News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, December 30, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KimOct

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 28, 2019, 09:46:28 AM
A coyote and a cougar? It would never have worked out.

LOL !!!  But also that was a lovely story Christine.  I love the outdoors but stay far from wild animals.  Once on a canoe trip in the Canadian park of Quetico a bear chased one of our fellow travelers into the lake.  It was hilarious and terrifying at the same time.  I never saw anyone run so fast.  It was a small bear but I avoid raccoons much less bears.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

KimOct

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 02, 2019, 07:38:51 PM
UPDATE:  Saturday March 02, 2019  4:30pm

I worked all day today by myself... busy day today.  I did a few more complicated tax returns for some of my business clients, my mind is still spinning!!!

I am locking up soon and going home to get some dinner and much needed rest.   Tomorrow Sunday I am planning to take the day off and perhaps spend some time with my friends.

Today was bright and sunny... but very cold below ZERO deg F last night and today it got up to 11 deg F...  forecast to be much the same for the coming week...
cold and clear... and very beautiful.

No new animal sightings other than some deer.
Have a great Saturday night and the rest of your weekend.

Hugs,
Danielle

What a picturesque place to live !!!
And I should move there for the warm weather, it has been colder in Mpls than Alaska  :D
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

Donica

Quote from: islandgirl on March 04, 2019, 04:53:29 PM
Yes I am now in Victoria! This a place that I always wanted to live and now here I am. I will be in contact with Donna as we still share many things such a condo and family. She is still my best friend! I knew that the 'leaving' was going to be difficult even though we both knew that this was coming and that I needed to do so. The look on her face as she was ready to depart yesterday was such that I was sent into a sobbing fit! All is Ok today, even though I just spoke with another friend and almost lost it again when I talked about yesterday.

It is beautiful here today, with blue skies and not much wind. I was brought out on my balcony by the noise of lawn mowers and the scent of freshly cut grass! Spring is here. The cherry blossoms are out and the flowing plums are next to bloom! I know that this is not what those in the snowy clim's want to hear but this is southern Vancouver Island! Temps are still cool at about 6 to 8 degrees C but those are supposed to go up in the next week.

My apartment is coming together! Wifi in today, and all I need now is a couple more pieces furniture. Then it is on to make my way in my new city!

Danielle, I am not really into winter, but your photos are beautiful!

I had no idea you were going through this. I'm sad to hear you had to leave your friend/partner. I hope, as you have posted above, that you find it beautiful on Vancouver Island. I have seen many pictures and have to agree, it is beautiful there. I don't know about FaceTime but Skype is a good way to keep in tough with your friends

Wishing the best and sending lots of hugs.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE:  Thursday afternoon 1:40 pm   March 07, 2019
To my readers and dear followers:
It has been a busy week at my office with tax preparations... personal and business... lots of them.
My motto in my business is:   "Work is the yeast that raises the dough"   
NOTE:  I am not certain how that would translate into other languages so if any of my followers need more explanation I will be glad to provide it!!

Well, some of my personal health news to report:   
Last month on a snowy, icy and cold Monday, after work as I was locking up my office I slipped on the ice an snow and hurt my hip and my leg... big bruises followed, but eventually all seemed to be OK ...
... I reported this on my February 20th Update....   

I thought everything was OK and it had healed up but in the last week or so I have been having back, hip and leg pain so I went to my local small town Doctor yesterday to get it checked out.

Fortunately no blood clot issues but my doctor wanted to do a Lumbar (lower back) X-RAY at the local clinic....  well, he called me today to report that there was disc swelling and perhaps a slight bulging disc as a result of my fall... and thus the pains in my hip, leg and back.

He has scheduled a trip to a bigger city for me to get an MRI to determine the exact damage and course of treatment.   Thankfully so far he thinks that no surgery will be required but maybe physical therapy and some stronger anti-inflammatory meds... and a fairly lengthy healing time.   I am still able to move around OK but sometimes the pain is more than annoying.

I am suppose to have an appointment early next week... I am waiting for the date and time...   it will be just about an all-day affair, 2 hour travel time each way plus the MRI exam.
I wanted one of my gal-friends to go with me ... my tooth fairy Suitor#4 told me that she wants to drive me there but she might not be able to take the day off depending on the exact day of my appointment.... 
... but the next door Coffee Shop owner (and good friend) heard about what is going on with me (it's a very small town) and she offered take her time to drive me to my appointment...  what a sweet offer.

There is a small chance I will get a call later this afternoon telling me about a possible MRI appointment for tomorrow Friday... if that is the case my ToothFairy#4  always has Fridays off so she wants to take me tomorrow if it is the appointment day.

Now... heck with the pain, not too bad as long as I am sitting in my chair, back to work
so I can pay for the X-ray and MRI !!!! 
As a self-employed small business owner I don't have the benefit of some big company health insurance benefit, but I am smart enough to provide my own health insurance so the cost is usually mostly covered for most things.

I will report more as time goes on.

Hugs and thanks for reading and following my thread.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Danielle,

I am wishing you a good finding on the MRI and a good course of treatment

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Donica

I would do what the doctor says Danielle. Get that taken care of right away and don't try to do too much. Your too young to have back problems like some of us older ladies.

I have a few exercises that I have do for my back. I should do them every morning. I do, sorta. Well at least I stretch it out every morning.

Hope you feel better soon. Hugs.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

sarah1972

Oh no, Danielle! I am so sorry to hear that the fall has caused additional problems. I was hoping everything has healed up.
Now I do cross my fingers that the MRI does not turn up anything more problematic. So sweet to have friends who are willing to drive you!

Let us know if we need to send food (and cookies)!

Get better Danielle!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Faith

Owwww :( so sorry to hear that it was more than bruising.

As a chronic sufferer I can tell you, do what you're told until you're better ... then do it longer.
take care of yourself ... accept all the help that you get, ask for help when you need it.

hugs
Faith
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

islandgirl

I hope you hear quickly  concerning an appointment! Disc issues are a real 'pain'. I had a disc issue in my neck and had to have surgery. I really feel for people who have chronic pain. I would have on insane if I could not have had it fixed. A number of friends have disc issues in their lower back and physio is almost always the recommendation.

Sending positive thoughts and hugs!

Kelly
  •  

KathyLauren

So sorry to hear that the injuries from your fall are not minor and are not healing quickly.  Having back pain is no fun at all.  I hope that the doctors are able to come up with a treatment plan that will work for you and will let you recover as soon as possible.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I'm saddened to read your fall injuries have not gotten better.  I've fallen on ice several times and its always a long time to heal.  I don't bounce as well as I used to!  I'm happy to read you went to your doctor and hopefully the MRI won't find worse news.  Heal well. 
Hugs, Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Jessica

Danielle, I feel for you sister.  Nerve pain is the worst.  It has you chasing that comfortable stance, walk, sit, you name it, sometimes tying yourself in knots to reach it.
And once you find it, you end up tweaking another part by overcompensating.

I hope you feel better soon
Don't strain yourself, make your temp pick up the boxes.
Anti inflammatory medication is helpful for me, but I'm sure your doctor has advised you.

I've needed traction a few times to straighten me out.  Imagine if I didn't do that?  I could have been 5'-8" instead of 5'-10"?  Oof!

Soft hugs and smiles, Jess

@Alaskan Danielle

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

I hope you hear back from the doc and get the appointment for further assessment soon. Falls are never a lot of fun and to have them aggravate into more of an issue is even less fun. At least you had a very valid excuse to blame your fall on. I went sprawling into the middle of the street during a walk with Michelle in San Francisco this past Tuesday. The street was a little further down from the curb than I thought it was and I stumbled trying to regain my balance. It wasn't to be , and when I realized I was going down I turned the landing into a roll. Mr hair went flying from my head and outside of a raspberry on my knee the only thing hurt was my pride. I was a bit embarrassed at my klutziness too. No real harm done though it did scare Michelle pretty good. I lived.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 07, 2019, 05:17:03 PM
UPDATE:  Thursday afternoon 1:40 pm   March 07, 2019

Well, some of my personal health news to report:   
..............Last month on a snowy, icy and cold Monday, after work as I was locking up my office I slipped on the ice an snow and hurt my hip and my leg... big bruises followed, but eventually all seemed to be OK ...
... I reported this on my February 20th Update....   

Hugs and thanks for reading and following my thread.
Danielle[/b]

Its a long enough time for a bruise to heal. Sounds very pain and debilitating. I hope you get tot the bottom of it before to long and are on the mend soon...sending plenty of good Aussie healing vibes your way....take care of yourself and as we used to say in the motorcycling circles I moved in

"Stay upright"

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Rachel

Hi Danielle,

I hope you heal soon, especially since spring is around the corner.

I hurt my neck about 10 weeks ago and it took 8 weeks to get back to normal.

Rachel
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Sunday Morning 6:15AM  Daylight Savings Time   March 10, 2019

Wake up, wake up, sleepy heads.........  
So, you lost an HOUR of sleep last night but it is time to get up and get out of bed. 
Your day awaits you.

Getting ready for church this morning....  a lot of sleepy people with be there!!

- - - - - - - - -

Regarding my health issues
with my back and the quick appointment for the MRI I was able to get done on Friday....
... no word yet, I don't expect to hear from my local doctor until Monday....
...you know the drill, "hurry up and wait" !!! 

Because she doesn't work on Fridays I was able to have the company of my ToothFairy Dental Hygienist Suitor #4 drive with me there and back, 2 hours each way, then waiting at the hospital for the procedure;  afterwards we had lunch and we put in a little shopping time at some bigger stores that we don't have in my small town, before we headed back home,  it was basically an all day affair but it was a very enjoyable day with my Toothfairy.
........ so, I will be eagerly (and anxiously) awaiting to hear from my doctor, I will keep you all posted.

After church I will probably go into my office for a few hours to play catchup with some much needed work that I missed doing Friday and yesterday.........  I will be sure to have plenty of coffee from next door at the coffee shop.

Hugs and good thoughts,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 10, 2019, 08:41:33 AM
Sunday Morning 6:15AM  Daylight Savings Time   March 10, 2019

Wake up, wake up, sleepy heads.........  
So, you lost an HOUR of sleep last night but it is time to get up and get out of bed. 
Your day awaits you.

Getting ready for church this morning....  a lot of sleepy people with be there!!

- - - - - - - - -

Regarding my health issues
with my back and the quick appointment for the MRI I was able to get done on Friday....
... no word yet, I don't expect to hear from my local doctor until Monday....
...you know the drill, "hurry up and wait" !!! 

Because she doesn't work on Fridays I was able to have the company of my ToothFairy Dental Hygienist Suitor #4 drive with me there and back, 2 hours each way, then waiting at the hospital for the procedure;  afterwards we had lunch and we put in a little shopping time at some bigger stores that we don't have in my small town, before we headed back home,  it was basically an all day affair but it was a very enjoyable day with my Toothfairy.
........ so, I will be eagerly (and anxiously) awaiting to hear from my doctor, I will keep you all posted.

After church I will probably go into my office for a few hours to play catchup with some much needed work that I missed doing Friday and yesterday.........  I will be sure to have plenty of coffee from next door at the coffee shop.

Hugs and good thoughts,
Danielle

Danielle, I look at it as sleeping in an hour more, at least that's what the clock said I did.

I'm happy that your Tooth Fairy was able to be with you, especially on the long drive.
Did you two share any untold thoughts to each other?  She seems like such a keeper.

I hope your MRI shows that the bulge between the discs is on the mend.  Best care for that is not aggravating it.  If need be, spinal traction can reduce the inflammation and pressure on it.

Hugs and more hugs with a smile. Jess 🌸🌸🌸

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jessica

Danielle, I'm home alone and it's rainy.
Thought toasty toes would be nice!

cc: @Alaskan Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Wow, I wish it was just raining here.
Still have several feet of snow here.  My fire pit is completely buried..So my Toastie Toes times are still indoors,
Hugs,
Danielle
Quote from: Jessica on March 10, 2019, 02:47:09 PM
Danielle, I'm home alone and it's rainy.
Thought toasty toes would be nice!

cc: @Alaskan Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

sarah1972

I hope the MRI results come back soon and show that everything will be fine! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hugs,

Sarah

•