Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

FACIAL HAIR REMOVAL

Started by Cassi, January 18, 2019, 05:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Wow, it's been a while since I started a post and I don't get on-site all the time either so bear, or bare, with me.  I've been transitioning for over a year now and some things have been taking time, like the twins,lol 

When it comes to facial hair removal, I have read others comments and the various ways they have accomplished the hair removal.  I had considered just getting my face waxed and finally the opportunity arose when I was having my eyebrows waxed.  The salon person just thought I was some lady with facial hairs and asked if I wanted her to wax my upper lip, cheeks, chin and neck.  At the time I thought the hairs weren't long enough for the wax to take hold so I waited a few days, more like four.  The wait was terrible as my beard which has never been heavy was enough to stop me from wearing make-up and I felt ugly for lack of a better word.

Then I went to the salon and had it all waxed.  Pain wise it can't be any worse in my mind than the other forms of hair removal so I survived and I felt like I had been freed when I touched my face for the first time since pre-puberty and no hair.  I use to shave every other day before this and now every 4-5 days because I feel the hairs not because I see them.  I'll be going in another month and having them wax it again.

Also, I wanted to mention a product I heard about called Vaniqa.  It's a prescription lotion that you place on your face that supposedly retards the hair growth.  It's not a dilapidator but stops hair from growing back like it was before.  I've requested my doctor who prescribes my HRT to give me a prescription for it.  Depending on how much it cost we'll see.

I invite any comments anyone has including those who have gone the wax route and if anyone has had any experience with the Vaniqa.

Cheers to no Beards :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jessica

Hi Cassi! Nice to see you posting again 🌸🌸🌸
In my case if I attempted waxing my face, as dense and coarse as it is.....they would hear the scream a mile away.
One thing to think about......is electrolysis.
I'm not trying to convince you of going that route, but if you have epilated, plucked, tweezed or waxed it could damage the follicles in a way that makes it harder to remove by electrolysis if you decide to do it later.
I did start my electrolysis in October and have 30+ hours in and have scheduled through April, when at that point I will have had nearly 100 hours in.
Check out my thread "Electrolysis Newbie" to see how that has gone so far if you would like.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Julie -2010

Cassi,

Go for the laser and electrolysis.  If you have dark hair laser is pretty good.  Fast not very painful. (in my case).  I did a ton of laser early on and it didn't stop the hairs totally but really made them thinner.  I'm going with the electrolysis now and it is a longer process and hurts more than laser but clears the hair pretty good.  My face now is pretty clear of hair.  I'm still going but no where near the amount of hair I had before.  Feels so nice to have a smooth face.

Hope that helps.
Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Cassi

Thanks. My beard is light which is kinda sad since one doesn't work well.  We'll see as time goes on. 

One thing I have learned over the past year is not to be surprised when things or circumstances change :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Cassi on January 18, 2019, 07:20:48 PM
One thing I have learned over the past year is not to be surprised when things or circumstances change :)

I'm happy to see that smile on your face! 
Life is one big lesson. I learn something new everyday!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•