Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Are We Back? Is This Live?

Started by BritneyX, January 14, 2019, 06:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritneyX

So is everyone still in denial that Susan's went dark, for like, forever!   :'(  What was your experience/mood during this time?

Mine was quite an anxious wait; checking about 10-20 times a day, I don't think I have any nails left!  At first, I thought my huge post had crashed the server, as I was live when it crashed.  Then I thought that perhaps I said something that offended and got the dreaded skull and crossbones IP ban.  After a quick check from a different IP/device, that was confirmed as a, "Girl, you worry too much."   As the default Debian server landing responded, I knew what happened, server crash.   There has been an overwhelming sense of loneliness for not being able to talk to the Family here or get the updates on those achieving the milestones or taking that leap of Faith.   Glad we are back online.  Miss y'all!   
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •  

Linde

You say it lady, i even found another, way smaller Trans forum.  Lot's of nice people there, too!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

BritneyX

Quote from: Dietlind on January 14, 2019, 08:31:50 PM
You say it lady, i even found another, way smaller Trans forum.  Lot's of nice people there, too!
Looks like there was another hiccup.  Probably a server load balancing backend process had to clone and synch its databases.
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •  

Linde

Quote from: BritneyX on January 14, 2019, 11:27:13 PM
Looks like there was another hiccup.  Probably a server load balancing backend process had to clone and synch its databases.
I would not have known, was gone the entire day planning some women's lib actions.

•  

sarah1972

Unfortunately stuff like this happens. A few things came together and it took much longer to rebuild.

Usually the Susan's Place Facebook page has some sort of update posted in case the server is having prolonged issues.

There is also a Discord Server which is independent of the main server:

link:

https://discord.gg/rq7aMe

Discord was one copying mechanism during the downtime. In addition, I had established a few outside channels with members on here which we used much more than usual.

Lucky me, I was not tempted to get lost in >-bleeped-< or similar crazy places.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Linde

Quote from: sarah1972 on January 15, 2019, 07:58:11 PM
Unfortunately stuff like this happens. A few things came together and it took much longer to rebuild.

Usually the Susan's Place Facebook page has some sort of update posted in case the server is having prolonged issues.

link:

Discord was one copying mechanism during the downtime. In addition, I had established a few outside channels with members on here which we used much more than usual.

Hugs,

Sarah
I started with >-bleeped-< long before I knew about Susan's.  In fact the bitching there about Susan's made me nosy , and that was how I came to this place.
There is some good stuff to be found on >-bleeped-<, one just have to be aware that a lot of abuse is going on there, because it is hardly moderated!

The Discord server is way to hectic for me, I can't read as fast as people post there, and once I am ready to hit answer, the subject has changed 50 times over!

•  

sarah1972

Very true @Dietlind - It helped me find the OBGYN which is handling my hormones right now. I am glad you did get nosy and ended up here :-)

Quote from: Dietlind on January 15, 2019, 09:15:15 PM

link:

Hugs,

Sarah
I started with >-bleeped-< long before I knew about Susan's.  In fact the bitching there about Susan's made me nosy , and that was how I came to this place.
There is some good stuff to be found on >-bleeped-<, one just have to be aware that a lot of abuse is going on there, because it is hardly moderated!

The Discord server is way to hectic for me, I can't read as fast as people post there, and once I am ready to hit answer, the subject has changed 50 times over!

•  

BritneyX

link:

Hugs,

Sarah
I avoid Farcebook like the plaque, but never had dealt with Discord.  I know that is what my 12 year old Daughter was lead to get onto by her female cousin and was getting lured by a 20 year old sexual predator.  I try to keep social media to a minimum.  I loathe snoops and hate them even more when they eavesdrop on my life to sell that info to the highest bidder without permission.  I am happy with the forum medium.  It is so old school, but not like the old BBS that launched it all. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: sarah1972 on January 15, 2019, 09:27:15 PM
Very true @Dietlind - It helped me find the OBGYN which is handling my hormones right now. I am glad you did get nosy and ended up here :-)

I had to change my identity on >-bleeped-< several times, because I had some real nasty stalkers over there.  If  one wants to keep ones sanity participating there, one better is prepared for getting hit quite bit!
One person searched out every bit I wrote, and added an answer to ridicule me, only because I dared to write that I consider myself to be lesbian!

•