Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Short hairstyles

Started by Sky1090, January 03, 2019, 09:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky1090

So I'm really looking to get rid of my wig eventually. I really like having long hair but I would love to go natural. I decided to snap a picture without my wig tonight. I really am not sure if my facial shape will be good for a layered undercut but it's what I'm going for for now. I have to maintain the ability to go to "dude mode" since my family still is not in the know about my transition.

Anyway, I'm 28 pre HRT. I will be starting hormones when my fiancé and I start couples therapy in a few months. I want her to understand everything before I start the medical side of things. I feel like she doesn't quite grasp what this is and why I need to begin my transition. But here are two pics. One without the wig and one with. Should I keep the wig until my natural hair grows this long or should I be okay with a layered cut like the third picture? Anyone have any other short styles they'd like to show off? I'd love to get some ideas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

NatalieRene

I would say the sooner you start hrt the better. You're the age I was when I transitioned and from your photos I think you are a similar build. If you start taking the hormones before therapy you probably won't have too many visible changes if you start therapy in a few months.

Is there a reason why therapy does not start for a few more months?

I don't want to be an alarmist but the longer you are on T the more it will make you look masculine over time even with the slow start.

Oh and that hairstyle you photographed is very cute and similar to styles with longer hair when put up if you want longer hair at some point.
  •  

Sky1090

Well it's not really my therapist holding off. It's the uncertainty with my fiancé and other life changes going on. We are going to be moving into a new apartment soon, I'm getting settled in a new job, she's finishing up school. I'm trying g to lighten her stress right now. I dont know exactly how prepared for this she is, so I'm easing her into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •