Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you sometimes wear clips/barrettes in your hair to keep it out of your face?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 18, 2019, 12:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

As my hair gets longer, I do love to have it around my face.  I enjoy moving it around, tucking it behind my ears, and even sometimes playing with it.

However, at times, I have to admit it is annoying that it covers my eyes or otherwise gets in the way, especially so when I need to do some work that clearly would benefit from having both of my eyes clearly being able to look at something.  My hair is not that long, however If I comb it straight down in the front, the ends of my bangs can reach my mouth. 

To deal with this, I have been wearing a thin hair clip to hold the hair down and to the side.
Even my sideswept bangs can cover one of my eyes if I comb my hair sideways.

I guess the growing head hair is both a benefit and a drawback of being a woman.  At least it is all my hair, not that I do not love a nice long hair wig.   :)    You can wear some really cute hair embellishments with longer hair, they really can be very feminine adornments.   :)   Some can look nice with shorter hair too.   :)

So do any of you find yourself in the situation that you need to hold down your hair to get it out of the way?   It is a "small price to pay" that is for sure, and sometimes may even pretty up your hair. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Wendi

My natural hair isn't long enough now to worry about. Hopefully it'll start growing faster and I won't have to use a wig. :)

With my wig I sometimes do use clips or bobby pins to keep it out of my eyes. I also like the pins to help shape the hair on my forehead.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

Cassi

Good topic question.  Personally, I sometimes put my hair in a ponytail especially if I wear a cap and at night when I'm asleep - I think waking up in the middle of the night chewing on my hair wisened me up to that.

I still have some bald areas but don't wear wigs so when I part my hair sometimes I wish I had something to hold that hair into place.  Eventually, it will be long enough to part over and fit into the ponytail.

:)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

barbie

Hair accessories are not just for clearing your eye areas from hair. They can be used for straightening curly hair. And above all, they can be useful in attracting attention and accentuating your hair whey you wear monotonous clothes. I keep various hair accessories.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Anne Blake

I sometimes use clips to hold my hair back to the sides of my head, sometimes I clip it up in a bun (especially at night, it simplifies brushing out in the mornings). Other times I will use my sunglasses on top of my head to hold the hair back out of my eyes or out of my mouth while eating.

Good luck,
Tia Anne
  •  

Dani

I pull my hair to the back of my head and I use a hair band to keep it there. I just do not enjoy getting my hair in my mouth. Without the hair band, my hair is always in my eyes or mouth. This is just so annoying, so I use the hair bands.

I suppose I could get a hair cut, but that is just not my style. This is a small price to pay for being myself.
  •  

Faith

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

TonyaW

I haven't been too successful when I've tried barrettes etc. in the past.  I do use a UW Badgers scrunchie for my ponytail on fall Saturdays. I have a Packer ribbon hair tie for Sundays but I'm not too good at getting that right without twisting the ribbons

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Chloe

Ponytail girl here but like the accessory suggestions  ;) Lately been tying low to one side so it drapes over my shoulder rather than hanging straight back. Avoids being caught in a car seat should I suddenly look down . . . and easier to nervous nibble is so inclined?

What's/is there a trick to braiding one's own hair? You know your hair is getting longer (again) if one can reach around and grab it behind your back! I understand *straight* hair is much stronger than *curly* and final length is directly related to duration of growth (Anagen to Catagen) phases.

lol Went for Birthday dinner last night daughter-in-law did "Dream of Genie" hair style with ponytail sticking straight up on top of head!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Faith on January 19, 2019, 10:41:19 AM
nothing wrong with hair clips, barrettes, or a bit of deco ...

Faith,

That is an absolutely gorgeous look with your ponytail and adornment.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: TonyaW on January 19, 2019, 10:51:17 AM
I haven't been too successful when I've tried barrettes etc. in the past.  I do use a UW Badgers scrunchie for my ponytail on fall Saturdays. I have a Packer ribbon hair tie for Sundays but I'm not too good at getting that right without twisting the ribbons

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Go Pack, go! From a former Wisconsonite (over 40 years long)!  I have Badger stickers decorating the rear of my motorhome!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Faith

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 19, 2019, 01:56:20 PM
Faith,
That is an absolutely gorgeous look with your ponytail and adornment.   :)
Chrissy

Thank you Chrissy.  :-* I still don't know where the blond is coming from  >:( . My natural color is almost black, before it went silvery-gray.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Dani

Quote from: Faith on January 19, 2019, 03:38:58 PM
I still don't know where the blond is coming from  >:( . My natural color is almost black, before it went silvery-gray.

Same here.

I started out with dark brown, then went to black as a teen and 20's. I started turning a little gray in my late 30's and each year, I just got more gray. Now I noticed a few blondish streaks in my hair, but it is mainly silver gray.

I am happy to just have hair of any color.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Dani on January 19, 2019, 08:31:37 PM
Same here.

I started out with dark brown, then went to black as a teen and 20's. I started turning a little gray in my late 30's and each year, I just got more gray. Now I noticed a few blondish streaks in my hair, but it is mainly silver gray.

I am happy to just have hair of any color.
I was like you, dark brown turning almost black later.  I did not see any gray hair until I was close to end of 50, and after that I turned gray very fast, just in the back of my head is some black hair left .  Now all of a sudden, I have  new black hair starting to come out in the front of my hairline.  Might look funny in the future, an almost black ponytail gray hair in the middle and black bangs in the front!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Faith on January 19, 2019, 03:38:58 PM
Thank you Chrissy.  :-* I still don't know where the blond is coming from  >:( . My natural color is almost black, before it went silvery-gray.

I think the color of your hair looks nice.   :)

Chrissy
  •  

Maid Marion

Quote from: Dietlind on January 19, 2019, 09:05:39 PM
.  Now all of a sudden, I have new black hair starting to come out in the front of my hairline.  Might look funny in the future, an almost black ponytail gray hair in the middle and black bangs in the front!

I've noticed that too!  Maybe it is the stress relief? 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on January 19, 2019, 09:05:39 PM
I was like you, dark brown turning almost black later.  I did not see any gray hair until I was close to end of 50, and after that I turned gray very fast, just in the back of my head is some black hair left .  Now all of a sudden, I have  new black hair starting to come out in the front of my hairline.  Might look funny in the future, an almost black ponytail gray hair in the middle and black bangs in the front!

Linde,

Maybe your estrogen is growing new hair for you?

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Maid Marion on January 19, 2019, 09:57:04 PM
I've noticed that too!  Maybe it is the stress relief?
i don't know, I did not feel stressed before, but who knows?  I men those new hairs (there are not many coming out, yet?) ar really black!

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 19, 2019, 10:00:00 PM

Linde,

Maybe your estrogen is growing new hair for you?

Chrissy
I don't know,  I have no receding hairline to start with, and the black hair is growing in between the existing gray hairs.  Might be that the estrogen found some old never used hair follicles, and decided to activate them?
Those and my swollen feet may be the only things estrogen is doing for me.  I know that spiiro works, because I have to run every two hours or so to the bathroom to drain.  i now have to plan any activity such, that i am near a restroom facility every two hours  .

•  

NatalieRene

I wear all sorts of things like Bobby pins of various colors and some with decorative designs or flowers. I also wear various clips with various finishes. Then there are the hair bands and pony tail bands. Berets are nice because they can have some additional style and serve a similar purpose to Bobby pins. Then there are the larger ones that are very nice.
  •