Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Need Trans Girl fiction/nonfiction Books as Escapism for Gender Dysforia

Started by TamiLynn, January 01, 2019, 02:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamiLynn

For a number of reasons, a month and a half ago I stopped HRT and gave up on my dreams of transitioning. To try to manage the dysphoria, I'm on 3 different anxiety/depression med. two of them a maximum dosage.

I've found that escapism through reading helps me keep my dysphoria manageable. I need help with recommendations of trans girl young adult novels. But I'm having more and more trouble finding suitable books. This is what I've read so far, please look at the list and let me know of any that you think are good that are not on the list:

If I was Your Girl – Meredith Russo
Love in Transition – Emma Marie Leya
The Journey – Adrienne Nash
The Passing of Little Tough Guy – Adrienne Nash
Owning Lilli - Adrienne Nash
Suddenly This Summer - Adrienne Nash
From the Ashes - Adrienne Nash
Prejudice and Sensitivities - Adrienne Nash
High Heels in a Minefield – N.L. Paradox
Luna – Julie Anne Peters
Becoming Nicole – Amy Ellis Nutt
Almost Perfect – Brian Katcher
Gracefully Grayson – Ami Polonsky
Being Emily – Rachel Gold
Just Girls - Rachel Gold
The Art of Being Normal – Lisa Williamson
Having Her Back – Ann Gallagher
  •  

NatalieRene

Look for a site called fictionmania and search for a series of stories called remix. That one was the most profound for me.

You could also start working on your voice and try second life.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@TamiLynn 
Dear Tami:
    I am happy to see your first posting and that you signed up as a member of Susan's Place. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@TamiLynn
Oh, and another thing, TamiLynn,
Please make a point to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself.   

Your introduction there will permit other members here to know of your arrival... and you can expect more sharing of thoughts with other members... an as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to any of your specific questions and concerns..

NOTE  Now, after all of this Official Greeting stuff I will let you now have your thread back so you can seek the answers you are asking for and time for you to do some more postings..

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place,,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

You will like Dreadnought by April Daniels - also Sovereign by the same author.

Kind regards, Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Lisa89125

Being Jazz: My Life as a (Transgender) Teen.

I want to read Becoming Nicole this summer.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

BlueJaye

I was shocked to find myself really enjoying Caitlyn Jenner's book "The Secrets of My Life". I really expected it to be awful, but for the most part I really enjoyed it.
  •