Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What style of pizza and crust do you prefer?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 20, 2019, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

What style of pizza and crust do you prefer?
This is not a question about pizza toppings, see another pizza thread for that.   :)

Do you like deep dish, Chicago style; thin crust, New York style; thick crust, traditional flour crust, cauliflower crust, cheese used as the pizza crust, or ...   ?

I seem to like them all but have not eaten cauliflower crust pizza or cheese used as the crust pizza.  I would like to try those.  Yes, I have had some lousy pizza but have had a lot of good ones!

I do not like it when there are big "bubbles" in the crust, that does not make for an enjoyable slice of pizza, as the sauce and cheese and toppings are often pushed away by the bubble in the crust as the pizza cooks.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

DawnOday

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Gertrude

NY of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Laurie

thick hand tossed or deep dish Chicago style I think it is
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Linde

02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

MollyPants

Super thin crispy cust. Sometimes a calzone. But not too often!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Margarine

Deep dish, extra cheese, lots of pineapple and what ever mixture of dead mammals. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

What is the most unusual pizza topping that you have seen, or perhaps actually eaten that kind of pizza?

The chicken alfredo pizza is the most unusual one that I have seen on a menu.  Although I enjoy good chicken alfredo pasta, I am not inclined to order a chicken alfredo pizza.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 23, 2019, 07:49:32 AM
What is the most unusual pizza topping that you have seen, or perhaps actually eaten that kind of pizza?

The chicken alfredo pizza is the most unusual one that I have seen on a menu.  Although I enjoy good chicken alfredo pasta, I am not inclined to order a chicken alfredo pizza.

Chrissy

I'm not really open to trying the chicken alfredo pizza.
I did not like the Philly Cheese Steak.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I have also heard of spinach pizza, squash pizza, and other perhaps more unusual varieties of what I would call veggie pizza.

I supoose though any pizza with just cheese and no meats would be a veggie pizza. So some veggie pizzas would not be that unusual and are likely ordered often.

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

To be an outlier here, I have to say hat no pizza is the best pizza for me.  I eat pizza if i cannot avoid it, but i never ever would get the idea, to buy one, not even a little wedge of it!

The pizza in Italy is pretty OK, not like the US version, that is a greasy topping over loaden contraption covered with large amounts of low quality cheese, and in Wisconsin it was common o have the Wisconsin tyle with extra extra cheese.  The fat was just dripping down from it!

•  

GingerVicki

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 23, 2019, 08:10:54 AM
I have also heard of spinach pizza, squash pizza, and other perhaps more unusual varieties of what I would call veggie pizza.

I suppose though any pizza with just cheese and no meats would be a veggie pizza. So some veggie pizzas would not be that unusual and are likely ordered often.

Chrissy

Dominos has a Spinach & Feta with onion, provolone cheese, spinach, feta cheese, and parmesan Asiago.

I always have to add black olives.

Yummy in my tummy
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Cauliflower crust in my experience ends up making pizza that needs to be eaten with a fork.  It still tastes good, but it's not a direct replacement in my opinion.

I did try out some crust that was mostly mozzarella cheese mixed with egg and psyllium husk.  That worked pretty well for a pizza that you could eat like a regular one, just with nearly no carbohydrates.  It tastes really good, but does take a bit more prep than a regular crust.  Great if you're going for the low carb thing, pretty high in calories though.

I like a regular hand tossed crust.  (or rolled in my case since I never could figure out the whole tossing thing)  I'm not a huge fan of the crispy thin crusts.  I do on occasion like to have the monument to decadence and excess that is a Chicago deep dish.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Gertrude on January 20, 2019, 09:25:43 PM
NY of course.

Ditto

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 23, 2019, 07:49:32 AM

Chrissy

"The Thanksgiving" at EZ Pie in Braintree MA. It has smoked turkey kebabs, stuffing, gravy, corn, cheese, and a cranberry drizzle on top. Not something that I'd get every time, but a unique, interesting pizza for sure.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn on January 23, 2019, 10:31:17 AM
Ditto

"The Thanksgiving" at EZ Pie in Braintree MA. It has smoked turkey kebabs, stuffing, gravy, corn, cheese, and a cranberry drizzle on top. Not something that I'd get every time, but a unique, interesting pizza for sure.

Yes, it is a one of a kind!

Chrissy
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: DawnOday on January 20, 2019, 08:48:22 PM
Italian
Actual pizza from Italy is a lot better then the pizza from the states. The closest I have found from the chains over here is Papa Johns Thin Crust. Now if I can find a decent mom and pop Italian food restaurant I would be a regular.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 23, 2019, 11:00:24 AM
Actual pizza from Italy is a lot better then the pizza from the states. The closest I have found from the chains over here is Papa Johns Thin Crust. Now if I can find a decent mom and pop Italian food restaurant I would be a regular.
The Italian pizza is all you get in Europe.  Any European who eats their first piece of American pizza almost feels like throwing up because of how greasy it is!  I still dislike the US version after more than 40 years living here.
I think some things will never change (like disliking the American bread, the square soft stuff; or the screaming yellow mustard).

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Dietlind on January 23, 2019, 11:21:06 AM
The Italian pizza is all you get in Europe.  Any European who eats their first piece of American pizza almost feels like throwing up because of how greasy it is!  I still dislike the US version after more than 40 years living here.
I think some things will never change (like disliking the American bread, the square soft stuff; or the screaming yellow mustard).
I'm actually a deep-dish fan,  though these are almost impossible to find in the UK. I had an epic pizza from Unos last year in Boston MA which was lush! I'm certain a Chicago style pizza place in London would be a big hit.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: Megan. on January 23, 2019, 11:39:31 AM
I'm actually a deep-dish fan,  though these are almost impossible to find in the UK. I had an epic pizza from Unos last year in Boston MA which was lush! I'm certain a Chicago style pizza place in London would be a big hit.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
You guys on the island must have a different set of taste buts than the people on the mainland.  Whoever I talk with, can't stand the thick and heavy crut of the US style pizza, most find the crust to thick, and the toppings to greasy.

I am not a big pizza fan to start with, but I also prefer the Italian style.

•