Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Wig Malfunction - Almost

Started by sally0196, January 06, 2019, 11:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sally0196

So, today, Sunday, is my regular day out as Sally.  As usual, I began with a stop at the coffee shop followed by a trip to the mall.  It was a pretty day with lots of sunshine, but the wind, unfortunately, was howling.  Now, I have never, ever, used anything to secure my wigs, other than the tension of the wig's band, and this has never been a problem, until today that is.  Halfway from my car to the front door of the department store I felt the wind lift the crown of my wig and had I not been quick, it would have been blown away.  Fortunately, I escaped disaster, but only just barely.  I had a good bit of readjusting to do once I was actually inside the store.

After my heart stopped racing, I had a bit of a chuckle about my near wig fail.  I could just envision myself, suddenly chasing my hair across the parking lot, all-the-while, wearing a skirt and high heel boots.  It would have been quite a sight, I'm sure.  Perhaps on the next windy day, Bobbie pins, tape, or adhesive should be a part of my hair preparation routine. Yikes! :laugh:

Hugs,

Sally
  •  

debrahelen

A couple of weeks ago I caught my wig on the car door frame getting out of the car - a near disaster ensued! Like you, I was able to put my hand up in time to catch it and readjust.  Occasionally I use a bobby pin or clip when it is windy, but usually the hair is pretty good about staying in place.
Deb
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Sounds like a couple of good "saves."

:)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

OMG, once in grocery store parking lot Tyler and  I saw the wind blow this woman's wig off her head. She chased after it but it blew under a car. We almost hurt ourselves from laughing so hard.😂😂 It's not only wigs that can fail. Once I was at the store checkout with my grandma and she started to say something and her top denture fell out of her mouth onto the conveyor and started moving up with the groceries.  I actually had to find a bench to sit on because I was laughing so hard! She got so mad at me for laughing she drove off and left me at the store. She came back after like 10 minutes though. And then there was the time when I had first transitioned and was wearing those silicone breast forms. I was at Walmart with my dad and I bent over to look at something and they both fell out and hit the floor. Of course there were two cute guys in the aisle when it happened and of course they saw it and started laughing. I wanted to just die right there and I ran out to the car. My dad came to the car and handed me my breast forms and had to wait until he wasn't laughing so hard before he could drive out of the parking lot. Yeah, it's not funny when stuff like that happens to me.😡
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 06, 2019, 12:42:50 PM
OMG, once in grocery store parking lot Tyler and  I saw the wind blow this woman's wig off her head. She chased after it but it blew under a car. We almost hurt ourselves from laughing so hard.[emoji23][emoji23]

That's mean... I hope someone tried to help her. And yeah it's not funny when it happens to you is it! Lol

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

sally0196

Oh my gosh Julia, I couldn't imagine having my boobs fall to the floor.  I have gone out on a couple of occasions, however, without my breast forms.  I'm always amazed how distractions can lead me to forget my two most prominent assets.

And Debra, I hope you didn't damage your wig on the door frame.

Hugs,

Sally
  •  

debrahelen

Quote from: sally0196 on January 06, 2019, 03:32:41 PM
Oh my gosh Julia, I couldn't imagine having my boobs fall to the floor.  I have gone out on a couple of occasions, however, without my breast forms.  I'm always amazed how distractions can lead me to forget my two most prominent assets.

And Debra, I hope you didn't damage your wig on the door frame.

Hugs,

Sally

Quick reactions, fortunately, Sally :) :)
  •  

KathyLauren

I have had very few near misses.  There was one windy day when my wig didn't feel too secure.  I dashed from the car to wherever I was going with my hand firmly planted on top of the wig, looking just like any other lady trying to hold her hair in place.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •