Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, December 30, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Cookies???

QuoteMy front porch area was covered with the adult mom prints and several smaller cub prints...  it appears that they were just hanging around and loitering...  probably got a whiff of food smells inside my house.

cc: @Alaskan Danielle

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KatieP

Quote from: Jessica on February 26, 2019, 12:35:07 PM
Cookies???

cc: @Alaskan Danielle

I was thinking the same thing. I can smell them from here, and I live in Southern California!

;D

Kate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

I am writing THIS reply in response to the way-too-kind  comments this morning on my thread from:
    @KimOct   
       @Denise 
          @JudiBlueEyes 
             @SarahWithin

Thank you ladies for your kind compliments regarding my thread and my postings...
I am pleased that you find what I have to say is helpful and encouraging.

NOW, the job in front of me is to try to live up to your flattering words.

Many Hugs and best wishes to you and all of my followers...
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 26, 2019, 12:13:43 PM
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Yes indeed, Cougars are quite aggressive and like any in-the-wild animal, when they are hungry especially in the cold winters they become even more aggressive.
In the original picture that I posted it may have not been readily apparent regarding the paw print...
... look at my closeup and notice the dangerous looking claws in front of each toe pad...  A lot of damage can be done with those. 
My front porch area was covered with the adult mom prints and several smaller cub prints...  it appears that they were just hanging around and loitering...  probably got a whiff of food smells inside my house.
Danielle

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The claw marks immediately caught my eye.  I was surprised because I had heard that cougars, like other cats, kept their claws retracted unless in use.  Maybe this one needed the extra traction, or maybe she hasn't had them trimmed in a while!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Yes typically claw marks like that are seen in canine paw prints.

So it's either a huge dog or wolf, or a slippery kitty.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on February 26, 2019, 01:23:46 PM
Yes typically claw marks like that are seen in canine paw prints.

So it's either a huge dog or wolf, or a slippery kitty.

@Colleen_definitely
Dear Colleen:
Most certainly it was a mama Cougar and her 2 cubs peering in my sliding door window...
... they were startled when I quickly opened the drapes ... and they scampered off quite quickly...   
Cougars have amazingly big paws for the size of the animal... much bigger than the Wolf  prints that I have seen here where I live.   
Bears have even bigger paws and claws but they are in hibernation this time of year.

Those big paws and their claws help them to navigate in the snow and ice.
Quite dangerous with those claws...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts... you are always welcome on my thread.  :)
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

davina61

Well its never dull in your house. You don't need to try hard to be great just be yourself dear. Take care in that white stuff
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Colleen_definitely

•  

sarah1972

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 26, 2019, 01:19:12 PM
The claw marks immediately caught my eye.  I was surprised because I had heard that cougars, like other cats, kept their claws retracted unless in use.  Maybe this one needed the extra traction, or maybe she hasn't had them trimmed in a while!

Nothing which cannot be fixed by a nice day at a spa...  ;D ;D

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Colleen_definitely
Dear Colleen:
Just envision that picture you posted with the addition of 2 baby cubs with their hungry mama....  that is just about what I saw at 4am through my sliding door window.
I did notice the 30-30 Lever Action to the left of the door.

For me, I have a short barrel 30.06 pump next to my patio door... it is always loaded too.   When venturing outside in the the evening or twilight hours to take out garbage or to shovel the sidewalk I will usually have that in my hand or my .357 Ruger GP-100.   

Wild animals, particularly the hungry ones in the winter time don't always scamper off when they see or hear a human coming their way so I can't be too cautious and too careful especially when living by myself.

Thanks for posting...
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on February 26, 2019, 02:31:56 PM

;D

•  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 26, 2019, 04:12:54 PM
@Colleen_definitely
Dear Colleen:
Just envision that picture you posted with the addition of 2 baby cubs with their hungry mama....  that is just about what I saw at 4am through my sliding door window.

For me, I have a short barrel 30.06 pump next to my patio door... it is always loaded too.   When venturing outside in the the evening or twilight hours to take out garbage or to shovel the sidewalk I will usually have that in my hand or my .357 Ruger GP-100.   

Wild animals, particularly the hungry ones in the winter time don't always scamper off when they see or hear a human coming their way so I can't be too cautious and too careful especially when living by myself.

Thanks for posting...
Hugs,
Danielle

Dearest Danielle- Wow, hon, you pack some serious heat there for such a beautiful lady! There's a TV show in this somewhere. Beautiful blonde in Alaska who packs a 30.06 and a .357 Ruger who's an accountant by day, and by night...? I know I'd watch it!

Hugs x 2,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Oh I absolutely agree.  When one is no longer at the top of the local food chain, a bit of caution is quite justified.
  •  

KimOct

I would be absolutely freaking if there was a cougar on the other side of a pane of glass at my front door.

I saw a coyote in my parking lot in suburban Minneapolis last year and RAN for the front door.  :D  It was about the size of a dog and was at least 100 feet away. 
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

Denise

@Colleen_definitely
Dear Colleen:

Thanks for posting...
Hugs,
Danielle

What, no rocket launchers or RPGs?  I'm surprised.  [emoji12]

Seriously though I would love to see that.  When I moved into the city, I realized I missed being woken up by the sound of birds compared to sirens.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Wednesday Lunchtime UPDATE  February 27, 2019   12:15PM

Very busy days lately, I have been working late at the office, either skipping dinner at home or coming back to the office till 10:00PM or so... and then I go back in very early in the morning, usually around 6:30AM to 7:00AM.
Being a night owl and an early riser, it is a good thing that I usually only need about 6 hours of nightly sleep...

My part time gal is such a big help with some of the more mundane and time consuming computer entree work and math checking.

As usual I have lunch at my office but I forgot to bring anything from home this morning so I went next door to the coffee shop and brought back a wonderful Steak Salad.   My barista suitor#5 treated me to my favorite Latte with sugar free caramel.

I may not be getting on here as much as I have usually been from now on until mid April...  work comes first... I've got bills to pay like all of us do.   
    >>>>Money is certainly not everything, unless you don't have any.

No wild animal critter sightings this morning on my porch or out in the yard other than some deer looking for grass to eat but it is slim pickings... everything is covered with a thick blanket of snow and ice and the snow will be here for a long time to come... temperatures are near or below ZERO Deg F most evenings so there is no melting going on.

Hugs and best wishes to all of my thread's followers,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

Dear Danielle -

The salad looks amazing! I did get really hungry seeing it. Unfortunately the menu in my local coffee shop consists of pastries only. No real food.
I did not go there for a few years but have been three times in the last few weeks... a side effect of my running group[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I fully understand you taking it slow on the forum. I am sure you are busy and I would not be surprised that tax code has changed more than we all think it has. I would also not be surprised if more people seek professional help this year to minimize their tax burden.

You have done so mich for the forum and for so many members here, you also deserve a break.

Please make sure to watch out for yourself as well.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

christinej78

Quote from: KimOct on February 26, 2019, 10:50:43 PM

I saw a coyote in my parking lot in suburban Minneapolis last year and RAN for the front door.  :D  It was about the size of a dog and was at least 100 feet away.

Hi Kim,                               28 February 2019

Two years ago a Coyote befriended me. She was a yearling holdover from the previous years litter. I let her call the shots, never encroaching on her territory, never making a threatening move or gesture. As the summer wore on we became friends; I took her food and goodies. I got her to respond to my whistle and she would come running when she heard it. As time went on she would wait for me by the curb, some times coming to my house. She trusted me and I trusted her. I considered her friendship one of the greatest honors I had ever received up to that time, summer 2017. If she was with me and someone else would come around she would leave and hide in the brush until they left.

On 06 July 2017 she found a mate. She came to me and let me know she had to leave and to thank me for our friendship. I still miss her as her friendship was very special, rare and unique. I know we will be together again.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Denise

Quote from: christinej78 on February 28, 2019, 01:11:05 AM
Hi Kim,                               28 February 2019

Two years ago a Coyote befriended me. She was a yearling holdover from the previous years litter. I let her call the shots, never encroaching on her territory, never making a threatening move or gesture. As the summer wore on we became friends; I took her food and goodies. I got her to respond to my whistle and she would come running when she heard it. As time went on she would wait for me by the curb, some times coming to my house. She trusted me and I trusted her. I considered her friendship one of the greatest honors I had ever received up to that time, summer 2017. If she was with me and someone else would come around she would leave and hide in the brush until they left.

On 06 July 2017 she found a mate. She came to me and let me know she had to leave and to thank me for our friendship. I still miss her as her friendship was very special, rare and unique. I know we will be together again.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Have you tried to call her? 

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Denise on February 28, 2019, 05:43:00 AM
Have you tried to call her? 

And extend the pain? Sometimes we have to make clean breaks... for our own benefit...

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: KatieP on February 28, 2019, 08:39:12 AM
And extend the pain? Sometimes we have to make clean breaks... for our own benefit...

A coyote and a cougar? It would never have worked out.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •