Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Experimenting with makeup

Started by BlueJaye, January 21, 2019, 09:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueJaye

So, I finally decided after many years to try my hand with some basic makeup stuff. I bought a blender sponge, a few brushes, some foundation and concealer. Below is a link to before and after photos.

I think for my first attempt it's not awful. My skin was really dry and the concealer dried faster than I expected. If you look closely near the inside corners of my eyes you can notice a little caking where I didn't get to it fast enough. I also needed to shave before doing this, so stubble is clearly visible and I didn't have the right combination of colors and shades to hide dark patches from hair.

Overall I feel it was a nice learning experience.

•  

BlueJaye

•  

sally0196

BlueJaye, it's great that you've jumped in with both feet.  The thing about makeup is that we all need to practice a lot.  I've learned everything I know from reading and observing videos on the internet. There are thousands of amazing tutorials. There will be fails, but the more you practice the better you'll get at applying it.  You'll be amazed at how much of a difference hiding the beard stubble and shadow can be.  I shave extra close, and then conceal the blue shadow before I put on my foundation and other makeup. 

I wish you all the best, and no doubt you'll have great success since you are willing to practice.

Hugs,

Sally   
  •