Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, December 30, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Dena on January 20, 2019, 10:36:51 AM
With tax season upon us, this is probably about the last of the baking for about 3 months. Soon Danielle will probably be spending almost every day including Saturday and Sunday in the office dealing with people who couldn't get their act together early. Great source of income but why couldn't it happen on the other 9 months of the year!
Quote from: Donica on January 20, 2019, 01:35:56 PM
Yes, hopefully most of Danielle's clients don't walk in with unorganized boxes of receipts. Ugh! I must say Dena, I did not know you could BAKE molasses into moonshine. I thought it was more like stirring a big pot of witches brew.

Num num num! Danielle! I hope you will be bringing some of your delicious cookies with you in September? I can already smell them from all the way down here. I'll try to bring some molasses so we can try that moonshine thing ;D

Hugs!

@Donica    @Dena
Dear Donica and Dena:
Unfortunately there are always some clients that bring in unorganized boxes of receipts and notes and want me to straighten out the mess and file their taxes for them...  more of my time =  a higher billing

Some of those types of clients bring me a mess ONE DAY before the April 15 due date.... definitely long nights at my office. ...  but business is business.

It is soon upon me..I will be entering into the "high" season for my business and tax work... fortunately I am kept fairly busy throughout the year ...I do financial advising work and accounting for businesses and personal clients plus not all businesses follow the calendar year with their fiscal years.... but for sure I have busy times ahead for me but I will still make some time for baking and social activities...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and posting on my thread.
Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE:   Monday   January 21, 2019      12:15pm   Lunch time

It sure was cold early this morning as I went to work.
-21 deg F   (minus 29.5 deg C)

I made some ham and cheese wraps at home this morning for my lunch today....

Note: all the BASIC "food groups";) shown in the last photo. 

For all of my followers I trust that your day is going well for you.
Please, as always, you are very welcome to read, comment and reply about anything you wish on my thread.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Lacy

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 21, 2019, 03:27:59 PM
UPDATE:   Monday   January 21, 2019      12:15pm   Lunch time

It sure was cold early this morning as I went to work.
-21 deg F   (minus 29.5 deg C)

I made some ham and cheese wraps at home this morning for my lunch today....

Note: all the BASIC "food groups";) shown in the last photo. 

For all of my followers I trust that your day is going well for you.
Please, as always, you are very welcome to read, comment and reply about anything you wish on my thread.
Hugs,
Danielle

Sounds like I'm in a heat wave at 6°F! Hopefully you will find a way to stay warm this evening!

That looks like a tasty lunch! I notice your coffee cup has no pink lid and is a different design than normal...should we be worried?! ;)
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Donica

Whaaa!! Pickles and chocolate with ham and cheese. YUUMMM! Geezzz!! -21 deg. burrrrrr! Dear Danielle! Stay warm hun.

Sending more WARM HUGS!!!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jenny1969

Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Jaime320

You're cheating on your barista? Should we be worried?
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@RealLacy  @Jenny1969   @Jaime320
Dear Lacy  and  Jenny  and  Jaime:
No worries ladies...  the coffee and the chocolate bar were brought into my office right before my lunch time by my ShyGuyMaleSuitor #3 ....  he stopped at a different espresso stand... different cup and no pink lids... he mentioned that he asked for another color lid other than the standard white lid... to no avail.
Also my BaristaFemaleSuitor#5 is always so sweet... but I don't see those two progressing to the level of my ToothFairy-DentalHygienist#4 ... nor am I attempting to make it so.   

It is so very difficult for me to reject friendly and even slightly flirty advances as I do not have experience with that aspect of dating (yet)  ...  I never ever want to hurt anyone's feelings but I am sure that it is necessary at times.
Hugs, and best wishes to all of you.... thanks for posting and sharing.
Danielle

Quote from: RealLacy on January 21, 2019, 04:25:32 PM
Sounds like I'm in a heat wave at 6°F! Hopefully you will find a way to stay warm this evening!

That looks like a tasty lunch! I notice your coffee cup has no pink lid and is a different design than normal...should we be worried?! ;)

Quote from: Jenny1969 on January 23, 2019, 01:46:07 PM
No pink lid?   Hmmmmmmmm  ;)

Quote from: Jaime320 on January 23, 2019, 04:21:02 PM
You're cheating on your barista? Should we be worried?

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on January 22, 2019, 12:25:55 PM
Whaaa!! Pickles and chocolate with ham and cheese. YUUMMM! Geezzz!! -21 deg. burrrrrr! Dear Danielle! Stay warm hun.
Sending more WARM HUGS!!!
@Donica
Dear Donica...

Ahhh  yes... pickles and chocolate, a tran-woman's wish come true.

Regarding the cold weather here lately, it has warmed up substantially, this morning when I woke up the temp was +3 deg F and now it is +11 deg F and SNOWING again.   

I hear that many of our friends in the Midwest and Eastern USA are having their abundant share of snow and cold!!!   Bundle up friends, and stay warm, dry, and safe. 

Thanks for posting and sharing.
Hugs and well wishes to you.
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Danielle, I love your new avatar!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jaime320

Thanks for the craving pickles and chocolate.  ;) Guess I'll settle for pretzels, m&ms, & vino.  Hey a girl has to make do on the road.

