Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What did you get for Christmas?

Started by Julia1996, January 04, 2019, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Hi everyone.  So what did you get for Christmas?

What was your favorite/best gift? I don't mean the most expensive I mean the gift that meant the most to you. Mine was from my boyfriend.  He gave me some erotic panties and thongs. It was my favorite gift because since my surgery I can finally wear that type of thing!!😊

What was your most unusual/ creative gift?  Mine was from my brother. He bought me a bunch of everyday stuff he knows I use. Bath gel, body spray, Terry hair ties, makeup remover pads, etc. He wraps each item and then puts all of it in a big box and wraps that. He gives me this as one of his gifts every year.

What was the funniest/most useless gift you got. This spot is usually filled by my great Aunt. She lives out of state but she always mails us Christmas gifts. She has dementia so her gifts can be unusual. This year she sent me five gift cards for "blockbuster video". I didn't know what that even was until my dad told me it had been out of business for like 20 years. On the back of the cards it said they expired in like 1996. Lol! I'm not making fun of my great aunt, it's very sweet that she sends us stuff and I always send her a thank you letter. Rather a strange custom to actually write a letter and then actually mail it when we have email and texting but my Aunt expects an actual letter. My grandma tells me that at one time thank you letters were just considered proper etiquette and not sending them was considered quite rude. Wow. But anyway we always look forward to her unusual gifts. One year she sent Tyler two boxes of golf balls. Tyler has never even stepped on a golf course in his life. Lol. But my grandpa said they were expensive golf balls and was happy to take them off Tyler's hands.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Jessica

One of the more enjoyable gifts I received was you returning to the forums Julia!
❤️❤️❤️
Second was the outdoor ping pong table for the oasis.
🌸🌸🌸

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Kylo

I didn't want anything this year in particular, but I did get this

maybe someone's trying to tell me something
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Jessica on January 04, 2019, 10:27:57 AM
One of the more enjoyable gifts I received was you returning to the forums Julia!
❤️❤️❤️
Second was the outdoor ping pong table for the oasis.
🌸🌸🌸

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

Aww, that's so sweet. Thank you.😊
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ErinAscending

I got a custom engraved key ring made by an artist my wife knows from the Phish community.  It has lyrics to a song which means quite a lot to me.  I also got a JCPenny gift card to get some new clothes for myself.

<3
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. - Oscar Wilde
  •  

Northern Star Girl

The best Christmas and New Year's gift is one that I gave myself.  I planned and took the long trip back to my old home town to finally visit my parents, extended family and old friends after a long 2 years of not seeing them or even being able to freely communicate with any of them since I relocated here to my new town.

Overall I have a good visit... fairly good acceptance from most everyone there with only a few exceptions.

Truly a wonderful and much needed Christmas Gift.

NOTE:  .... and @Julia1996 ... I will reinterate the welcome back that @Jessica mentioned in her reply comment....  I am so glad to see that you returned and are again sharing you thoughts with your "family" here on the Forums.

Hugs, and well wishes to all my friends here.... I consider you "family"
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

NatalieRene

I got an Apple AirPod set of headphones.

Also it wasn't a gift but I won an AppleTV 4K 64GB at work before Christmas.  ;D
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Kylo on January 04, 2019, 10:42:10 AM

Interesting gift. I suppose it's better then your prized horse's head on your bed when you wake up but wow.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

My favorite/best gift was having my family around on Christmas day.  My wife and I enjoyed time with our son, daughter in law and granddaughters.  The girls are still young so a good time was had with presents. 

As to unusual, I didn't get anything odd but instead of a practical gift I gave my son a large remote control car for use outside.  He liked it and it was a big hit with my older granddaughter.  I guess I now know what to get for her upcoming 6th BD!

Thanks for posting this question Julia!  It's nice to see you back.  You have been missed!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Susan Baum

Great topic, Julia

My greatest gift was actually being with my family on Christmas and remembering there is no sweeter sound than children's laughter. (A year ago my Christmas was in a Denver hospital ICU.)

Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Kylo on January 04, 2019, 10:42:10 AM

Somebody's  good at taking the piss !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Kylo

I quite like it. It's nice and warm. Not one to wear while visiting the gran but I won't be visiting her any time soon anyhow.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Kylo on January 05, 2019, 04:17:29 PM
I quite like it. It's nice and warm. Not one to wear while visiting the gran but I won't be visiting her any time soon anyhow.

I imagine it would be warm ... from fire. That's a goat head and the distressed star. I couldn't accept such a gift.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Kylo on January 05, 2019, 04:17:29 PM
I think you need to go on a nice holiday tour of Alabama.(wearing it of course)
Kirsten x.

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

christinej78

Dear Julia,                      05 January 2019

My Christmas gift came a bit early the day after Thanksgiving; our Dena, the Love of my life, Saved It (my Life).

My second Christmas gift is Julia posting again. You are one of my favorites; you have a great talent as a writer. I hope some day to see you blossom into a famous award winning author.

Thank You again Dena, I Love You, Chris

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Kylo

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on January 05, 2019, 04:29:25 PM
I think you need to go on a nice holiday tour of Alabama.(wearing it of course)
Kirsten x.

I do like Alabama Fudge.

Not so much lying in ditches.

The only Alabamian I know now lives in L.A. so there goes my cheap stay.
  •  

King Malachite

I got money, gift cards, aloe vera juice, and a handmade bracelet.  I especially loved the aloe vera juice.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

DawnOday

Hey Sweetie, So glad you decided to write a comment or two. You have been missed greatly. Even though you are much younger than us old hags, it is always a joy to see your vision of things. So glad you are wearing panties and not a gaff.  You always have an interesting take on things. I hope your recovery is going well. Your spirit was greatly missed. How is everyone doing these days? Did Dad enjoy Christmas?  JoAnn and I bought a 70 inch tv for ourselves.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Qooqle

I was celebrating it among friends and I got a pack of expensive socks, a couple of shampoo bottles, and a bottle of very good rum. I was very happy :) But what was bad is gifts I wanted to present didn't arrive on time. I misspelled my zip code (I moved to another city recently and totally forgot about it).

<Post modified Admin>
  •  

V M

Hi Qooqle  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

How about stopping by our Introductions Forum and introducing yourself so more folks can get to know you a bit better  ;)

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that we offer to all new members to help them along

Things that you should read

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •