News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

MtF and dating men who prefer women

Started by Beverly Anne, December 30, 2018, 07:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beverly Anne

Hi ladies,

Dating in general can be a hassle, but when you add being MtF, it can get really complicated. I'm out there for the first time since transition, and I'm pre-op. It's hard meeting someone, and I discussed my frustration with my therapist. She suggested online dating, so I've been giving it a try for about six months now. I started out dating lesbian women. That was interesting, and one girl fell in love, but that was not something I was ready to reciprocate, so we stopped dating. My approach was to disclose after a few dates, and that went well sometimes and not so well others. I'm thinking of copyrighting the phrase "guess what?" ;D

With that experience, I realized that I'm really more attracted to men, so I've started dating men. And, I changed my approach. I put in my profile that I'm Mtf to avoid issues on the first date and for safety reasons. As you'd expect, the pool is rather small for this particular dating niche. I'm dating someone I like, now, and it's getting more and more serious. He knows I'm having GCS in July, but that's not a requirement for him. I guess if you're physically attracted to someone, have compatible interests and enjoy their company anything can happen.

Those of you whom have gone before me, are there any pitfalls I should avoid? Any words of wisdom? Before you suggest, I've done a background check and health record check, with his permission, of course. A girl can't be too careful. Thanks for any advice! 
Be authentic and live life unafraid!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Beverly Anne on December 30, 2018, 07:10:46 PM
Hi ladies,

Dating in general can be a hassle, but when you add being MtF, it can get really complicated. I'm out there for the first time since transition, and I'm pre-op. It's hard meeting someone, and I discussed my frustration with my therapist. She suggested online dating, so I've been giving it a try for about six months now. I started out dating lesbian women. That was interesting, and one girl fell in love, but that was not something I was ready to reciprocate, so we stopped dating. My approach was to disclose after a few dates, and that went well sometimes and not so well others. I'm thinking of copyrighting the phrase "guess what?" ;D

With that experience, I realized that I'm really more attracted to men, so I've started dating men. And, I changed my approach. I put in my profile that I'm Mtf to avoid issues on the first date and for safety reasons. As you'd expect, the pool is rather small for this particular dating niche. I'm dating someone I like, now, and it's getting more and more serious. He knows I'm having GCS in July, but that's not a requirement for him. I guess if you're physically attracted to someone, have compatible interests and enjoy their company anything can happen.

Those of you whom have gone before me, are there any pitfalls I should avoid? Any words of wisdom? Before you suggest, I've done a background check and health record check, with his permission, of course. A girl can't be too careful. Thanks for any advice!

Gosh I did not even know that you could do a health record check on someone, even with permission.  That is interesting.  Is this a HIV or a sexually transmitted disease check?

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Beverly Anne

Yes, you can do an STD check. I'm in healthcare, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
  •  

Linde

I also talked with my therapist about the possibility to find a partner.  She also recommended online dating.  But i have no clue where to start and what to do.  I am out of the dating world for almost 30 years, and would not even know how people date today!

It would be nice if we could get some kind of list about dating sites that are semi safe for trans people!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Lyric

I clicked this thread expecting to see how dating men who prefer women relates to makeup, but you haven't mentioned cosmetics yet. I don't have any insights on your situation, but your lipstick looks nice. Maybe we should throw some makeup talk in just to justify the category. I'm guessing most men would prefer an MTF to look very feminine, anyway.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

Beverly Anne

Quote from: Lyric on December 31, 2018, 09:59:27 AM
I clicked this thread expecting to see how dating men who prefer women relates to makeup, but you haven't mentioned cosmetics yet. I don't have any insights on your situation, but your lipstick looks nice. Maybe we should throw some makeup talk in just to justify the category. I'm guessing most men would prefer an MTF to look very feminine, anyway.
I have no idea how this ended up in the "makeup" section. I didn't choose that. Any way, thanks for the compliment on the lipstick.
  •