News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Darn Endocrinologist

Started by Battle Goddess, January 23, 2019, 03:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 27, 2019, 09:54:51 PM
So what is wrong with me?  I feel nothing, zero, nill, nada, just swollen feet! And unswollen feet bcause of spiro!

Sometimes the watched pot doesn't boil.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 27, 2019, 09:58:10 PM
Sometimes the watched pot doesn't boil.
I really wonder if the stuff will do anything to me.  My genome analysis showed that most opioids are not metabolized by my body, and just slide through me.  Might the same be true for estrogen?
I have a blood test coming up mid February, and I am really wondering what that will show!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Jeal

Quote from: Battle Goddess on January 24, 2019, 04:21:23 PM
True dat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You get a bump just for the Nausicaa reference :D  I am a huge fan!

I plan on starting HRT and your situation sounds sooooo much like me.  I hate meds and am really kind of freaked out tbh.  Reading your post gave me some heart.

Thank you!  :)  Jael

Trans-cendental Musings Blog and Art:
https://jaelpw.wixsite.com/website

•  

KatieP

<Philosophizing>
So... Do we NEED hormones to be women? They may help some people, but based on the photos I have seen in these forums, there are plenty of people who could easily "pass" long before the first hormone touched them.

Or maybe... For how long do we NEED hormones? There are a TON of people in these forums who, it seems to me, totally "pass" and clearly do not need hormones any longer to live their lives as women.

I mention this because my endo (That Darn Endo...) over the past 18 months (since my turning 60), has made the point about how I have "the complete package" and look/sound/act like any other cis woman she talks to. Having been on some form of estrogen for 30 years, E has done whatever it will do to me. And, I think my Darn Endo would love it if I stopped taking it, because of the potential risks. I am hesitant because the 12 month trial of being off estradiol made me feel like Not Me. But perhaps I should work on that.

So, maybe, "we" can find ways to just be women, without hormones, or perhaps without hormones after a time.

Perhaps, Dietlind, you don't need estradiol to be the woman you are...

Perhaps this is true for you too, Battle Goddess...
</Philosophizing>

Kate
  •  

Linde

Quote from: KatieP on January 27, 2019, 10:25:03 PM

Perhaps, Dietlind, you don't need estradiol to be the woman you are...

Perhaps this is true for you too, Battle Goddess...
</Philosophizing>

Kate
I started to be a woman (biologically I actually was mostly woman all my life), quite a ways before I even found out about HRT.  It started definitely about 4 years ago, when my breasts started to grow.  I started with estrogen because I was hoping to get some more growth for the girls (I am a 34 B now, and that was without any hormones), but I have not seen or detected any results at all.  The boobs are still a 34 B, my mood and emotions have not changed, or anything.  I wonder if I need estrogen at all?  I may be as much of a woman as I ever will be, and the only thing that is missing is the SRS!  That is at least the opinion of my therapist.  I always had only one testicle, and they think hat the other did not develop, and it might be there in the form of an ovary.
I am just a weird pile of mutated chromosomes, and each time if something new and unexpected happens, they find another mutation of those chromosomes.  Who knows, I might just have escaped from Frankenstein's lab, and forgot all about it!

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: Dietlind on January 27, 2019, 10:05:25 PM
I really wonder if the stuff will do anything to me.  My genome analysis showed that most opioids are not metabolized by my body, and just slide through me.  Might the same be true for estrogen?
I have a blood test coming up mid February, and I am really wondering what that will show!
That is very interesting.  I find that most drugs don't have a proper effect on me until they are dosed at the maximum.  If the dose for X is 10, 20, 40 and 80 mg  I invariably am the one taking the 80mg (or 2 when my doctor decides its safe)  How did you find out that you process opiates differently?  very curious.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: JanePlain on January 29, 2019, 08:39:10 AM
That is very interesting.  I find that most drugs don't have a proper effect on me until they are dosed at the maximum.  If the dose for X is 10, 20, 40 and 80 mg  I invariably am the one taking the 80mg (or 2 when my doctor decides its safe)  How did you find out that you process opiates differently?  very curious.
I am a test subject of the global human genome panel.  My entire genome is checked through and analysed for anything and everything, and important results are shared with me to inform my medical providers about them.  This is how I found that I have the genetic makeup typical for a post menopausal woman, and that it seems, as if I finished menopause about 16 years ago.
Us intersex persons are really an unusual biological construct!

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: Dietlind on January 29, 2019, 08:56:38 AM
I am a test subject of the global human genome panel.  My entire genome is checked through and analysed for anything and everything, and important results are shared with me to inform my medical providers about them.  This is how I found that I have the genetic makeup typical for a post menopausal woman, and that it seems, as if I finished menopause about 16 years ago.
Us intersex persons are really an unusual biological construct!
As a science nerd all I can say is "COOL!"  Your on the edge of SciFi medical study with you entire genome being looked over. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: JanePlain on January 29, 2019, 08:59:54 AM
As a science nerd all I can say is "COOL!"  Your on the edge of SciFi medical study with you entire genome being looked over.
It sure beats the research studies I did.  Trying to find out, whether  pre surgical shaving or hair clipping causes lower wound infection rates (clipping turned out to be way better, because way less infections).
Any surgeon who is insisting on shaving the surgical area is not up to snuff with new technologies!

•  

AnneK

Quote from: JanePlain on January 29, 2019, 08:59:54 AM

They're also checking to see if there's a DNA link to crime scenes.   ;)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 27, 2019, 10:05:25 PM
You should be doing sublingual to bypass the liver on the first pass. This should help get effect.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 29, 2019, 12:25:15 PM
You should be doing sublingual to bypass the liver on the first pass. This should help get effect.
I am doing that since day one that I am on pills!  The patches gave me skin blisters, and the pills give me swollen feet, instead of swollen boobs!
My breasts have not grown any since starting the estrogen stuff.  They are still there at the B cup size they were, before I even knew about HRT!
My liver is sitting there in a corner, and tapping its fingers, in the hope to eventually see some of the estrogen!

I had a blood test done to check my estrogen and testosterone levels.  I will know the results on Monday.  The amount of testosterone I have should indicate whether my testes still work or not, my urologist feels they are so atrophied that they gave up working quite a while ago.  I have the feeling that was the time when my breasts started to grow.
If the blood test turns out to show close to zero testosterone, I will get my testes removed on insurance money because of pain they cause and cancer prevention.

Once i am without balls, I can start my legal name and gender change.

So, please cross your fingers to make sure that my balls of fire are nothing but useless marbles!

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: Dietlind on January 29, 2019, 12:50:40 PM
I am doing that since day one that I am on pills!  The patches gave me skin blisters, and the pills give me swollen feet, instead of swollen boobs!
My breasts have not grown any since starting the estrogen stuff.  They are still there at the B cup size they were, before I even knew about HRT!
My liver is sitting there in a corner, and tapping its fingers, in the hope to eventually see some of the estrogen!

I had a blood test done to check my estrogen and testosterone levels.  I will know the results on Monday.  The amount of testosterone I have should indicate whether my testes still work or not, my urologist feels they are so atrophied that they gave up working quite a while ago.  I have the feeling that was the time when my breasts started to grow.
If the blood test turns out to show close to zero testosterone, I will get my testes removed on insurance money because of pain they cause and cancer prevention.

Once i am without balls, I can start my legal name and gender change.

So, please cross your fingers to make sure that my balls of fire are nothing but useless marbles!

Its probably physical dysphoria screaming in my head that leads me to say, "congratulations on getting your testes removed!"  I'm sure you know this far better then I but getting labs done so you can adjust dose is science and for sure the way you want to do it.  I suspect you just need to have something adjusted because it does seem like your not getting the expected results.  And re the problems with patches etc.   I wanted to put in a vote for estrogel.   Or oestrogel depending on where you live and how its marketed.

I'm looking forward to hearing what they say on monday!
  •  

Linde

Quote from: JanePlain on January 30, 2019, 11:06:01 AM
Its probably physical dysphoria screaming in my head that leads me to say, "congratulations on getting your testes removed!"  I'm sure you know this far better then I but getting labs done so you can adjust dose is science and for sure the way you want to do it.  I suspect you just need to have something adjusted because it does seem like your not getting the expected results.  And re the problems with patches etc.   I wanted to put in a vote for estrogel.   Or oestrogel depending on where you live and how its marketed.

I'm looking forward to hearing what they say on monday!
My endo wanted to put me on estrogel, but it is not on the formulary of my health insurance!
I absolutely can't wait to see what my hormone levels are.   I have the gut feeling (and hope), that testosterone is pretty low.   If this is true, out them balls go!

•  

pamelatransuk

Good luck Linde for your BT for E&T on Feb 4th.

I assume like me you check your BT results 24/48 hours later online so you should know on Feb 6th.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Linde

Quote from: pamelatransuk on January 31, 2019, 04:19:06 AM
Good luck Linde for your BT for E&T on Feb 4th.

I assume like me you check your BT results 24/48 hours later online so you should know on Feb 6th.

Hugs

Pamela
I should know on the 4th, because I have an appointment with the urologist!  This is the appointment at which it will be decided whether I will become a ball less wimp, or remain the same kind of wimp, just with balls!

•  

mm

Dietlind, your balls seem to have gotten smaller as in the time I have known you here, a few weeks, you are becoming more of a woman all the time.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: mm on January 31, 2019, 01:24:36 PM
Dietlind, your balls seem to have gotten smaller as in the time I have known you here, a few weeks, you are becoming more of a woman all the time.
The urologist feels that they are extremely atrophied.  It might b that estrogen has something to do with it, but the urologist felt it would not be the case.
I don't think that it has anything to do with me becoming a woman, because that process started when I was born. However, I loose more and more of my masculinity (if there is any left). 

•  

Battle Goddess

What I wouldn't give to get my insurance to  cover voluntary orchiectomies...

Spironolactone January 10
Divigel January 20
Estradiol Valerate March 14
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Battle Goddess on February 02, 2019, 01:00:39 AM
What I wouldn't give to get my insurance to  cover voluntary orchiectomies...

You just have to develop problems with your testicles!

•