to know... most all of them were very accepting of me and welcomed me into their conversations. 
They actually planned the event and specifically invited me along...  they had all "heard" various things about me and wanted to find out more about this new person called Danielle ...  *nice*  :)

I will be writing more as time permits.
Thanks for reading and following.  I always appreciate your support and comments.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

Danielle, I love all this family bonding for you with your family, when the girls in the family want to know and support you it is such a brilliant feeling. I think you have more that I have in direct family though, and they all seem to have that disarming smile you have as well, seriously envious!!
Looking forward as so many do to hearing more of your adventures and achievements in your journey.
Again, just loving it all for you.
Take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Danielle,

I am glad that you are having a good visit with your family.  I wish you safe travels back home.

Take care,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jenny1969 on January 03, 2019, 02:38:33 PM
Glad all is well.     Have you ever watched "Notthern Exposure "?

@Jenny1969
Dear Jenny: 
Yes, I have watched television reruns of Northern Exposure in the past.   Interesting stories, but like most television programs it was not really a true life picture of how it is to live here in Alaska.   In fact, the exterior shots shown in the television series were filmed in Roslyn, Washington, a small Cascade Mountain town about an hour or more east of Seattle.  For scenes that showed the various moose walking the streets the film crew had to "import" them for those specific shots.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Donica

Dear Danielle!

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip back home. The fathers and extended family always seem to be the hardest on us when it comes to our transitioning. My father passed never excepting me but, I believe he would have if her had the time to get used to my all over again.

Have a safe trip back home hun. I am looking forward to hearing more about your family visit and following your continued journey. And oh yes! Northern Exposure was one of my favorite sitcoms back in the day. I don't have Netflix
so I have to wait to catch the reruns as they come.

Warm hugs girl!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

sarah1972

A girls lunch sounds like a great finale for your trip. I am very happy to her you could convince many of your family members and I am also sorry to hear a few have difficulties accepting you.
Reconciliation with your family is very important to you and summarizing it seems the trip went better than you had feared.

Hopefully in due time your dad will also come around and see what a wonderful daughter he has.

It feels like you made a lot of progress though.

Your trip back sounds very exhausting and I hope everything goes well for you.

Safe travels and hopefully you have some time to recover before returning to your office. I am sure you have got coffee (with pink lid) waiting for you.

All the best,

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Susan Baum

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 03, 2019, 03:40:49 PM
UPDATE January 03, 2019
Today before I started my trek "North to Alaska"  I went out lunch with a group of younger gals, cousins and nieces that I got to know... most all of them were very accepting of me and welcomed me into their conversations. 
They actually planned the event and specifically invited me along...  they had all "heard" various things about me and wanted to find out more about this new person called Danielle ...  *nice*  :)

Thanks for reading and following.  I always appreciate your support and comments.
Hugs,
Danielle

I am glad you had a <mostly> good visit to your old home town - I just got back from the same city after two weeks playing Grandma to two wonderful young ladies. I was pleased to read about your mom's reaction, I fear your dad and others may still take some convincing.

I have to hand it to your cousins and nieces who set aside time to actually get to know the "real" you instead of reliance on the gossip mill. Makes one wonder what they had heard, doesn't it?

Have a great and happy 2019. I'll keep on reading as long as you keep us on the edges of our chairs. Since my waist is suffering from too many Christmas cookies and goodies, I'll keep my popcorn popper ready for action.

Hugs
Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 03, 2019, 03:59:49 PMthe exterior shots shown in the television series were filmed in Roslyn, Washington, a small Cascade Mountain town about an hour or more east of Seattle.

There is yet another connection that not everyone may know about. The Brick Tavern that's shown in Northern Exposure and is actually in Roslyn, is where @Kendra  plays with her band, and where she played on stage for the first time as her authentic self. I saved the picture of her playing her violin on stage that night, and it never fails to induce ocular leakage any time I look at it.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

What a nice overture to have a lunch date with you!  My dad is the one person that not fully accepting.  He still uses my old name and can be cool at times.  But he's in his mid 80's so I don't bother correcting or trying to change him.  We still talk and get along well.  I know my mother has spoken with him and I hope your mother talks to your dad about how happy you are and how well you're doing.  He should be proud.

Safe travels!  Big Hug!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Lisa89125

Roslyn, I know exactly where this town is. I'm a life long railfan and love the cascade mountains. BNSF Stampede Pass Sub Division runs right through the town of Roslyn. The line used to belong to the Northern Pacific RR which became part of the Burlington Northern RR Empire and ultimately BNSF.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 03, 2019, 04:48:12 PM
There is yet another connection that not everyone may know about. The Brick Tavern that's shown in Northern Exposure and is actually in Roslyn, is where @Kendra  plays with her band, and where she played on stage for the first time as her authentic self. I saved the picture of her playing her violin on stage that night, and it never fails to induce ocular leakage any time I look at it.

Stephanie

Yup!  And Laurie and I will be there this weekend to catch the show at the Brick Tavern.

I am enjoying the benefits of the Pacific NorthWest...  ;)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

BritneyX

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 03, 2019, 03:40:49 PM
UPDATE January 03, 2019

Well, my week long visit "back home" is officially coming to an end.  I will be flying out late this afternoon and arriving back in Alaska tomorrow morning.  It will be arduous and tiring flights because of 2 stops and plane changes... and questionable connections and the late hours....   but I very much need to get back to work to take care of many of my clients end-of calendar-year record keeping and reports.

My visit went fairly well, I gained acceptance from many, but unfortunately the most obstinate and stubborn resistance was from my Dad and a few extended family members.   Many of my old friends seemed to warm up to me once I met with them and spent time with them.

This was an important trip for me.  It has always been important to me to not burn any bridges, especially with family members... so I am very glad that I came.

Hugs,
Danielle

Safe travels, Danielle.  I only like to fly when I am Crewing the flight.   Other than that, it is rather boring.  Your Dad will come around.  He will realize that you are still you and work past his issues.  As much as we ask for acceptance, we must give in patience and understanding.

Quote from: Lisa89125 on January 03, 2019, 05:34:42 PM
Roslyn, I know exactly where this town is. I'm a life long railfan and love the cascade mountains. BNSF Stampede Pass Sub Division runs right through the town of Roslyn. The line used to belong to the Northern Pacific RR which became part of the Burlington Northern RR Empire and ultimately BNSF.

Lisa
I'm a bit of a rail fan myself.  I was setting up an interview with the UP to trasnfer my Navy C-130 experience directly into a Conductor Trainee position in Sioux Falls.   6 weeks training and I would be out on the rails in that sub.  After a year of being qualified as Conductor, I could transfer to Engineer Trainee.  The one thing that stopped me is what ended my Naval career' my Service Related Injury.  I had hoped to have overcome the physical malady, but the Navy, nor the VA have put put much effort into diagnosing it.  All they want to do is placate me. 
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •  

Lisa89125

Quote from: BritneyX on January 03, 2019, 06:38:24 PM
Safe travels, Danielle.  I only like to fly when I am Crewing the flight.   Other than that, it is rather boring.  Your Dad will come around.  He will realize that you are still you and work past his issues.  As much as we ask for acceptance, we must give in patience and understanding.

I'm a bit of a rail fan myself.  I was setting up an interview with the UP to trasnfer my Navy C-130 experience directly into a Conductor Trainee position in Sioux Falls.   6 weeks training and I would be out on the rails in that sub.  After a year of being qualified as Conductor, I could transfer to Engineer Trainee.  The one thing that stopped me is what ended my Naval career' my Service Related Injury.  I had hoped to have overcome the physical malady, but the Navy, nor the VA have put put much effort into diagnosing it.  All they want to do is placate me.

Britney, I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I will admit, I have been a UPRR fan since age 6. I love the biggest and best steam locomotives which belong to the UPRR. I also fell in love with the UP turbines and centennial diesels. While those relic's belong to the past. UP does maintain a very nice heritage program and will soon have an operational Big Boy steam locomotive. UP is my dream career and I hope someday to work for them.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Jessica

Have a safe trip home Danielle!  I too hate plane transfers, but the last leg for you could be flown by a bush pilot, so get some good rest.
🌸🌸🌸
I'm envious of your girls date with relatives.  So lucky you are!
🌸🌸🌸
Your father sounds as "obstinate and stubborn" as a mule, but with enough carrots he will hopefully move forward.  Just keep sending love and smiles.  I can't imagine anyone not being taken by your charm.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

cc: @Alaskan Danielle

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on January 03, 2019, 06:33:04 PM
Yup!  And Laurie and I will be there this weekend to catch the show at the Brick Tavern.

I am enjoying the benefits of the Pacific NorthWest...  ;)

Oh wow!! I've been so wanting to do that! (I mean, go to The Brick, not those other benefits you're winking about. I'll be enjoying similar benefits this weekend here in Florida.)

In fact, @Anne Blake and I agreed we'd meet there some day and dance to the musical stylings of Free Beer at Exit 80. Some day @SassyCassie and I are going to get Two Tickets for the Road.

Be sure to give @Kendra a huge hug for me!!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •