Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, December 30, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayna

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 19, 2019, 08:30:46 PM
I always wanted to try some actual moonshine.
Moonshine is overrated.  Basically just high-proof alcohol.  It rarely has much taste, although that can depend on the distiller.  When I was in western North Carolina we visited the friend of a distiller and they had some.  Kind of a joke, but the test of quality was to pour some out into a bottlecap and light it with a match.  If it burns, it's the good stuff.
If so, then why not?
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: RandyL on January 19, 2019, 08:48:20 PM
Moonshine is overrated.  Basically just high-proof alcohol.  It rarely has much taste, although that can depend on the distiller.  When I was in western North Carolina we visited the friend of a distiller and they had some.  Kind of a joke, but the test of quality was to pour some out into a bottlecap and light it with a match.  If it burns, it's the good stuff.

If that is the case might as well do shots of Everclear.
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 19, 2019, 08:52:09 PM
If that is the case might as well do shots of Everclear.
LOL it's true, that was my thought as well.  Except Everclear doesn't have the unmistakeable flavor of illegality and flaunting the authorities.
If so, then why not?
  •  

BritneyX

Quote from: Jaime320 on January 18, 2019, 10:14:37 AM
I take it you're not working? If this is not the case I'm sure others want to know the secret.
Well, I made below the threshold to file the year I had my Service related injury and I have no taxable tangible or financial assets, nor do I have any tax credits for anything.  I was forced to take an Honorable Discharge when I should have been medically retired (12 years of Service).  Thanks to former President Obama dropping the axe on the US Military to drastically downsize in the midst of a Global War, the Navy was forced to take the shaft they were giving me and clobber me over the head, instead of following Regulations and giving care.  So there was 6 years of no pay.  I was finally awarded 70% Disability (supposed to be calculated as 75%) and VA Disability pay is non-taxable. 

So short story long, I traded a healthy life and promising Naval career for a meager stipend and no need to bother with taxes, ever again.  The other benefit was that the "Affordable" Care Act did not apply to me, so no tax penalty on that.  Ah yes, the good life.....I think. ???
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: BritneyX on January 19, 2019, 09:31:05 PM
Well, I made below the threshold to file the year I had my Service related injury and I have no taxable tangible or financial assets, nor do I have any tax credits for anything.  I was forced to take an Honorable Discharge when I should have been medically retired (12 years of Service).  Thanks to former President Obama dropping the axe on the US Military to drastically downsize in the midst of a Global War, the Navy was forced to take the shaft they were giving me and clobber me over the head, instead of following Regulations and giving care.  So there was 6 years of no pay.  I was finally awarded 70% Disability (supposed to be calculated as 75%) and VA Disability pay is non-taxable. 

So short story long, I traded a healthy life and promising Naval career for a meager stipend and no need to bother with taxes, ever again.  The other benefit was that the "Affordable" Care Act did not apply to me, so no tax penalty on that.  Ah yes, the good life.....I think. ???

Thank you for serving our country.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: RandyL on January 19, 2019, 08:54:23 PM
LOL it's true, that was my thought as well.  Except Everclear doesn't have the unmistakeable flavor of illegality and flaunting the authorities.

The whole naughty factor adds to it.
  •  

BritneyX

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 18, 2019, 10:36:15 AM
It is all in my hands... and I like it that way. There is an opportunity for good financial rewards and also there is the chance I could go broke.
Liberty to guide ones own destiny.  Part and parcel of the American Dream.
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •  

BritneyX

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 19, 2019, 09:34:16 PM

Thank you for serving our country.   :)

Chrissy
Well thank ye kindly, my good Lady.  It was an Honor and a privilege to Serve.  I would still be doing it, if I could.   My Family has been Serving since the American Revolutionary War.   We were a Family that paid our Taxes till I came along and broke the tradition . ;)

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 19, 2019, 09:51:21 PM
The whole naughty factor adds to it.
Don't do Absinthe!   I brought a bottle back from Europe (the real kind casked in wormwood), aka illegal in the USA.  N'awlins was once known for this type of Absinthe, long before the Mint Julep.  A catering friend had me pull it out for her dinner party.  So she and her big time Cajun girlfriends went bonkers for it.  Me, I can't stand the taste.   Needless to say, I was playing nursemaid and housekeeping till mid-day the next morn.  :o
  •  

Rayna

Wow, a whole page of highjacking Danielle's thread while she's off busy baking Soft Chocolate Molasses Cookies https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Soft-chocolate-molasses-cookies-344577?prm-v1 (I mean what else could it be???)  ;D ;D ;D
If so, then why not?
  •  

BritneyX

We shouldn't disturb the Molasses Master as she is wielding her craft in the kitchen.   ;)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Here is the result of my yesterday's baking efforts... 
.....mmm, mmm, good !!!
Hugs, Danielle

(left click each photo to enlarge)

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

sarah1972

They look so delicious Danielle!!! Makes me wish I would live much closer. Maybe I have to hop on an airplane to pick up some of your lovely cookies!

Have you ever discussed your baking skills with your next door coffee shop? Maybe you can sell some of your cookies through the coffee shop? Our local coffee place sells artisan baked goods.... you could have a second career!

I hope you have a quiet Sunday and you can relax since I assume you have another busy week ahead of you.

Hugs, Sarah

•  

Dena

Quote from: sarah1972 on January 20, 2019, 10:01:55 AM
Have you ever discussed your baking skills with your next door coffee shop? Maybe you can sell some of your cookies through the coffee shop? Our local coffee place sells artisan baked goods.... you could have a second career!
With tax season upon us, this is probably about the last of the baking for about 3 months. Soon Danielle will probably be spending almost every day including Saturday and Sunday in the office dealing with people who couldn't get their act together early. Great source of income but why couldn't it happen on the other 9 months of the year!
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jenny1969

Those cookies look great.   I think I am going to make a pineapple upside down cake today

Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Jaime320

Quote from: BritneyX on January 19, 2019, 09:31:05 PM

Been there still doing it. Uncle Sam still got their share of severance. Working again to afford life. Check wasn't worth it. Would prefer health. Then again that may change after I retire and age catches up.
  •  

Jaime320

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 20, 2019, 09:14:20 AM
Here is the result of my yesterday's baking efforts... 
.....mmm, mmm, good !!!
Hugs, Danielle

(left click each photo to enlarge)

@RandyL

The mix master returneth with scrumptious temptations. Ok back on track, if only we could taste the treats.

@Alaskan Danielle
Looks delicious as always.

•  

Donica

Quote from: Dena on January 20, 2019, 10:36:51 AM
With tax season upon us, this is probably about the last of the baking for about 3 months. Soon Danielle will probably be spending almost every day including Saturday and Sunday in the office dealing with people who couldn't get their act together early. Great source of income but why couldn't it happen on the other 9 months of the year!

Yes, hopefully most of Danielle's clients don't walk in with unorganized boxes of receipts. Ugh! I must say Dena, I did not know you could BAKE molasses into moonshine. I thought it was more like stirring a big pot of witches brew.

Num num num! Danielle! I hope you will be bringing some of your delicious cookies with you in September? I can already smell them from all the way down here. I'll try to bring some molasses so we can try that moonshine thing ;D

Hugs!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jenny1969

Hope all is well up the great cold tundra!!!!    I hope you have a nice fire going in the fireplace while you are eating those cookies and sipping on some hot coco!!

Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Rachel

The cookies look awesome. Are they hard on the outside and soft on the inside with a sweet exterior?  Is there a lot of butter in them? Do you put them into the microwave before eating them to make them warm and chewy with an awesome aroma?

I hope the tax season treats you well. 

I have been reading there have been a lot of aftershocks and small earthquakes in Alaska. I hope it passes. Winter is rough enough there let alone dealing with earthquakes.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Rachel on January 20, 2019, 06:38:52 PM
The cookies look awesome. Are they hard on the outside and soft on the inside with a sweet exterior?  Is there a lot of butter in them? Do you put them into the microwave before eating them to make them warm and chewy with an awesome aroma?

I hope the tax season treats you well. 

I have been reading there have been a lot of aftershocks and small earthquakes in Alaska. I hope it passes. Winter is rough enough there let alone dealing with earthquakes.
@Rachel
Dear Rachel:
My Molasses Cookies are fairly soft and chewy...  not hard like Ginger Snaps.  Yes I make them with all the things that are "good" for our bodies...   milk, butter, eggs, sugar, molasses, etc.

Ahhhh, yes, tax season... I am soon entering into the "high" season for my business and tax work... fortunately I am kept fairly busy throughout the year ...I do financial advising work and accounting for businesses and personal clients.

Not a lot of earthquakes where I am located but I can feel some shaking and some of the after-effects of transportation and shipping from a big city like Anchorage.

Thanks for sharing and posting....
I trust that you are well.
Hugs, and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •