Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Some concerns about medically detransitioning

Started by MissAmandaJones, January 19, 2019, 06:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissAmandaJones

I went off HRT about four months ago. I was 24, almost 25, when I started HRT, now I'm 27.

I have noticed rapid changes since stopping, and I have been masculinizing in ways I did not anticipate. I am growing more hair around the belly button than I had before and have been growing more facial hair than before. In addition my skin is pratically dripping with oil and I have acne all over my whole body. I had bloodwork done and my T is still not very high, and is on the lower end of typical male T levels.

I wonder what this is about. Am I going through male puberty a second time? In addition to the hair, I wonder if my voice is going to drop again and if my hairline will recede quickly, similar to how I've experienced these other changes so quickly. That would really suck.

I really don't want to look and sound much more male than I did before I started transitioning.
  •  

Dena

Testosterone is a very powerful hormone. If you look at some of the FTMs you will understand what I mean as they can become fairly masculine within a couple of years. Men continue to masculinize into their 40s and 50s though the changes may not be as noticeable unless you compare them to pictures of their younger self. Even with no sex hormones in your system, some of the changes will revert. I found that facial and body fat tended to deposit in my waist and belly area even though I had a reasonable BMI number. I am not sure why you discontinued HRT but possibly a low dose might be a good solution to this.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Maid Marion

It takes a while to grow a good beard. 

As for your hairline, what is your family history on the male side?  I have a friend who lost a lot of hair in his 20s.  I am lucky to still have a lot of hair in my 50s.

Even without HRT, my body shape is very feminine because I have very little belly fat, my fat is in the butt and thighs.  This gives me a nice hourglass look.
  •  

MissAmandaJones

All the weight I'm gaining (my appetite has increased significantly) seems to be going to my belly as well. I went off because I"m not interested in transitioning anymore.
  •  

MissAmandaJones

Quote from: Maid Marion on January 19, 2019, 07:50:38 PM
It takes a while to grow a good beard. 

As for your hairline, what is your family history on the male side?  I have a friend who lost a lot of hair in his 20s.  I am lucky to still have a lot of hair in my 50s.

Wow, you don't look a day over 22! My dad had significant hair loss by the time of his death at 54, and he was definitely thinning a bit when he was 30.
  •  

Dena

You might consider a DHT blocker to preserve your hair and possibly reduce some of the physical changes. DHT is the hormone that does most of the damage so that would minimize the changes. If you try a DHT blocker watch for symptoms carefully. Most people don't have problems with those drugs but the few that do, have serious side effects. There is also more than one drug so if you have problems with one, there may be an alternative.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Maid Marion

Thanks!  My doctor says that of all her patients, I'm the only one that has no problems with diet and exercise!  It has been like that for years! I get my exercise growing flowers and doing yard work.  I just had a neighbor call out to me over the fence that he can't wait for the flowers to start up again in a few months. In my yard I have flowers continuously from March until the hard frosts in November.
  •  

Joelene9

Quote from: MissAmandaJones on January 19, 2019, 06:16:16 PM
I went off HRT about four months ago. I was 24, almost 25, when I started HRT, now I'm 27.

I have noticed rapid changes since stopping, and I have been masculinizing in ways I did not anticipate. I am growing more hair around the belly button than I had before and have been growing more facial hair than before. In addition my skin is pratically dripping with oil and I have acne all over my whole body. I had bloodwork done and my T is still not very high, and is on the lower end of typical male T levels.

I wonder what this is about. Am I going through male puberty a second time? In addition to the hair, I wonder if my voice is going to drop again and if my hairline will recede quickly, similar to how I've experienced these other changes so quickly. That would really suck.

I really don't want to look and sound much more male than I did before I started transitioning.
Sounds like my case. However, I always had belly and knuckle hair as I was older (58) when I started HRT. Those disappeared without shaving during the nearly 5 years on HRT. I've been off of HRT for 2 1/2 years due to other issues. It was quick. My body hair returned with a vengeance plus the shoulder hair associated with men my age. My T levels were high and muscle mass low before starting HRT. But I gained muscle mass along with the boobs within a few months on HRT. My T levels is in the middle range for men my age plus I do have a sperm count, albeit low, which is very unusual. I'm a DES son, This is one of the anecdotal effects of this drug given to pregnant women to prevent miscarriages. No real formal study was done with this drug.

Joe
  •