Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, December 30, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JulieAllana

Crazy.  You have to pack winter attire on your Australian summer trip so that you don't freeze to/from the airport!

1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: SarahWithin on January 27, 2019, 11:34:07 AM
Hey, girl, you forgot Illinois in that list! Here in northern Illinois, we're expecting another 8 inches of snow by tomorrow evening, and it will be a high of -16 with a low of -26 on Wednesday - Alaska weather! I once had a neighbor from Alaska who told me that sometimes it actually gets colder here than way up there. I believe her! Enjoy your heat wave and I hope you really enjoy your relaxing Sunday. It sounds wonderful! [emoji3590][emoji846]
Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown [emoji257]

@SarahWithin
Dear Sarah:
Yes indeed, the Windy City is indeed in the line of fire for bitter cold stormy weather.   Like you stated, hunker down, stay bundled up inside & warm, read a good book and have a hot cup of coffee or tea next to your chair. 
If you do have to go out and about please travel safe....  here we are prepared for the super cold weather but with you living in Chicago you are also prepared as well.

Stay safe!!
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: SarahWithin on January 28, 2019, 02:27:21 PM
Just to let you know quickly, my dear, in response to your PM to me, still merging and I can't PM you yet.
Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]

Dear Sarah:
  This is great news, I am so glad that the Susan's Place staff have taken care of your profile and posting issues.... and now you can certainly PM, and your older posts are now recovered.... 
You should be a Happy Camper indeed. 
Oh, and I am glad to see that you have now posted your Avatar Profile Photo... 
...I like seeing your smiling face when I go to your profile and read your posted comments.

HUGS, and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: JulieAllana on January 28, 2019, 03:55:14 PM
Crazy.  You have to pack winter attire on your Australian summer trip so that you don't freeze to/from the airport!

@JulieAllana
Dear Julie:
You are absolutely correct.... I had to wear warm clothes and shoes when I started my trip and wear warm clothes and shoes when I was on my way home.   In between for almost a month I was in Tank Tops, shorts, summer dresses, open toe shoes and sandals, etc.

Thank your for sharing and posting.

Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on January 28, 2019, 12:10:02 PM
How did I miss your lovely new avatar, my dear Danielle?

Looking great!

Hugs,

Sarah
@sarah1972
Dear Sarah...   thank you for your way-too-nice words.  I took that selfie in the car when it was -25 deg F outside.... I was bundled up "real good"... and the car heater on HIGH.

By the way, I like your new Avatar/Profile picture also... but you look very cold and pale.... and your arms look stiff and rigid   ;) ;) :D

Thank you for sharing and posting.
Hugs and well wishes... stay warm, dry and safe in your cold weather this week.
Danielle

•  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 28, 2019, 09:06:19 PM
@SarahWithin
Dear Sarah:
Yes indeed, the Windy City is indeed in the line of fire for bitter cold stormy weather.   Like you stated, hunker down, stay bundled up inside & warm, read a good book and have a hot cup of coffee or tea next to your chair. 
If you do have to go out and about please travel safe....  here we are prepared for the super cold weather but with you living in Chicago you are also prepared as well.

Stay safe!!
Hugs,
Danielle

Dear Sarah:
  This is great news, I am so glad that the Susan's Place staff have taken care of your profile and posting issues.... and now you can certainly PM, and your older posts are now recovered.... 
You should be a Happy Camper indeed. 
Oh, and I am glad to see that you have now posted your Avatar Profile Photo... 
...I like seeing your smiling face when I go to your profile and read your posted comments.

HUGS, and well wishes,
Danielle

Hugs and MORE HUGS back to you! [emoji4]
  •  

Jessica

The weather in California.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jenny1969

@ Danielle
Your new Avatar photo is awesome.    I cant believe you are smiling at -25!!    ;)
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Jaime320

either The smile froze that way, or it's shear delight feeling the car heaters warmth. Either way Danielle looks great.

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 28, 2019, 09:52:38 PM
@sarah1972
Dear Sarah...   thank you for your way-too-nice words.  I took that selfie in the car when it was -25 deg F outside.... I was bundled up "real good"... and the car heater on HIGH.

By the way, I like your new Avatar/Profile picture also... but you look very cold and pale.... and your arms look stiff and rigid   ;) ;) :D

Thank you for sharing and posting.
Hugs and well wishes... stay warm, dry and safe in your cold weather this week.
Danielle

Urgh!  Its getting to -20 (or lower) here in Minnesota.  The dogs have started sleeping on my legs to stay warm(er) and I just want to learn how to hibernate.  Blowing snow off the driveway took me forever having to go back in and out to unfreeze.  Danielle whatever you do... don't let your fingers (Or anything else) get frostbite.  It sticks with you for life and in cold weather just hurts like heck.  Always drive thinking what will if so when the car won't go.  Windbreakers and Tennis shoes are (from my experience almost freezing to death) not a valid answer.   Anyway take care you have too many readers who would miss you!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on January 29, 2019, 12:43:28 AM
The weather in California.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Great picture and a very pretty sky.
I guess that you are saying that your weather in California where you live is warmer than most other places like the Northern Plains states and upper Midwest States and also Alaska?  ????   

But don't you miss the snow, ice and bitter cold?

Thanks for posting and sharing and making us envy your weather this week.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 29, 2019, 10:14:33 PM
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Great picture and a very pretty sky.
I guess that you are saying that your weather in California where you live is warmer than most other places like the Northern Plains states and upper Midwest States and also Alaska?  ????   

But don't you miss the snow, ice and bitter cold?

Thanks for posting and sharing and making us envy your weather this week.
Hugs,
Danielle

I do enjoy the cold Danielle, it's the Scandinavian blood in me.
But the cold is something that I've never had to get used to on a regular basis to actually miss.

And yes ..,California weather is to die for.

Side note....My son is visiting us this week from Minnesota.  His wife stayed home .....Today with a wind chill factor it was -50*.  He is feeling a bit guilty

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jenny1969

Danielle sent some of her cold weather down here to us in the lower 48!!!    Looks like everyone except for those in California will be freezing this week.

Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

ChrissyRyan

Danielle sometimes posts a nice picture of a pretty mountain.
The tallest one in the continent is up there in Alaska.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 30, 2019, 10:00:49 AM
Danielle sometimes posts a nice picture of a pretty mountain.
The tallest one in the continent is up there in Alaska.

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Denali (meaning: "The High One")  is the highest mountain peak in North America, with a summit elevation of 20,310 feet ... In the late 1800's, a gold prospector named it "Mount McKinley" in support of then-presidential candidate William McKinley; that name was eventually changed to the Native Alaskan name of Denali.

Last summer I posted a number of pictures of my hiking around the various mountains... I will most likely post more when the weather is more agreeable.

Thanks for your post and for sharing... you are always welcome here on my thread.
HUGS,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE:   Wednesday afternoon  January 30, 2019    1:30pm

Yesterday I was at my office all day and half the night.  Several times I was in the middle of filing taxes and logging into into my CPA tax site checking for changes on the new tax forms and I kept having connection issues...  lost some of my entrees and had to re-enter all the information....   then to make matters worse, one of my business computers started acting up....
... argggg... very frustrating.   

At 5:30pm I took a dinner break and ordered my dinner from the next door coffee shop and brought it back to my office.
    Deluxe Cheeseburger and Waffle Fries ....   my comfort food when I need to be cheered up.

I did not get home till after 9pm, took some time to relax, chatted on the phone with my tooth-fairy #4 for a while and talked about our future plans to do a big-city overnight shopping trip next month with our Gym-Gals group...   #4 announced to me that I am going to share a room with her.... gosh, never in my pre-transition life it never entered my mind that a woman would tell me that she wants to share a hotel room with me....   times have changed for sure!!!   ::) ;)

Well, my sandwich and soup order is all most ready to pick up so I am going to have lunch now as my 2 business computers are buzzing away.

Thanks for checking in on my thread.
I am always eager to see what my followers post on my thread!!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 30, 2019, 03:37:01 PM
UPDATE:   Wednesday afternoon  January 30, 2019    1:30pm

Yesterday I was at my office all day and half the night.  Several times I was in the middle of filing taxes and logging into into my CPA tax site checking for changes on the new tax forms and I kept having connection issues...  lost some of my entrees and had to re-enter all the information....   then to make matters worse, one of my business computers started acting up....
... argggg... very frustrating.   

At 5:30pm I took a dinner break and ordered my dinner from the next door coffee shop and brought it back to my office.
    Deluxe Cheeseburger and Waffle Fries ....   my comfort food when I need to be cheered up.

I did not get home till after 9pm, took some time to relax, chatted on the phone with my tooth-fairy #4 for a while and talked about our future plans to do a big-city overnight shopping trip next month with our Gym-Gals group...   #4 announced to me that I am going to share a room with her.... gosh, never in my pre-transition life it never entered my mind that a woman would tell me that she wants to share a hotel room with me....   times have changed for sure!!!   ::) ;)

Well, my sandwich and soup order is all most ready to pick up so I am going to have lunch now as my 2 business computers are buzzing away.

Thanks for checking in on my thread.
I am always eager to see what my followers post on my thread!!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

Thank you Danielle for your working update.  I'm so happy to see that you still have time for fun in this beginning of a very busy season for you. 

You have a special occasion (2?) coming up next week.  I plan to celebrate it (them?)

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

•  

Northern Star Girl

NEWS FLASH.......  Wednesday evening 7:00pm  January 30, 2019
***Finally*** I am getting some much needed assistance at my office.  Since the beginning of the year I have been seeking to hire temporary accounting help for the next several months during this busy tax season.   I have had a sign on my office door and also at the Coffee Shop bulletin board... and I had a young woman come into my office early this afternoon to apply for the job.  She is in her early 20's, was conservatively dressed and very pretty and has some accounting and computer experience... she is perfect for the task... and will appeal to my conservative financial clients. 

I started her this afternoon and had her do some computer tax data entree work, relieving me of a tedious task that takes so much of my time that I could be doing other things at work and also have more available personal time.
Hopefully this will help relieve me of the 14-15 hour work days and 6 or 7 days a week that I was often working last year during tax season.

I was having a conversation with her just about a half hour ago and she looked at me and very cautiously and carefully asked, "Are you the one that moved here just 2 years ago?  ... and are you really transgender?   I replied and told her yes, and then she looked a little shocked and complimented me on my appearance and my figure.... she said that she would have never known if she didn't hear it via the small town gossip.   So anyway, that was such a very nice thing to happen to me today.  She is such a great helper and works hard.

I is almost 7:00pm and we are both going to quit for the night.  She will be working Mon -Fridays... half days in the afternoons.   That will certainly be a tremendous help to me.

I will be locking up in about 5 minutes and going home ... almost 7:00pm here...
that is much better than 9:00pm yesterday.

I will post more on my thread as always.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

KatieP

That is such a great story, on so many fronts!

And, her comments are sort of good news and bad news. Good in that she would not have known. Bad in that the gossip told her. To me, sort of, the total stealth thing is the ultimate dream. And, in the right circumstances, clearly that does not matter. (See the number of suiters on the list...  ;D)

Kate
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KatieP on January 30, 2019, 10:16:33 PM
That is such a great story, on so many fronts!

And, her comments are sort of good news and bad news. Good in that she would not have known. Bad in that the gossip told her. To me, sort of, the total stealth thing is the ultimate dream. And, in the right circumstances, clearly that does not matter. (See the number of suiters on the list...  ;D)

Kate

@KatieP
Dear Kate:
Absolutely NOT Bad NewsI have fully come-out in my small town... everyone that I call friends or acquaintances know that I am transgender... and I am accepted by almost all.... NO living in stealth for me... no secrets.   
It is such a relief to not have to hide.... I am free to live my life!!!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and thanks for posting.
Hugs,
Danielle

•