Ummm regarding advances, you're light years ahead. I'm still getting used to that.Though I've only had two occurrences in my 3 months out. While wonderful and affirming, I'm still happily married. I'm sure I've mishandled the situation.

Love the new avatar.
  •  

sarah1972

So great to see a big smile avatar back Danielle! I do remember this one and once again you do look fantastic.

So glad you still get coffee brought to your office. What more could a girl want?

I am glad it did get a little warmer even though it is still pretty cold. Our snow is mostly gone and so far I don't see any new one on the horizon. Lucky for us, the big snow storm and freeze passed north of us, but all my Boston friends are quite affected.

I hope you continue to stay warm and your clients take it easy on you this tax season.

Quote from: Jaime320 on January 23, 2019, 09:22:37 PM
Thanks for the craving pickles and chocolate.  ;) Guess I'll settle for pretzels, m&ms, & vino.  Hey a girl has to make do on the road.

Ummm regarding advances, you're light years ahead. I'm still getting used to that.Though I've only had two occurrences in my 3 months out. While wonderful and affirming, I'm still happily married. I'm sure I've mishandled the situation.

Love the new avatar.

@Jaime320 - Ah, yes, the advances by men. Like you, I am married for over 13 years. The first few times it happened, I had absolutely no idea. I was in a deli with a cis friend and the guy behind the counter claimed he has met me on a new years part. Of course, I denied and had no idea what he wanted. When walking away my friend poked me in the side and said: You know that he was totally hitting on you. This happened a few times. Since I got better about detecting advances, but also men got a lot blunter: Some are pretty straight forward and just ask if I am married. In most cases, I just let them off nicely. My cis friend also said, that is just normal and at least the guy in the deli was fairly nice about it, it can also get pretty ugly. So far I only had one ugly happening.
I am sure I come across like a big klutz since I have no experience dating men, I am married and don't really want to date anyone else.

But I have also learned the power of wrapping men around my fingers to get them to do what I want. Like giving me their seat in a packed metro car or lift heavy stuff at Home Depot. I do admit I have an unfair advantage since I absolutely know what worked on me back in the days. Home Depot is always fun if you play girly...

•  

davina61

I had 2 men ask if I needed a hand to load some kitchen worktop into my car this morning, they ran off when I started waving my battery circler saw . No just joking , told them thanks but it will be fine when I have cut it to size . Made a chicken and leek pie tonight, filling and warming
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on January 24, 2019, 01:10:45 PM
I had 2 men ask if I needed a hand to load some kitchen worktop into my car this morning, they ran off when I started waving my battery circler saw . No just joking , told them thanks but it will be fine when I have cut it to size . Made a chicken and leek pie tonight, filling and warming

@davina61
Dear Davina:
I wouldn't be so quick to run off those men that may want to help a woman with the heavy lifting. 

For me, I very much welcome the offers of assistance.   Over the years since I started HRT I have seen my body muscle mass which was just about non-existant before, is even less....  and now I appear to be a Blue Eyed Blonde woman in need of help from every male who I come across during my day.

I am glad that you enjoyed your Chicken Pie....   what?  No Picture???

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

davina61

Well I did have help in store to load it on trolley, yes getting weaker and I was never that strong even with the manual job I do. Didn't think it was worth taking pic  but heres one of a coffee walnut cake
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Donica

I haven't had any advances yet that I recognized but I caught on to the assistance thing very quickly. I actually don't get much choice as I seem to always get the "Let me get that for you!" or they'll hold the door for me or they'll wait for me to go first. I love the attention.

Davina! Your coffee walnut cake looks so delish! Here, let me take that for you dear!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jenny1969

Funny thing happened to me yesterday.......When I was on the elavator and the doors opened, two men stood aside so I could leave first....Never had this happen to me before..   :)
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

KatieP

Quote from: Jenny1969 on January 24, 2019, 06:58:06 PM
Funny thing happened to me yesterday.......When I was on the elavator and the doors opened, two men stood aside so I could leave first....Never had this happen to me before..   :)

HA! You should add that to the "What made me happy today" thread!

Well, I assume it made you happy.

;D

Kate
  •  

SarahWithin

Danielle, my dear, I've been catching up a little bit. Am I correct in surmising that you picked suitor #4? If so, what a lucky lady she is! And I'm glad you were able to make inroads with your family. I can't wait to catch up with you more. I think 2019 is going to be a special year for many of us!

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

BritneyX

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 20, 2019, 09:14:20 AM
Here is the result of my yesterday's baking efforts... 
.....mmm, mmm, good !!!
Hugs, Danielle

(left click each photo to enlarge)

Danielle, I have a business idea for you.  How about you and the Tooth Fairy open up the Alaskan Cookie Company?  If teaching is more of your thing, how about the Baked Alaska School of Cookie Baking?   I have not used my GI Bill yet and would Cookie Love to be part of your inaugural class!!!
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •  

Katie Jade

Hi Danielle,
Just catching up after a busy period for me at work.
Looks like your thread is full of life, cookies and tax returns.
I don't envy your work load coming up, I remember how busy you were last year, but think of your progress since then, it seems its been a really great year for you all round. Im so happy for you.
I could do with a brief update on your suitors though, as this seems to be a baking and alcohol thread recently!!! A good combination for entertaining though...

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •