A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, December 30, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 03, 2019, 09:44:40 AM
@Faith
Dear Faith:

UGHH !!!
I don't particularly deal well with high heat and high humidity...   it is easier to bundle up!!!
Thanks for sharing... and wishing you well with your weather.

Hugs,
Danielle

I think we both need well wishes with our weather. Our heat index is 'feels like 92'   :o

stay warm
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 03, 2019, 09:38:01 AM
May 03, 2019, 6:30AM, The Weather Forecast was right! 

The temperature is hovering around 30 deg F and it is supposed to keep SNOWING until this afternoon.  I guess that gives me a pass to skip any spring cleanup yard work that I might have planned!!!

The perfect excuse for a yard work ditch, deference can be a good thing sometimes...

We have 50 and partly cloudy here to your south. 

Enjoy your day Danielle ! Summer will come in a day.....

C -
  •  

islandgirl

It is going to be a beautiful day here on the south Island! It is supposed to be around 14 deg C and partly cloudy. I got up a bit later today, 7:30 am and so am having a lazy start to my day . I probably with go for a walk along the shore and check out the cruise ships that are supposed to dock today, then go shopping for something for dinner. I tend to 'market shop' as I don't make my mind up as to what I want until day of! I sure need to get out for a walk and here, I have so many options as to where I can go! All with beautiful views of the water!

Don't envy your snow!

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Anne Blake

We live on the eastern side of the Rockies in wonderful Loveland, Colorado. Just a few days ago we had five inches of snow, it is currently 60 deg heading towards 80 by Monday and then a rain snow mix for the rest of the week. Got to love it.

BTW: Danielle, welcome out of the tax season, now go and enjoy your walks with your tooth fairy

Tia Anne
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I went to the Loveland area for a conference and I have to say that is a really nice place.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on May 03, 2019, 01:01:57 PM
I went to the Loveland area for a conference and I have to say that is a really nice place.

Until you've spent time with a few special people there, you don't know just how wonderful Loveland is! [emoji3590]

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jessica

You still need to do your spring cleaning girlfriend!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on May 04, 2019, 08:52:54 PM
You still need to do your spring cleaning girlfriend!

@Jessica
Dear Jess: 
It snowed all morning yesterday on Friday and there was well over a foot of snow on my driveway and porch.
After work yesterday I came home to make dinner for me and for my Tooth-Fairy.
Beef Stroganoff with lots of sauce and mushrooms:

It was a cold nasty day outside so after dinner we both sat in front of my fireplace, glasses of wine in hand, lots of great conversation ensued.

Today, Saturday,  I woke up to sunshine and it was just a little warmer day but still some snow on the ground...
certainly a good excuse for NOT doing any spring yard work outside.

Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jessica

Northern Star*Girl @Alaskan Danielle

Yesterday it was in the low 80's.
After I picked several thousand Ash tree sprouts.
The sun was my excuse for not spring cleaning.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donica

UGH!!! Spring cleaning. I don't have an excuse. Can I skip it anyway? I don't mind being lazy lol. Ok, one day at a time.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Tuesday morning....   May 07, 2019

It sure was cold last night and early this morning.... the temperature was 28 deg F when I woke up to make my morning coffee.

I decided to walk to work this morning so I bundled up and went on my way, my first stop when I got into town was the coffee shop for a nice hot espresso to take next door into my office.

Later today it is supposed to warm up to the mid to high 50's... sunny, no rain, no more snow.
I guess that my excuses for not doing my outside yard work are running out.   
This weekend I will start taking care of things outside my home.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

CynthiaAnn

That's a heat wave Danielle, the plants and shrubs are no doubt exploding there, and will be waiting to be tamed....

Have a wonderful day !

Cynthia -

•  

Jessica

I love your new avatar, I've missed your smile 🌸🌸🌸

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica
Dear Jess   aka: California Girl

Thank you for your kind words.   I know it has been some time since I have posted my pictures here...  later this month when the weather gets warmer I will try to post some hiking and outdoor pictures too.

Hugs and hugs and hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: Jessica on May 07, 2019, 01:30:48 PM
I love your new avatar, I've missed your smile 🌸🌸🌸

•  

Northern Star Girl

@CynthiaAnne
Dear Cynthia:
You are correct about when the weather turns warm and sunny, and with the very long daylight hours here, the plants, shrubs, and grass will explode...
BUT
...the bigger issue is the insects... they know they will only have a few months to make things happen and to propagate. 
Sometimes it feels like I am getting eaten alive unless I lather up all all the bug repellents... even then the Mosquitos are still a problem in the summer months...
... it is often said that the State Bird in Alaska is the Mosquito...
. ;).

Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 07, 2019, 01:18:11 PM
That's a heat wave Danielle, the plants and shrubs are no doubt exploding there, and will be waiting to be tamed....

Have a wonderful day !

Cynthia -

•  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 07, 2019, 04:09:13 PM

... it is often said that the State Bird in Alaska is the Mosquito...[/size]. ;).

Hugs,
Danielle

Having wandered a few trails there, and come across clusters of them in the bush, it can be overwhelming, good luck getting ahead of them around your place Danielle....

Hugs

C -
  •  

Donica

Ugh Danielle! I hate mosquitoes. They're going to be a problem down here too because of the rain we've had this season. I've seen the documentaries of the swarms of mosquitoes out in the open tundra harassing the elk and other critters. I hope you have mosquito nets around your patio for those warm lovely nights.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

sarah1972

Ah! The signature Danielle Smile is back in a lovely new Avatar! You look fantastic Danielle.

Hm - I always thought about Minnesota as the "Mosquito State" with its millions of lakes.

I hope you are well and you can enjoy the longer and hopefully soon warmer days.

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 07, 2019, 04:09:13 PM
@CynthiaAnne
Dear Cynthia:
You are correct about when the weather turns warm and sunny, and with the very long daylight hours here, the plants, shrubs, and grass will explode...
BUT
...the bigger issue is the insects... they know they will only have a few months to make things happen and to propagate. 
Sometimes it feels like I am getting eaten alive unless I lather up all all the bug repellents... even then the Mosquitos are still a problem in the summer months...
... it is often said that the State Bird in Alaska is the Mosquito...
. ;).

Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 07, 2019, 01:18:11 PM

Have a wonderful day !

Cynthia -

•  

Northern Star Girl

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
Thank your for your most kind comments.  As you noted I very seldom do not have smile on my face.  That alone makes it much more conducive to making new friends and acquaintances and can help to disarm anyone that wants to be less than friendly with me. 

Yes indeed the longer days, earlier Sunrises and later evening Sunsets are in full swing now with a little more than a month to go for the Summer Solstice when we in the Northern Hemisphere with have the longest days and shortest nights.  Yesterday there was more than 16 hours of daylight with the sun was shining brightly in the sky...  the days will keep getting longer and the nights getting shorter through June 21st.

Even though we had a foot or more of snow a couple weeks ago, the warmer weather is here to hopefully stay for several months now...   
Temperatures today got up to the low to mid 50's and will soon become more moderate later this week and future months to approach the mid-60's, even can get into the 70's in July and August. ....   
...and as I mentioned, the bugs and mosquitoes are going to know about this and start furiously buzzing around.   
My lawn, trees and flowers are also taking note and will soon to grow and to bloom thus triggering my need to do some outdoor yard-work.

Thank you again for your comments and visiting my thread.  You are always welcome here.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 08, 2019, 06:37:31 AM
Ah! The signature Danielle Smile is back in a lovely new Avatar! You look fantastic Danielle.

Hm - I always thought about Minnesota as the "Mosquito State" with its millions of lakes.

I hope you are well and you can enjoy the longer and hopefully soon warmer days.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

davina61

As this has turned into the weather forecast!!! Its been very wet and cold but clearing and its dry and sunny next week 17 Deg C . Picked the right week for an holiday. Saying that need to spring clean my flat
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •