Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Best pass ever!

Started by CarlyMcx, January 20, 2019, 08:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlyMcx

For many years pre transition I used to post videos on YouTube about how to grow bonsai trees.

A week ago, on very short notice, my bonsai club received an invite from an out of town bonsai club to display a tree at their show.  My club's leadership nominated me, and a friend delivered the tree and did the set up.

I learned on short notice that my friend could not make it back there today for the takedown, so I decided to go up there myself and pick up my tree, a 35 year old ornamental Japanese pomegranate that is quite unique.

I drove 20 miles up there in my SUV, in skinny jeans, grey, pink and aqua women's sneaks, a pink Aero T shirt, and a light grey DKNY sweatshirt.  I had my hair pulled back into a high ponytail, and no makeup or jewelry, not even my usual stud earrings.

This guy whom I've seen at shows from time to time over the years, but not since transition, comes up to me and says, "Do you have a brother who does bonsai videos on Youtube?

Best pass ever.

I explained to him who I was, and that I had stopped doing the videos due to the gender transition.

He asked for my name and said I should ignore potential haters and go back to doing videos.

That was one very happy drive home with the bonsai tree in the back of the SUV.

Hugs, Carly
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

•  

Beverly Anne

Those affirming moments are priceless. I enjoy reading positive experiences. Thanks for sharing it.
Be authentic and live life unafraid!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: CarlyMcx on January 20, 2019, 08:28:34 PM
For many years pre transition I used to post videos on YouTube about how to grow bonsai trees.

A week ago, on very short notice, my bonsai club received an invite from an out of town bonsai club to display a tree at their show.  My club's leadership nominated me, and a friend delivered the tree and did the set up.

I learned on short notice that my friend could not make it back there today for the takedown, so I decided to go up there myself and pick up my tree, a 35 year old ornamental Japanese pomegranate that is quite unique.

I drove 20 miles up there in my SUV, in skinny jeans, grey, pink and aqua women's sneaks, a pink Aero T shirt, and a light grey DKNY sweatshirt.  I had my hair pulled back into a high ponytail, and no makeup or jewelry, not even my usual stud earrings.

This guy whom I've seen at shows from time to time over the years, but not since transition, comes up to me and says, "Do you have a brother who does bonsai videos on Youtube?

Best pass ever.

I explained to him who I was, and that I had stopped doing the videos due to the gender transition.

He asked for my name and said I should ignore potential haters and go back to doing videos.

Hugs, Carly
[/quote

That is great Carly!   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Thanks for sharing Carly!  This is truly affirming.   
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

GingerVicki

•  

Jenny1969

Best pass ever.

Hugs, Carly

Hey now!!!!  Come on!!!!!   Ya gotta show us the TREE !!!! LOL    I really want to see the tree now!!!    I'm glad you were well received!!   
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Northern Star Girl

Best pass ever.

Hugs, Carly

@CarlyMcx
Dear Carly:
Thank you for sharing your "Best pass ever" experience.  Those kinds of moments are so very affirming and confidence bolstering for certain. 
I trust that as you continue in your journey that you will find passing and perhaps not being recognized by others that have known the "old you"  will become quite commonplace.

When I visited "back home" several weeks ago during the Christmas Holidays, last time I was there was over 2 years ago, there were many of my old friends and even a few extended family members that did not recognize me....  certainly a wonderful feeling...  much as you experienced in your posting.

Your friend's reaction and following comments to you were music to your ears, I am sure.

Thank you for sharing.
Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Maid Marion

Thanks for sharing this story! 
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Anjanette Miranda

so happy for you congratulations
  •  

Ricki Wright

Epic. Thank you for sharing.

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

MeTony

Congratulations. It was a great story and I am happy for you!

Tony
  •  

Josie_L

Love this positive post. Thankyou for sharing x
  •  

Jessica_K

That feeling, Carly, is indescribable, do restart the videos

Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•